This Referee is crap. rubbish.

GNR4LIFE

Re: This Referee is crap. rubbish.

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 12:25 pm

Good response from JT

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:23 pm

JT handled it extremely well...

But Im sure he wasnt happy. Well not 100% but not far off.

But moaning about the refs makes ya look like a clown so good on him.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:30 pm

No way JT was happy with the ref but if he goes hard at the ref the players think they did enough. After saying what he did he can put it on them to improve.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:47 pm

Home town decisions during a favorite sons milestone game....Badger gave the fans what they cried out for...Mr Popular...it's what Badger craves...for Christ's sake he even copies the players fad haircuts. ..He is old chum.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:53 pm

Tony33 wrote:I know the old saying goes "great teams can overcome adversity" but gee it would've taken a lot for any team to beat the warriors tonight with that reffing.

The two Vatuvei trys were key 50/50 moments that were always going to go there way. But it was soo much more than that.

We would tackle them and still be putting them down and Badger would call "move" before the tackle was complete. That's fine but then when we would attack he would let them slow us right down.

The difference in the ruck speed for both teams was massive and that was what killed us when they scored their 20 unanswered points. We couldn't stop it because the refs wouldn't let us compete in the ruck and they just kept breaking us.

Poor reffing doesn't always come down to a ruling on a forward pass or wrong video ref call. The ruck and 10m interpretations are massive and can sway a game in favour of one team depending on the referee's agenda.

The difference in ruck speed for both teams was immense and thats what ultimately cost us, even more so then the 2 Vatuvei controversial "trys".

Badger either had money on them or didn't want to spoil their party. I'm going with option B.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

And how they can get away with such obvious favouritism like that is beyond me! Can't the powers that be see how unfair it is and how it gives one team no possible chance of winning? Yet these refs are not reprimanded or anything for performances like that. The only time they get reprimanded or dropped is when they make a howler of a mistake with tackle counts or forward passes etc, but never when they control the ruck so unequally. And as you say Tony, this is the area where more games are won or lost in the end.

Honestly, I have trouble watching the games these days because the refs are often so blatantly unfair and I just hate it that a third party can so easily influence who wins and who loses.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 4:13 pm

Two pretty certain tries to Richards except for some bad passes especially from Farah.
Two tries to " the beast " which in other games have been ruled no try. One from a definate forward pass and the other on the side line before grounding.

Agree that the ref's gave the Warriors every chance.

We still have problems around the halves. Both should be running more.

Lawrence had his best game for years. Especially in defence.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 4:53 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Tony33 wrote:I know the old saying goes "great teams can overcome adversity" but gee it would've taken a lot for any team to beat the warriors tonight with that reffing.

The two Vatuvei trys were key 50/50 moments that were always going to go there way. But it was soo much more than that.

We would tackle them and still be putting them down and Badger would call "move" before the tackle was complete. That's fine but then when we would attack he would let them slow us right down.

The difference in the ruck speed for both teams was massive and that was what killed us when they scored their 20 unanswered points. We couldn't stop it because the refs wouldn't let us compete in the ruck and they just kept breaking us.

Poor reffing doesn't always come down to a ruling on a forward pass or wrong video ref call. The ruck and 10m interpretations are massive and can sway a game in favour of one team depending on the referee's agenda.

The difference in ruck speed for both teams was immense and thats what ultimately cost us, even more so then the 2 Vatuvei controversial "trys".

Badger either had money on them or didn't want to spoil their party. I'm going with option B.

And how they can get away with such obvious favouritism like that is beyond me! Can't the powers that be see how unfair it is and how it gives one team no possible chance of winning? Yet these refs are not reprimanded or anything for performances like that. The only time they get reprimanded or dropped is when they make a howler of a mistake with tackle counts or forward passes etc, but never when they control the ruck so unequally. And as you say Tony, this is the area where more games are won or lost in the end.

Honestly, I have trouble watching the games these days because the refs are often so blatantly unfair and I just hate it that a third party can so easily influence who wins and who loses.
I have the same issue. I used to enjoy the games a lot more, now the ref and who he favours is the most important part of the game.

I have no faith in the power that be that you mention. It almost looks like the refs are acting on their directives.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:44 pm

I think u blokes have yer tin foil hats on....the refs have always favoured the top sides.

Saints won 11 in a row!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:50 pm

Too early in the season to start shooting refs as far as JT is concerned

We need to take some responsibility for the loss , we could of done things far better and JT and the team will learn a lot from this loss

As I said yesterday I think this game has given us the best indicator of where we stand in the comp

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:Too early in the season to start shooting refs as far as JT is concerned

We need to take some responsibility for the loss , we could of done things far better and JT and the team will learn a lot from this loss

As I said yesterday I think this game has given us the best indicator of where we stand in the comp
....middle of the road !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:58 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Too early in the season to start shooting refs as far as JT is concerned

....middle of the road !

Hobbo , we get some "good" calls when we play home games as well

But yes we are somewhere in that middle 4-12 teams , as we expected and we aren't going to win every game this season

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:05 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

....middle of the road !

But yes we are somewhere in that middle 4-12 teams , as we expected and we aren't going to win every game this season
I'm not complaining :D

We'll beat Canberra next week and we'll get the calls go our way !
Just hope the weather stays good ?!

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:21 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

....middle of the road !

I'm not complaining :D

We'll beat Canberra next week and we'll get the calls go our way !
Just hope the weather stays good ?!

Haven't you got something on ;) :cry:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 8:55 am

Hobb's does his best work naked ..you know that...

If it's Badger Klein or Maxwell we'll still get pumped....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 9:00 am

GEO, hopefully the refs cannot put on another performance like our game on Saturday...it wasnt good,but it wasnt all their fault either,our boys done some silly things....

I think people would like to see more consistency from the refs,rugby league deserves it....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 10:45 am

I am tired of people making excuses for them. Its not about them making a mistake I can cop that. its the discretionary penalties that they choose to give at a rate, that advantages one team over another, and more often than not it will happen on the fourth or fifth tackle.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 12:49 pm

The 2 calls that I thought were terrible were:

1. Manu's forward pass try - it was pretty obvious
2. Woods penalised after red called milking, the the other one penalised him...that was ludicrous!

Otherwise, we botched a try or 2 ourselves and it was good we hung in for so long with 40% of the ball.

It seems we have a period of 10 minutes in the game when we switch off and leak points...need to tidy that up, otherwise the defence is solid.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 3:06 pm

simonthetiger wrote:I think u blokes have yer tin foil hats on....the refs have always favoured the top sides.

Saints won 11 in a row!
Roosters have been a top side for quite a few years now, Simon, but they are very often caned in the penalty count. I think they were the most penalised team the year the won the Premiership weren't they? Nice to see something go against them though, considering they seem to have no limit on their salary cap :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen