How will we beat the Warriors?

Kul

How will we beat the Warriors?

Post by Kul » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 8:35 pm

How will we do it?

Go with the same game plan?

Against Parra it was clear - attack the middle/right channel in the first four, then quickly spread it left.
From there, either Sirro was running for a flat pass off Brooks (worked four times for four line breaks) or they tried to get as fast as possible to Richards to get around Parra (failed each time).
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

willow

Post by willow » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:09 pm

I can't see us changing too much from last week mate. We'll play them up the middle and I like our chances with Woods averaging over 200 metres per game, Galloway up around 150m and Taupau around 120m. The rest of the forwards are aiming up and doing their job and we've persisted with the mid-field bombs since round 1 so that will stay for sure.

I don't think we will see any sweeping backline plays unless we are deep inside the Warriors half, as Taylor has us playing percentage football for a change and whilst it's a far cry from how we would normally play, it's working so far.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 07 Apr, 2015 9:16 pm

Easy game plan...get into a boring grind with the Warriors for 70 minutes then throw it around for a try or two...the Warriors clock out after 60 minutes...

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 10:34 am

this game plan seems to be suiting Lawrence. Lawrence at centre was a defensive wall that Parra couldn't crash through. he also made some strong runs into the Parra line. It's conservative play but did work. Even Simona looks a lot bigger this year.
I think we have the size to blunt the Warriors power plays.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 3:31 pm

The Warriors will throw a lot more at us than Parra last week. It will be a big test of our metal.

We can't afford a first half like last week where we gave away field position through silly penalties.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 3:36 pm

Convincingly.

Sully

Post by Sully » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 6:23 pm

Score more points than them :roll

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 6:29 pm

The key for us will be shutting down Johnson's go to men and not losing the battle in the centres

My concern is Kata and Hurrell over powering Simona and Lawrence

If we hold our own in the centres we will go a long way to winning

The other bloke who is highly underrated is Townsend , good player

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 6:33 pm

Tigerdon wrote:this game plan seems to be suiting Lawrence. Lawrence at centre was a defensive wall that Parra couldn't crash through. he also made some strong runs into the Parra line. It's conservative play but did work. Even Simona looks a lot bigger this year.
Hurrell is back for them , he will be on Lawrence's side so he will have to be on .

Quick play the balls and take them up the middle , kick on the 4th Tackle as much we can . Get there big men back peddling as much as we can.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 6:36 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:this game plan seems to be suiting Lawrence. Lawrence at centre was a defensive wall that Parra couldn't crash through. he also made some strong runs into the Parra line. It's conservative play but did work. Even Simona looks a lot bigger this year.
Hurrell is back for them , he will be on Lawrence's side so he will have to be on .

Quick play the balls and take them up the middle , kick on the 4th Tackle as much we can . Get there big men back peddling as much as we can.
I'd reckon we have a bigger pack than the Warriors these days FT

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 7:08 pm

On the back of Keefy with his real quick play the ball and his long arms that get a hold and only very rarely let go.

He may only get three quarters or so of Woodsy's metres, and runs at about half the pace Taupau but he is our best middle man at finding his front and again springs to his feet now the lingering foot problems of recent seasons are a thing of the past. His defense, not dramatic, but he is a very effective plug in the guts.

And Yes, I am a fan of Sauce.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 7:20 pm

We don't seem to get man handled by teams anymore. We didn't look out of place against Souths or Dogs. I've never been more confident of us beating NZ.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 7:51 pm

Wests Tigers will be competitive against the Warriors.....in answer to the question.......

TAKE OUT SHAUN JOHNSON.........
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

cunno

Post by cunno » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 9:08 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if there is more emphasis on kick chase to keep the Warriors back peddling and playing as much as possible in their half. Johnson is a little below par at the moment so to run big blokes at him and make it hard for him could bustle him further thereby affecting their attack.