Farah

foreveratiger

Re: Farah

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:19 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:If Farah wasnt the incumbent is his form good enough for Origin this year.
I would say no but there isn't any other New south Welshman number 9 who is playing well? Well maybe there is but Origin is another level for an inexperienced hooker to come in. Ennis has no chance IMO.

Other candidates include:
Michael Lichaa
Nathan Peats
Mitch Rein

Maybe Daley has already told him he will be there?

Good question tiger in the gong
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:21 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:If Farah wasnt the incumbent is his form good enough for Origin this year.
I think so TITG,he has to adapt to JTs structure,and a lot of changes around him,Robbie will bounce back and set a good example in leadership and playing roles.... :D
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:21 pm

I think farah and Moses are the only two players capable of not letting go of the sheens farah Marshall era that was play what you see and back yourself despite rest of the team. Moses has backed off a lot more with his all or nothing plays since jt come I'm but farah and Moses are the only two with big enough egos to not let go of the being a hero every game like sheens days. Moses is a big mouth or confident what Eva u want to call it but perhaps his not happy not being centre of attention he would of been with Sheens and potter. Only speculating. Thoughts?

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:23 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Of course it is good enough.

One missed tackle....he didnt dog it got stepped one on one near our line by a 6.......lets hang the bloke.

He still made a zillion tackles, and made the line break and offload for our first try.

Calm down mate, its a fair question.

Couldnt give two figs about the missed tackle.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:28 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
I would say no but there isn't any other New south Welshman number 9 who is playing well? Well maybe there is but Origin is another level for an inexperienced hooker to come in. Ennis has no chance IMO.

Other candidates include:
Michael Lichaa
Nathan Peats
Mitch Rein

Maybe Daley has already told him he will be there?

Good question tiger in the gong
None of those have shown enough to say they are a better option than Farah at this stage.

City Country might throw up someone as a candidate.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:36 pm

Qld will pick a player from reserve grade and show some loyalty and they usually have a blinder .
We start looking to replace anyone who has a few sub ( his) standard games
Wonder why we struggle against them so much????
He should be there and will be
Still played ok last night.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:39 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:Let me say that Farah has given us tremendous service over the past decade and loves our Club dearly But as others have said and I agree he is just not as effective as he once was.
Which of the following would be the reason you think this is the case?
A. Age is creeping up on him and is slowing down.
B. There isn't anyone pushing him for the Origin number 9 Jersey and is just going through the motions at Club level
C. JT has him playing a different role and is affecting his natural game.
D. Is still affected by last year's events
E. We expect to much from him and is doing just fine.

If you would like to add your thoughts for any other reason.
Agree with all, also its the begining of the season JT is taken control away from Farah to get brooks and moses to control the game.
Thats what everybody was crying for?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Going on our halves performance , please give give him the control back. Lol

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:50 pm

love how the knives come out after such games for players like farah.
when he was playing is hand too much, hog.
when he was questioning referees too much, whinger.
it's obvious taylor has clipped robbie's wings to let our halves run the game and for good or bad reasons this is the only way our halves will grow and learn.
if farah keeps playing the second halfback role it will keep stunting their progression.
i'm all for robbie chiming in every now and then on the plays and kicks but i think this is the best way forward, been a long time coming.
he's no spring chicken and he's defintely not what he was 10yrs ago but that's what happens unfortunately in footy. can't be at the peak of your game for your whole career.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:55 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:love how the knives come out after such games for players like farah.
I'd rather blame players than blame the ref.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:21 pm

Farah is easily the most unfairly criticised player in the history of the wests tigers.

2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:26 pm

Tony33 wrote:Farah is easily the most unfairly criticised player in the history of the wests tigers.

Chris Lawrence says hello

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tony33 wrote:Farah is easily the most unfairly criticised player in the history of the wests tigers.

Chris Lawerence definitelty a shoe in for second.

Lawerence hasn't really had a stand out game since his injury. That's why criticism or Chris is unfair, because injuries have totally destroyed his once promising career.

Farah on the other hand has one bad game after carrying us for 4-5 seasons and people call for his head almost immediately. It happens every year.

In my eyes, players like Robbie, Woods, Taupau and Tedesco are allowed to have one or two bad games every now and again because they win us more then they lose.

I don't think people give Robbie that luxury, but are more than happy to give it to the others I have mentioned. I am certain that it has to do with his offield persona and that is why he is so heavily criticised on the field.

2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:44 pm

"ive said it before, and ill say it again": i am actually of the view that is doing exactly as he has been instructed to for the benefit of the team long term. personally, i admire his restraint this season as in past years when halves (or whoever...the whole team?!) werent doing well he tried to do it all himself.
ive got no complaints about him whatsoever.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 4:04 pm

cktiger wrote:Good to see the Farah haters get a chance to dump on him . :roll:
Yeah - it was all his fault. :crazy
Nothing to do with hating Farah. He has played crap from round 1. Not good enough.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 4:07 pm

magpiecol,dont you think he has had to change his playing style to accommodate the young halves...I dare say JT has told him to let them control the game....he has been cleaning up the mess they leave behind,hence his poorer play...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:22 pm

Robbie looked old out there last night.

I have been a big fan over the years, but he had a stinker last night. His passing was terrible and missed a shocking tackle.

Im sure he will respond with a big game at home next week.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:25 pm

And if you don't stop pumping his tyres up he will explode Tony

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:30 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:

Number one and two....both going a lot better than suggested!