Sirro...

GNR4LIFE

Re: Sirro...

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 8:49 am

Tony, you had me up until the part where you said you took guys like Johns and Fittler's opinion over his. No ones asking you to take Tigerbalm's opinion over theirs, but you're more or less saying his opinion means jack. Don't play that card mate. On Sirro, I've liked the look of him this yr. starting to show his potential

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:05 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Tony, you had me up until the part where you said you took guys like Johns and Fittler's opinion over his. No ones asking you to take Tigerbalm's opinion over theirs, but you're more or less saying his opinion means jack. Don't play that card mate. On Sirro, I've liked the look of him this yr. starting to show his potential
I only used that card when he called me a clown because i thought Siro was a gun.

Everyone has the right to an opinion, but i don't think it's fair calling someone a clown based on an opinion which is backed up by 4 of the smatest minds in football.

Fitler and Johns might be knobs but they are footy smart and know what there talking about when they're not trying to be comedians.

Anyway who cares, Sironen is a gun and as you said is starting to deliver on his potential. I wish we could play him at lock, i think we would see him become one of the greatest ever locks. The potential is still huge and can't wait to see him play for NSW.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:22 am

Sirro is looking very good.
It is starting to come together, those passes after those half breaks will start sticking soon.

He also had a couple nice touches as a ball playing option.

Im hearing a push for SOO consideration. For mine 2 early.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:22 am

I'd like to see JT explore the Brooks/Sirro combo further.
Brooks against Souths explored the stab kick too often rather than a long cut out or just through the hands. His passing to Sirro also needs more variation.
Sirro's line running wide is good. I think if he could come back on the inside and have Brooks looking for him there as well.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Kul

Post by Kul » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:33 am

4 line breaks yesterday!

awesome stuff!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 6:24 pm

He looking real good. Finally he's been given one role to play and he's really taken to it.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 6:52 pm

He has been going great guns...

I know its a funny thing to notice, and only a tiny part of his game, though i have been really impressed with his service when he picks up the slack as DH when the play breaks down out wide. His service is crisp, he is aware and intelligent with his selections... I can see it being another weapon in his arsenal yet to be unleashed, opening up options for longer sweeping lines with both halves and Robbie in motion, and wide line breaks capitalised on rather than the usual winger or centre scoot via his awareness.

Just think, this is only the beginning for this guy, imagine when he really figures it all out...

barra

Post by barra » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 7:04 pm

Yep, I am starting to see it. I could see the potential the first time I saw him play live, the timing, the good hands, anticipation etc.

But things seemed to fall into a bit of a hole for him and it took a while and who knows the real reasons, but he seems to be coming into his own now. If he can continue the improvement he will certainly be a great player by most standards.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 7:09 pm

Sirro has started to show the talent and potential that he has,he is maturing and still developing into a top NRL prospect,he has needed time and good coaching for him to start producing...this is Sirros year,he will be awesome in 2016 with this year under his belt...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 1:11 am

coopy wrote:Just wanted to give a shout out to Sirro. I think he has really turned his game around, rather than being pivot in a second rowers body, he is starting to look like a real back rower!

I thought he struggled last year and I think that was both partly due to injury and a less than strong desire to play "in the pigs". The final game of 2014 though, he showed some glimpses of what he could be and really has started 2015 well. He has broken the line numerous times ( he is probably our most dangerous ball runner atm)and has shown that he can offload as well. His defence has been strong a well and I have noted he can hit very, very hard.

Well done young Sirro! Keep it up.
Agree Coopy. He's looking dangerous with every touch of the ball.
And he will only get better.

Gray

Post by Gray » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 6:12 am

The lines he's running have been exceptional, and he doesn't it hard and fast. Managing to poke his nose through on many accounts.

He's been very solid on defence to back this up, hitting hard and missing very few if any.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 7:38 am

He played the whole 80 minutes, right?
I don't remember him being subbed.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 8:03 am

I agree that Sirro is starting to live up to some of the hype that was around about him. Maybe it's partly because JT has him settled as a back rower , and he can concentrate on learning one job , not like in his early days.
However I would worry about NSW if he was to be playing SOO at this stage. There would have to be better choices . In the future maybe, but not yet . He's still got a lot to learn about back row, but he's starting to get there