Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 8:56 pm

it has to be mature

it needs time

be patient - don't be a patient
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:00 pm

Ok fellow forumers,I may have been a bit harsh on my judgement of Brooks and Moses tonight,however having said that,in earlier threads everyone said that they played together and offer us a halves combination like never before,I have yet to see this at NRL level...

I know they are stepping up,however they should both be at the stage where they have great players around them and they should play what's in front of them..kicking down the throat of the opposition and not finding grass is a sign of no confidence..just kick and hope...they have to guide the team the team doesn't guide them...when they get this right then I will be first to fully support them in what they achieve..mistakes or not...I know they are still learning and I will be the first to say I was harsh and they are probably doing what their told,however they must stand up and start being counted,these two are a major part of the spine,no good Farah and Teddy going hammer and tong if the other two hang back.....

This is just my opinion and don't want to argue or belittle anyone for their opinion....I say it as I see it ....we as a team can't win on reputation alone,we have to put in the hard work to get results,our forwards have been great this year and now our backs have to start being great,otherwise we will be known as the team with the most talent and don't achieve anything.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:04 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
"TrueTiger" wrote:CQ,whatever,I see it as it is,NRL is week to week 80 mins of football....especially our playmakers,but if your happy to get beat every week until they mature then good luck to you..
we are 3/6... so we arent losing each week, we were robbed in the dogs game, massacred by the refs tonight.

We got done by the defending premiers, though a gritty loss...

Facts are facts, they are the same for everybody, though I agree you have the right to your own opinion no matter how wrong it is.
Agree with the above
These types of games were definately games that benji would stand out and win it for is us on his own even with all stats against us...
Thats what i loved to watch,.... Pity he lost his mojo.
True Tiger is correct as well, where here to win today not this crap about maturing?
Teams change every 6 months these days, rules change yearly giving attacking teams the advantage then defensive teams the next year ad life threating injuries... What answer do you have then????

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Last time we didn't worry about the future we ended up with massive salary cap problems that we are still recovering from.

How about we take a step back and let Taylor run the course of his plan with the kids instead of hanging them out to dry after 6 rounds.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:06 pm

I do not agree with OP.

We had a game plan that almost worked, but we gave Warriors too much ball and too many penalties.

Mistakes were spread across the side:
- Naiqama miss on Vatuvei try #1
- Farah missed tackle on Townsend try #2
- Brooks missed Hurrell try #3
- Farah throws bad pass to Richards when on attack
- Siro drops pass from Farah
- Marty Taupau dangerous throw
- Woods dropped ball after first try
- Simona smoked by Johnston
- Moses poor kick second half down Lolohea throat

So yes Brooks and Moses didn't take us to the victory, but that surely is not our gameplan, to hang on and hope for the halves to pull something brilliant out.

Farah had a disappointing game, and otherwise giving Warriors so much ball was the cause.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:07 pm

Fumbles wrote:
cqtiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:CQ,whatever,I see it as it is,NRL is week to week 80 mins of football....especially our playmakers,but if your happy to get beat every week until they mature then good luck to you..
Do you have dyslexia?
I wrote a post a while back and you replied to me as CK, now you reply to CK as CQ. Just saying

Great ? Moses played his usual terrible game. If you want great look at the manly halves. We are struggling with our kicking game and getting field position. We are paying the price while Moses learns to play NRL

Hello, I have bitten my tongue for long enough.

Firstly you are entitled to your opinion.

However don't compare 2 youngsters who haven't even played 50 NRL games combined with 2 Internationals from Manly - that is just being silly.
Then again maybe you can - Manly are last on the ladder having won 1 from 5.
Does that mean Moses and Brooks are better halves than Foran and Evans - no.

We are paying the price (not too heavy a price mind you) for Moses learning to play NRL, and we are paying the price for Brooks, Teddy, Siro, Lovett etc. learning to play NRL as well. We knew this before the season started.

Where are they going to learn to play NRL - in the NSW Cup - don't think so.

If you want quick results, I'd suggest following the Rorters or a team that just thieves established young players and then you won't have to go through the waiting process.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:13 pm

yeh - it takes time to gel

we will

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:14 pm

TrueTiger wrote:Ok fellow forumers,I may have been a bit harsh on my judgement of Brooks and Moses tonight,however having said that,in earlier threads everyone said that they played together and offer us a halves combination like never before,I have yet to see this at NRL level...

I know they are stepping up,however they should both be at the stage where they have great players around them and they should play what's in front of them..kicking down the throat of the opposition and not finding grass is a sign of no confidence..just kick and hope...they have to guide the team the team doesn't guide them...when they get this right then I will be first to fully support them in what they achieve..mistakes or not...I know they are still learning and I will be the first to say I was harsh and they are probably doing what their told,however they must stand up and start being counted,these two are a major part of the spine,no good Farah and Teddy going hammer and tong if the other two hang back.....

This is just my opinion and don't want to argue or belittle anyone for their opinion....I say it as I see it ....we as a team can't win on reputation alone,we have to put in the hard work to get results,our forwards have been great this year and now our backs have to start being great,otherwise we will be known as the team with the most talent and don't achieve anything.....
It is your opinion TT and you are entitled to it.

I would like to point out though - when you said " I will be first to fully support them in what they achieve.."

They will not need your support then - they need your support NOW!

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:21 pm

Russell,I will support the WTs now and always,I just can't help but watch the hard work the forwards are doing and not getting an end result from poor last play options by our highly reputed and paid playmakers...

We were told these two are going to be a sensation,they have played heaps together and know each other's game through and through,to me their like lost sheep when the last play options have to be decided..hard work for little result...as you said Russ it's my opinion and I will stick to it...cheers mate...

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:25 pm

no ball

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:48 pm

TrueTiger wrote:Russell,I will support the WTs now and always,I just can't help but watch the hard work the forwards are doing and not getting an end result from poor last play options by our highly reputed and paid playmakers...

We were told these two are going to be a sensation,they have played heaps together and know each other's game through and through,to me their like lost sheep when the last play options have to be decided..hard work for little result...as you said Russ it's my opinion and I will stick to it...cheers mate...
Absolutely your opinion.

What I am saying is that they need all the supporters behind them now to give them the confidence to progress. At this stage of their NRL career, Moses is the better defender, Brooks is better in attack.

I still think Moses has not been let off the leash by JT yet. He can only do what he is allowed to do. Also in a game like tonight - you don't expect the halves to shine - they are not Jonathan Thurston - Yet.

As for being highly paid - I think that is a bit of a myth. A good salary yes but highly paid ????

Have patience Mate, I am sure we will reap all the rewards that were promised.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:54 pm

by the father

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:54 pm

Judge them at the end of the season

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:56 pm

Russell wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:Russell,I will support the WTs now and always,I just can't help but watch the hard work the forwards are doing and not getting an end result from poor last play options by our highly reputed and paid playmakers...

Absolutely your opinion.

What I am saying is that they need all the supporters behind them now to give them the confidence to progress. At this stage of their NRL career, Moses is the better defender, Brooks is better in attack.

I still think Moses has not been let off the leash by JT yet. He can only do what he is allowed to do. Also in a game like tonight - you don't expect the halves to shine - they are not Jonathan Thurston - Yet.

As for being highly paid - I think that is a bit of a myth. A good salary yes but highly paid ????

Have patience Mate, I am sure we will reap all the rewards that were promised.
Wests Tigers first grade is not a nursery. We are pushing these two halves way too early. Everybody needs to mature but they can't because too much is expected of them way too early in their careers.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:57 pm

Russell, I will always respect your input and I know that at times I will not be right,as you say we are entitled to our opinion without being belittled or degraded for our thoughts..

You are probably absolutely right about them getting rewards later on...I suppose I get a bit concerned about them after we were told how good they are...the last play options are what I think is of utmost importance after the forwards have done the hard work,and it leads to nothing....thanks Russ...

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:58 pm

marzie wrote:Judge them at the end of the season

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
If we wait until the end of the season the team will have been in limbo throughout the season.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:59 pm

absolutely

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:03 pm

No ball due to one sided referring was why we lost.

But re our young halves as I've said before on here they are a short term gamble.

Since they are juniors with potential hopefully we stick with them long term and hopefully it pays off. But for now they aren't doing enough.. They are not Tedesco or Simona or benji who has and can win us a game right now but hopefully it will come.
But in the meantime they should become at least more involved as support players using their speed as Moses done for the first try tonight and Brooks should take on the line more and use chips and grubbers that he seems to be good at while they develop other aspects of their game.

But right now hard to believe Austin wouldn't be a better 5/8.