Warriors v Wests Tigers Live Game Thread - Spoilers

User avatar
Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 7937
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Re: Warriors v Wests Tigers Live Game Thread - Spoilers

Unread post by Flippedy » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 7:55 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Once again the team that is expected to win gets all the calls and is refereed in a different manner to the other team.

Hard to enjoy the game these days.
It is getting beyond a joke.
Why don't the insipid commentators ever see this?
Too scared to bag the referees?
Impossible to win when every call goes against you - resulting in little possession.
We just got no ball at all..

They could do whatever they wanted....some od their play the balls were ridiculous.

Not forgetting the two tries that werent.....
I think Mark Gasnier agreed with you. He was more impressed by what the Tigers did against the odds than by the Warriors actually winning! Former players usually know how these things work.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen


User avatar
cunno
Member
Member
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:42 pm

Unread post by cunno » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:01 pm

Flippedy wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Once again the team that is expected to win gets all the calls and is refereed in a different manner to the other team.

Hard to enjoy the game these days.
It is getting beyond a joke.
Why don't the insipid commentators ever see this?
Too scared to bag the referees?
Impossible to win when every call goes against you - resulting in little possession.
We just got no ball at all..

They could do whatever they wanted....some od their play the balls were ridiculous.

Not forgetting the two tries that werent.....
I think Mark Gasnier agreed with you. He was more impressed by what the Tigers did against the odds than by the Warriors actually winning! Former players usually know how these things work.
Yes you are right Flip heard him as well and nice to hear him give our blokes some credit although I am finding it a bit hard to be as positive at least until tomorrow when it will be time to get psyched up for the raiders next week :lol:

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Unread post by alexaki » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:17 pm

Warriors were too big for us

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:19 pm

alexaki wrote:Warriors were too big for us

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

No they werent.

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5030
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:24 pm

Newtown wrote:Unfortunately we have the smallest set of halves in the competition. It would not take a genius to work out that the Warriors' plans would be to run straight at our halves all night.

Make of this what you will but I really believe that when we are in a defensive set Moses should move to wing with Lawrence to 5/8 and Richards to centre. This pattern would pay dividends especially when we play a heavyweight team like the Warriors.
souths, 169kg

tigers, 167kg

we're not that far off the mark. couple of kilos on moses and we're fine. its more about technique and attack under fatigue/duress of making tackles against big boys all game.

as well as some forwards stuff like line speed/ruck to constrain offloads
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36314
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:29 pm

Sorry was a long way away from the screen at the hotel , but what was the penalty for after the Warriors put up the bomb before they scored for ??

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:32 pm

Newtown wrote:Unfortunately we have the smallest set of halves in the competition. It would not take a genius to work out that the Warriors' plans would be to run straight at our halves all night.

Make of this what you will but I really believe that when we are in a defensive set Moses should move to wing with Lawrence to 5/8 and Richards to centre. This pattern would pay dividends especially when we play a heavyweight team like the Warriors.
I don't think that is a good idea myself. There is nowhere to hide in the NRL.
We tried to hide Marshall for half his career and that didn't work.

Besides defending is not a problem for Moses.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:33 pm

happy tiger wrote:Sorry was a long way away from the screen at the hotel , but what was the penalty for after the Warriors put up the bomb before they scored for ??
The penalty was for Manu Vatuvei and his 200th game

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4787
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:35 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Sorry was a long way away from the screen at the hotel , but what was the penalty for after the Warriors put up the bomb before they scored for ??
The penalty was for Manu Vatuvei and his 200th game
Short and sweet and totally to the point. We weren't supposed to win tonight, plain and simple. We didn't play well but neither did they. They had one extra player out there from the get-go, that always makes the difference.

User avatar
NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2641
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:40 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Sorry was a long way away from the screen at the hotel , but what was the penalty for after the Warriors put up the bomb before they scored for ??
The penalty was for Manu Vatuvei and his 200th game



It was his 200th game? They really should have made something of that and really shoved it into peoples faces at every opportunity.

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5030
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:24 pm

NJLM78 wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Sorry was a long way away from the screen at the hotel , but what was the penalty for after the Warriors put up the bomb before they scored for ??
The penalty was for Manu Vatuvei and his 200th game



It was his 200th game? They really should have made something of that and really shoved it into peoples faces at every opportunity.
never seen such a massive deal made about a 200th game, youd have thought it was his 300th the way everyones harping on about it.

i think it was hoffmans 250th NRL game or something but no one gave two hoots.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Post Reply

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs Warriors”