Farah

Tony33

Farah

Unread post by Tony33 » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tony33 wrote:Farah is easily the most unfairly criticised player in the history of the wests tigers.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
And if you don't stop pumping his tyres up he will explode Tony
Read through this thread Happy, I was one of the first to say Robbie had a shocker yeaterday. He was very poor and definitely hasn't been the same Robbie this year.

I don't pump up anyones tyres mate, I just like to be fair. Especially when it comes to those who play for the club i support.

I'm sure many would agree with my statement.

2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:45 pm

Tony33 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Tony33 wrote:Farah is easily the most unfairly criticised player in the history of the wests tigers.

Read through this thread Happy, I was one of the first to say Robbie had a shocker yeaterday. He was very poor and definitely hasn't been the same Robbie this year.

I don't pump up anyones tyres mate, I just like to be fair. Especially when it comes to those who play for the club i support.

But you have still defended him , even when he isn't playing well as you said

Robbie is probably lucky no other NSW hooker is playing well at the moment

Has the defensive overload that has burdened his career finally caught up with him ??

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 12:11 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tony33 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
"Tony33" wrote:Farah is easily the most unfairly criticised player in the history of the wests tigers.

But you have still defended him , even when he isn't playing well as you said

Robbie is probably lucky no other NSW hooker is playing well at the moment

Has the defensive overload that has burdened his career finally caught up with him ??
I defended him because the reactions to one poor game are different for Farah as they would be for any other rep player or club captain. Hence my statement in regards to unfair criticism.

Robbie will win us 4 games and then cost us one and everyone is calling for him to be dumped for NSW or his over the hill or needs to be stripped of the captaincy.

Woodsy or Taupau have a bad game and it's ok he will bounce back, his a champion.

Imagine the sharks fans doing the same to Gallen, or Melbourne fans to Slater or Souths fans with Inglis. It doesn't happen because they're club legends. We're a special bunch at the Tigers in the way we treat our life time members, legends and premiership players. Any reason to get on their back..

Same can be said about players like Lawerence and Galloway, who people can't wait to bash. Even when it's not justified they make up reasons.

Pathetic really..

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 5:45 am

I rate Robbie as our greatest ever WT

I'm just asking the question , has the defensive overload of many seasons finally caught up to him Tony ??

My concern is that we really haven't seen a classic Farah game this season and he is a fair way off his usual self

Some of it is tactics of course , but as every one can see he is down on form

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 6:34 am

Happy,as I said earlier,Robbie has to play a different game this year...he has to let the halves control the game( a job he used to do nearly every game over the years with Benji)..he is given a planned structure this year and it appears he is out of sorts a bit with the changes....he will bounce back and still is the best NSW hooker option.......

He will show signs of the talent he has as we go along,but having so many young ones in the team at once,his plate is full so to speak,he will in my opinion show us his great leadership and playing role very soon,he is a champion and champions overcome adversity......
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 8:26 am

happy tiger wrote:I rate Robbie as our greatest ever WT

I'm just asking the question , has the defensive overload of many seasons finally caught up to him Tony ??

My concern is that we really haven't seen a classic Farah game this season and he is a fair way off his usual self

I doubt we will see many more classic Farah games . The try he set up with the line break on Saturday was classic Robbie, I just don't think he is able to play like that consistently anymore nor do I think the coach wants that anymore.

Age and a new game plan means Robbie will never be the same. Your right. If there was a better option, I don't think Robbie would deserve to be in origin based on his performances this year.

Snapper

Unread post by Snapper » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 8:29 am

I agree with Tiger in the Gong.
The only real problem I have with Robbie is he should've been a lot more vocal on the field. The referee was pathetic and one sided.
I don't condone what Graham did for the Bulldogs. But it showed passion And was willing to argue the point for his team.
Robbie should've argued the point with referees at many occasions but in a professional manner.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 10:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:He hasn't been himself all yr.

You're right GNR. I noticed that too. Seems very quite. He's propably trying to adjust to JT's new structure.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 11:11 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:
king sirro wrote:Remember this is our captain, our leader and our international player I'm talking about here. It isn't a rookie. He is better than what he dished up tonight and the fact is WE need him to be better. His passing at times was a joke and that's not good enough
He gets motivated with success, i bet deep down he hates coming off every game.
It effects his passion which makes him a success

Robbie is an 80 min. player. He's fiercely competitive and our Captain. Of course he would hate coming off. But he's doing it non the less, for he knows it's for the betterment of the team. Good on you Robbie! :sign:

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 11:18 pm

Tony33 wrote:I'm a Robbie fan but apart from that first assist i think he was poor, very poor actually.

He has set an incredibly high standard over the past 5-10 years but tonight he was very poor in both attack and defence.

I also thought Woodsy was very lazy in defence today. They both looked extremely tired.

I back them both to have blinders next week at Leichardt though. Champions always bounce back and they're both in that category.

Short turnarounds tend to tire players out Tony. Hope they rest up and have a great game on Sunday.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 11:19 pm

[quote="Tony33"]I'm a Robbie fan but apart from that first assist i think he was poor, very poor actually.

He has set an incredibly high standard over the past 5-10 years but tonight he was very poor in both attack and defence.

I also thought Woodsy was very lazy in defence today. They both looked extremely tired.

I back them both to have blinders next week at Leichardt though. Champions always bounce back and they're both in that category.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0[/
Last edited by Tigermama on Mon 13 Apr, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 11:31 pm

Yes TITG. Robbie is good enough. Good enough to play Origin, good enough to play for his Country and good enough to Captain his beloved WT.

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Tue 14 Apr, 2015 6:03 pm

happy tiger wrote:I rate Robbie as our greatest ever WT

Down on form, a fair way off his usual self... maybe the new coaching instructions are catching up with him as much as his defensive workload?

He doesn't look happy, Happy. That's more than defensive workload tiredness.

If he is exhibiting some sort of body language like he has been known to do, that is poor form and a captain needs to be able to rise above all that.

Maybe I'm wildly speculating, but something ain't right.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 14 Apr, 2015 6:12 pm

Barra,I said earlier in this thread he is adapting to the new structure... I certainly hope that is the case.....not the old Robbie spitting the dummy because he can't get his way,that would be a tradgedy as we are heading in a new and forward direction....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Regan

Unread post by Regan » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 10:49 pm

Regan wrote:My post was taken down the other day when I said there is problem between coach and two players you mite know who one of them is now
:deadhorse:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 5:51 am

Regan wrote:
Regan wrote:My post was taken down the other day when I said there is problem between coach and two players you mite know who one of them is now
:deadhorse:
Yep, and note this thread and the concerns posted within are from back in April.

The other player seems to have gritted his teeth and gotten on with the job and made a good fist of playing a new position.

Goanna

Unread post by Goanna » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 9:36 am

Nice to see autocratic censorship is still alive and flourishing at Wests Tigers re: the Farah sacking. If people i.e. coach and Board, can't respond to criticism in a constructive manner (and I believe it's justified in this instance) then there'll never be effective resolution of issues. I suspect this post will be taken down in the not too distant future.

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs Warriors”