do we have a chance against the Warriors next week?

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Re: do we have a chance against the Warriors next week?

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 06 Apr, 2015 10:04 pm

If the Sharks can beat the Roosters........hey wheres that blow in - cock fan havent seen him round for a while

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:15 am

larrycorowa wrote:Big challenge. We have to beat them the same way we beat Parra.....keep it tight, beat them in defence, control field position and the ball and points will come. They don't like the grind.
Yeah the grind isnt their go!

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:21 am

simonthetiger wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:Big challenge. We have to beat them the same way we beat Parra.....keep it tight, beat them in defence, control field position and the ball and points will come. They don't like the grind.
Yeah the grind isnt their go!
Have to agree Gents. Play it tight and force them into some stupid play.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:33 am

Teams that have had great long range kickers like Lockyer, Soward ect. are able to make opposition teams play the majority of there sets starting from inside there quarter.
The NZW are a momentum side. With strong running and offloads. If we can cramp them and stop the offloads we are a good chance.
Do you think JT might switch a half with Richards for a long kick, say, one in five sets? To save some energy and get us good field position.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:03 am

Richards should be doing the midfield bombs!!

I know it would mess with our structure but a big floaty Pattycake special is what we need.

Or, get cake to show our halves how he does it!

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:33 am

If we keep grinding away, we will be hard to beat most weeks.

Despite everyone saying how bad we played, we barely made a mistake and controlled the ruck nicely.

We got a few chances, put them away in the last 10. Dare I say Melbourne like

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:36 am

Goose wrote:If we keep grinding away, we will be hard to beat most weeks.

Despite everyone saying how bad we played, we barely made a mistake and controlled the ruck nicely.

We got a few chances, put them away in the last 10. Dare I say Melbourne like
Melbourne's halves wouldn't have had so many passes not hitting their man , but there was some similarities yes

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:39 am

Yossarian wrote:Of course we do. We've been competitive every game this year. Should have won 4 and only lost to the defending premiers and title favourites.
hate that 'shoulve' mentality. fact is we didnt.

we scraped a win round 1 as well, with a late comeback.

some you win some you don't.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

The Tooth

Unread post by The Tooth » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 11:55 am

After 5 games I'd say we've got a chance at beating any side in the comp. So yes we can beat NZ.

On Taylors press conference comments, I can understand him being happy. The way I see it we have improved slightly each week and yesterdays game was the first 80 min performance. It wasn't pretty but we stayed in the arm wrestle all afternoon, held them to one try and managed to finish on top. It was a win for Taylors number 1 focus: attention to defensive structures. He could have walked into the dressing room after and said to the players "see, I told you so".

Yossarian
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:29 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Of course we do. We've been competitive every game this year. Should have won 4 and only lost to the defending premiers and title favourites.

It's in the context of whether we are a chance of winning next weeks game. Don't make it something it isn't....

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:42 pm

willow wrote:We can definitely beat them. We can match and beat them up the middle. Johnson is their x-factor, shut him down, hold the ball and we win.
What worries me is after a very slow start to the season, Johnson is just starting to find his legs. But I have a feeling in my waters that this may be the game that suits Moses and he may start running at some gaps. You know they are going to score points so this will be like the Bulldogs game score plenty of points and your a chance to beat them.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:52 pm

Probably depends who will be back for the Warriors as well

I think they have 4-5 players who are possibly back this week

dimitri

Unread post by dimitri » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:53 pm

The short turnaround doesn't wash as the Warriors played after our game in Melbourne.

We have played both of last years grand finalists that were close to their strongest line ups and if not for a few calls or bounce of the ball, who knows.

Why should we be concerned about the Warriors or anyone else.

This team is on the rise provided the injury gods are kind.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 1:20 pm

Yossarian wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

It's in the context of whether we are a chance of winning next weeks game. Don't make it something it isn't....
yeah i guess so, but i dont think we deserved to win round 1, but we did deserve to beat the dogs.

does that mean it evens out?

i mean by that logic every team 'deserves' an extra win or two, but not every team can be above 50%

i dunno, it doesnt really matter. just dont like that 'shoulda won x games' mentality cause we also 'shouldn't have won y games' too
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

underdog
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 1:43 pm

If we can beat the Warriors and then the Raiders in Round 8, I think 6 and 2 would be a fantastic start to the year.

Even if we drop the Warriors one 5 and 3 is good - I don't see us losing to the Raiders - our boys should know Blake Austins tricks well enough - and nullify his game.

Justo

Unread post by Justo » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 6:02 pm

Agree with a few who've touched on it. Warriors are a team that gets frustrated easily (it's in our DNA too - though we are better this year by a country mile). If we defend and defend and play boring defensive football (like yesterday to a point) and grind it out patiently, they'll no doubt make desperate errors. Scoring first will also help our cause to promote their panic football.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:17 pm

The grinding game worked against Parra. Parra have been and up and down side this year. Yesterday they were way down. The Warriors are a bit that way as well.
We have been pretty consistent this year. Which is unlike us.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

tigertye
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigertye » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 10:27 pm

Is it just me, or do the Tigers seem to have a tendency to play teams out of form? Or the following week the other team look a little rattled.

We might not necessarily beat them, but in my eyes we seem to always shake teams up a bit and they don't perform as well the following week.

I genuinely think a lot of clubs get nervous playing the Tigers, simply because they never knew what team would turn up. The good thing for us so far this season is we seem to have hit a bit of consistency.

The Warriors are the same in many ways. They can come out and blow teams off the park or go the other way and get flogged.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs Warriors”