Was gonna criticise the coach...

Tigerspirit

Was gonna criticise the coach...

Unread post by Tigerspirit » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 8:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:The thing that has impressed me the most about Taylor is how many players that have improved under his tutelage

I don't think one player has gone backwards

Says a lot really especially seeing it has happened in such a short time
Excellent point made

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm happy that we didn't play our best footy but still won the game. Winning ugly is something that the Wests Tigers are not known for.

Our defense is much improved and as all experts know - defense is all about attitude.

I think this weeks game will be telling. The warriors are big boys all over the park. If we can win this Game over there, I think we are in for a good year. Impressed with JT to this point.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 8:58 pm

Interesting points made in previous posts. It is becoming apparent that there is no accident in relation to what JT is about, if I didn't know better he has seen this as probably his last chance to coach an NRL team he saw the opportunity coming at the WTs last year with the way the club was going, examined the roster and devised a coaching direction for the team probably based on his successful experience at the Roosters and his long experience in league (I recall him playing Flegg for Wests many years ago and from memory that team was beaten by Balmain in the GF, he's been involved at the top,level,for,a long time). He delivered his plan to our new Board and has gone about implementing it since. I don't suggest all is perfect there will be ups and downs and he will probably have to adjust as the season progresses but nonetheless he looks to me like a bloke who has seized an opportunity and making the most of it which to this point is benefitting those around him especially when compared to where we have been in the past.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 10:02 pm

Flippedy wrote:If we become a boring side that wins more games than it loses and has the best defence in the NRL, I think I can cop that - would be a nice change from the 'exciting' ad lib plays that rarely came off and the tissue paper defence of previous years.
Me too Flip. I Love that Winning feeling :)

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 10:11 pm

Tony33 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Tbf, i don't think the weather helped today, that definitely contributed to the game being a bore fest. We've been in every game so far, including games against last yrs gf's, one of which we should have won. I just hope that tactic of mid field bombs was a horses for courses tactic. Idk how Moses and Brooks will develop if all they're doing is mid field bombs for 90% of the game. They need to kick to corners, and if they can't do that, Farah needs to take the initiative and do it himself.
What made the game a borefest was the referees inability to monitor the 10m. It was short and pushed to the extreme boundaries by both teams (more so the eels of course).

Our halves had no space and no attacking play was able to unfold as a result. Our forwards were also less effective as a result.

It was an eels tactic of course to stop us getting a roll on, the refs did the game no favour what so ever.

The Refs also let the Eels stay on us for too long. Slowing the play of the ball... :twisted:

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Thu 09 Apr, 2015 6:47 pm

happy tiger wrote:
barra wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
MacDougall wrote:It's interesting that people criticise the bombs. Pretty sure two times we didn't bomb it that Parramatta made line breaks on the kick return.
Well two things:

1) if you can't kick on the ground and do a decent chase, what sort of footy side are you?

2) 100% one of Parra's first line breaks came off a bomb, their new winger outleapt and ran off downfield, Moses reeled him in.
100% correct on both counts.

WT website stats have Parra kick return metres ahead of ours, that is directly related to the quality of the kick and the chase. It will definitely hurt us if not addressed.
At least 3 times Teddy was a whisker from going long on our kick return

2 of Parra back three are far bigger than our back three
It's still largely about our chase though, it has not been enthusiastic at all. That, more than the power or size of the Parra kick return handed them metres.

If the kick is amazing (not many of ours have been) the numbers in the chase is not as important, but when it's a lame one (many of ours have been) your chase needs to be in order. And plenty of times it has been lazy, slow and resulted in a poorly set defensive line.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 335 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Thu 09 Apr, 2015 8:52 pm

JT has learnt this from the Roosters, they don't worry about giving away a penalty. They just back their defence to hold strong.
Once we get our defence perfect the attack will come.

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs Eels”