Immaturity costs us big time...

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Re: Immaturity costs us big time...

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:03 pm

austin powers - maybe
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:20 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:No ball due to one sided referring was why we lost.

But re our young halves as I've said before on here they are a short term gamble.

Since they are juniors with potential hopefully we stick with them long term and hopefully it pays off. But for now they aren't doing enough.. They are not Tedesco or Simona or benji who has and can win us a game right now but hopefully it will come.
But in the meantime they should become at least more involved as support players using their speed as Moses done for the first try tonight and Brooks should take on the line more and use chips and grubbers that he seems to be good at while they develop other aspects of their game.

But right now hard to believe Austin wouldn't be a better 5/8.
In 5 years you won't even remember his name.
He wanted to play for Canberra - and he is.

You are right - stick with what we have - I'm sure it'll pay off.

User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Unread post by Peaches » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:45 pm

We have an immature team for the most part. Take out one prop, one winger, an injury ravaged centre, our captain at hooker and a bench utility; we are filled with players finding their feet in first grade & Woods. When these guys get as much first grade footy as Woods (70+ games), they will kill it. Patience & faith is required from our part. I'm really liking the way the boys are emerging and developing. Some very promising signs should things continue.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Fordy20
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun 27 Jul, 2014 12:24 am

Unread post by Fordy20 » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:54 pm

Russell wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:No ball due to one sided referring was why we lost.

But re our young halves as I've said before on here they are a short term gamble.

Since they are juniors with potential hopefully we stick with them long term and hopefully it pays off. But for now they aren't doing enough.. They are not Tedesco or Simona or benji who has and can win us a game right now but hopefully it will come.
But in the meantime they should become at least more involved as support players using their speed as Moses done for the first try tonight and Brooks should take on the line more and use chips and grubbers that he seems to be good at while they develop other aspects of their game.

But right now hard to believe Austin wouldn't be a better 5/8.
In 5 years you won't even remember his name.
He wanted to play for Canberra - and he is.

You are right - stick with what we have - I'm sure it'll pay off.
Austin wanted to play for Canberra because the club didn't want him long term and to perfectly honest, they didn't want him short term either. The club did the right thing letting him go, but they didn't give him a decent shot in the first place. The club always wanted Moses to be the #6 and they should definitely stick to the plan.

Fumbles
Member
Member
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon 16 Jan, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Brisbane

Unread post by Fumbles » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 12:49 am

Peaches wrote:We have an immature team for the most part. Take out one prop, one winger, an injury ravaged centre, our captain at hooker and a bench utility; we are filled with players finding their feet in first grade & Woods. When these guys get as much first grade footy as Woods (70+ games), they will kill it. Patience & faith is required from our part. I'm really liking the way the boys are emerging and developing. Some very promising signs should things continue.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
There is no guarantee Moses will be killing anything after 70 games except our chance to win a premiership. Has shown nothing in 16 NRL games and I think we have been conned by whoever decided to keep him instead of Austin.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0


tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:49 am

Couldn't be happier seeing the 2012 SG Ball player of the year and 2014 rookie of the year applying their trade tonight. They have done very well so far. We are so fortunate to have these two boys at our club and I never take it for granted how lucky we really are to have Brooks and Moses.

These impatient threads will pop up every week. Best just to ignore them. If it was up to these impatient 'fans' Teddy and a few others wouldn't even be playing for the tigers now.

tig4ever
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed 28 Aug, 2013 6:23 pm

Unread post by tig4ever » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:21 am

Fumbles wrote:
Peaches wrote:We have an immature team for the most part. Take out one prop, one winger, an injury ravaged centre, our captain at hooker and a bench utility; we are filled with players finding their feet in first grade & Woods. When these guys get as much first grade footy as Woods (70+ games), they will kill it. Patience & faith is required from our part. I'm really liking the way the boys are emerging and developing. Some very promising signs should things continue.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
There is no guarantee Moses will be killing anything after 70 games except our chance to win a premiership. Has shown nothing in 16 NRL games and I think we have been conned by whoever decided to keep him instead of Austin.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Fumbles, simple answer to you & all other whingers & [automatically edited], do all Tigers fans a favour & support the Raiders you losers.

tig4ever
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed 28 Aug, 2013 6:23 pm

Unread post by tig4ever » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:24 am

TrueTiger wrote:If you guys and girls on the forum think Brooks and Moses will win us anything within the next five years think again...

Both are highly reputed playmakers on big money and yet failed to get us a win tonight when it was a winnable game for us.....

Kicks down the throat of the opposition,missed takles poor reads for last play options and the list goes on...

Brooks and Moses....inexperienced,imature,and most of all scared..welcome to the big league,it's good to be fantastic in your own age group but now they get run over,bashed and bruised,with little to offer in return..

The time and money spent on these two could be spent elsewhere if you want to win something soon,otherwise be happy to lose week in week out until they get enough experience, unless of course they get hurt and aren't seen for months.....

Games aren't won on reputation alone....if Tapau,Halitau,Woods,Simona and co weren't there tonight we would have 50 put on us....little glimpses of brilliance aren't enough to play week in week out in the NRL .....say what you like about me but this is my opinion and I will stick to it until I see an enormous improvement in these two.... :roll:
True Tiger, one word for you…..Wanker!!!

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3370
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 3:10 am

Yeah, hard to argue.

Joke of a thread!

User avatar
Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 10362
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 5:22 am

Immaturity from the refs right?

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4977
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 7:07 am

Tig4ever,you have shown your maturity as well,the forum is a place to give our opinion and thoughts while respecting the boundaries of respect to others.....

I'm quite entitled to give my opinion on our halves and the team in general,I pay my membership and have a right to input to the players,admin and club....

These are my thoughts and have respected others thoughts and criticism ......to words for you...grow up....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 7:16 am

Thankfully,"immaturity" eventually becomes "maturity". Lack of ability is permanent.

There's no lack of ability in Brooks, Moses and the team in general.

Tonight was nothing more than an honorable loss to a big, strong side playing at home. Another strong effort from our boys I thought. We can't win every week.

Als Pals
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 23 May, 2011 3:38 pm

Unread post by Als Pals » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:08 am

The young halves are so far away from being Superstars.
Whenever we get into a close situation, they get nervous and can't compete. With 4 minutes to go and we have the roll-on, Curtis drops the ball cold.
For the past 10 years we have heards that the Tigers will be a great team in 2 to 3 years time. Players get hurt, sometimes don't develop how they should and it ends up with the Tigers not making the 8 let alone having any chance to challenge for the title.

User avatar
cunno
Member
Member
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:42 pm

Unread post by cunno » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:25 am

willow wrote:Lack of possession killed us. Put Moses and Brooks behind 60% possession and this thread never sees the light of day. It's very simple, win the ruck and your halves will generally look good. Lose it and they get exposed.
Exactly, for some sort of comparison have a look at how the manly halves are going at the moment since their pack is way under the strength it used to be.

User avatar
marzie
Member
Member
Posts: 1450
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2014 8:43 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:31 am

Newtown wrote:
marzie wrote:Judge them at the end of the season

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
If we wait until the end of the season the team will have been in limbo throughout the season.
Well how do you expect them to develop if you dont give them enough time? Everybody thought our team would be bottom 4 this year. We have no depth and we are going pretty well so far. We have young kids in who need to get the experience together and playing nrl is the only way to get it.

Just sit back, relax and let it happen.

tig4ever
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed 28 Aug, 2013 6:23 pm

Unread post by tig4ever » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:50 am

TrueTiger wrote:Tig4ever,you have shown your maturity as well,the forum is a place to give our opinion and thoughts while respecting the boundaries of respect to others.....

I'm quite entitled to give my opinion on our halves and the team in general,I pay my membership and have a right to input to the players,admin and club....

These are my thoughts and have respected others thoughts and criticism ......to words for you...grow up....
Yes of course oh noble one, you are entitled to your opinion. The only problem is, you have no idea mate!! If you are a true supporter & have attended all the games, NYC included, you would realise what these youngsters are capable of doing. They are still only kids so give them a flaming break & support them instead of bagging them you goose. Oh sorry, how immature of me.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:53 am

Are we going to have to endure these threads every time we lose?

Ricky Stuart has used 42 different halves combinations in his coaching career....look where that has got him.

We need to stick and support these two.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5091
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:59 am

Moses & Brooks have both shown they can handle first grade, no player instantly becomes an immortal. Ben Hunt for example. Ben didn't begin to shine until last year, after how many seasons in first grade.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Post Reply

Return to “Round 6: Wests Tigers vs Warriors”