Simona

Geo.

Re: Simona

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:10 am

Tiger Watto wrote:You blokes are on drugs... If he is gona let in 3 Tries, he needs to score 4 to be classed as good!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Hmmm.haven't seen the game as OS ...if this is true and his name was Lawrence there would be a 50 page thread having him drawn n quarted and flung to the far ends of the Earth...

You sure you watched the game :?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:21 am

tig_prmz wrote:Good stuff, UDs criticism worked!

He played fantastic last night.

Great try, and made at least one try saver on the line, however cancelled that our with being beaten by Johnson, although that's no major issue, not many centres would have gotten a hand on Johnson right there.

I just wish he'd play all his games with that much spring in his step.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:21 am

Simona needs early ball. The way out attack is ATM he only gets ball right at the line and has to give it to Richards. We saw last night what he can do when he gets one on one with a bit of space. The guy is a weapon currently being wasted.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 2:44 pm

Did some very good things, but i reckon he will be getting a few crosses from the coach.

Did a few little things wrong which resulted in tries against. Being harsh, but the double pump on the line instead of going straight to Richards was costly.

Overall it was probably a decent performance, a great game for fan, not so much for the coach....

barra

Post by barra » Tue 14 Apr, 2015 6:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Was a great fend, even if it was a lazy effort by Konrad.
The fend was the finishing touch GNR!

Simona put a sweet little quick-step on Konrad, who in turn had to shift his balance, then Simona hit him with acceleration and fend before Hurrell was able to set himself.

Tim has a nice fend but you won't sit Hurrell on his butt without fooling him first.

I loved the move, it was very classy.

And Goose if you read this (don't know if I can quote two people with one post?) when he double-pumped before passing to Richards he may have also been able to get there himself with the same acceleration as above. He took the wrong option out of three there...

cattivo

Post by cattivo » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 2:29 am

Hope this is all crap...

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premi ... 7319381344

LOTE Tuqiri has weighed in on speculation linking Tim Simona with a move away from the Wests Tigers, suggesting a rift inside the club could be to blame.

Speaking on Fox Sports News on Friday afternoon, Tuqiri, a former Tigers teammate of Simona, said he was surprised a young talent like the 23-year-old centre would be shopped around by his club.

“If that’s true, it must be things going on off the field inside the club,” Tuqiri said.

“Maybe he’s not getting on with the coach. I don’t want to start rumours because I don’t know anything but that’s generally the case if clubs are shopping you around.

“I don’t think he’s on a crazy amount of money either.”

The rumour mill has gone into overdrive in recent weeks linking Simona with a possible move to the Sharks or the Raiders.

While Tuqiri was not surprised the Raiders might be going after the young gun, he said his former club should be doing everything they can to keep him.

“He’s actually been one of their better players this year,” Tuqiri said.

“He’s really an explosive athlete, he was probably one of their best players last year and you can give him the ball in any situation and he creates things out of nothing.”

Canberra have become big players in the transfer market in recent months, securing promising young five-eighth Aidan Sezer for next season, and setting their sights on James Tamou.

The Raiders missed out on another Tigers rising star when James Tedesco reneged on a deal with the Green Machine last season but Simona shapes as a handy fallback option.

“They’ve got plenty,” Tuqiri said of the Raiders.

“They missed out on James Tedesco last year and it seems like they’re throwing a lot of money out everywhere.

“For Tim Simona it’s a tough one. He loves playing at the Tigers, he loves the boys there but it will be interesting to see how it pans out over the next week.”

Simona comes off contract with the Tigers at the end of this season.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:52 am

Are we "shopping him around"? First I've heard of this.
Nope not. All I've heard is Simona saying he loves the club and would be happy with an offer.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 11:56 am

willow wrote:His footwork and fend were fantastic. Starting to look a bit like Steve Matai though. Looked to be limping at one stage, then clutching at his arm. Looks like he is playing with several niggling injuries at the moment.
He was playing like that most of 2014... Dunno why

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 12:08 pm

The Myth what can you say if he was in the clubs plans he would already be signed soon to be just a memory one thinks, better crop coming through for a lot less money and talent.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 12:13 pm

Just watched the team song again...100% was not forced to be there, had a massive smile on his face and was clapping faster than anyone haha, i think it might be an injury problem

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 12:15 pm

Also good to see Sironen leading the song haha, deffs future captain.

Bones

Post by Bones » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 12:54 pm

cattivo wrote:Hope this is all crap...

LOTE Tuqiri has weighed in on speculation linking Tim Simona with a move away from the Wests Tigers, suggesting a rift inside the club could be to blame.

Speaking on Fox Sports News on Friday afternoon, Tuqiri, a former Tigers teammate of Simona, said he was surprised a young talent like the 23-year-old centre would be shopped around by his club.

“If that’s true, it must be things going on off the field inside the club,” Tuqiri said.

“Maybe he’s not getting on with the coach. I don’t want to start rumours because I don’t know anything but that’s generally the case if clubs are shopping you around.

The rumour mill has gone into overdrive in recent weeks linking Simona with a possible move to the Sharks or the Raiders.

While Tuqiri was not surprised the Raiders might be going after the young gun, he said his former club should be doing everything they can to keep him.

“He’s really an explosive athlete, he was probably one of their best players last year and you can give him the ball in any situation and he creates things out of nothing.”

Canberra have become big players in the transfer market in recent months, securing promising young five-eighth Aidan Sezer for next season, and setting their sights on James Tamou.

The Raiders missed out on another Tigers rising star when James Tedesco reneged on a deal with the Green Machine last season but Simona shapes as a handy fallback option.

“They missed out on James Tedesco last year and it seems like they’re throwing a lot of money out everywhere.

“For Tim Simona it’s a tough one. He loves playing at the Tigers, he loves the boys there but it will be interesting to see how it pans out over the next week.”

Why would the club be "shopping him around"? He is off contract, they dont need to shop him around if they don't want him they just let him leave. I guess it doesnt make such a good headline that way does it?

I suspect it is just his manager looking for interest to get a better deal rather that the club trying to get rid of him.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 1:18 pm

Milky wrote:Also good to see Sironen leading the song haha, deffs future captain.
You can tell Sirro and Woods Lo e the joint... Will be WT for life

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 1:19 pm

alexaki wrote:
Milky wrote:Also good to see Sironen leading the song haha, deffs future captain.
You can tell Sirro and Woods Lo e the joint... Will be WT for life

Yep, you would expect to see Farah/Dene/Richards leading the song but no its Sironen, great to have him at our club, so passionate. He will be a superstar.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 1:53 pm

If I was Lote I would be embarrassed by that story. Absolute rubbish journalism.

cattivo

Post by cattivo » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 9:00 pm

Another Lurker rumour and I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Simona leaving. I know the lurker is full of it but it's not just him saying it. I think it's time Grant puts the rumours to bed.

The NRL Lurker gives you all the latest gossip and rumours including the Sharks circling rising star

The Sharks are close to signing Tigers strike centre Tim Simona for next season.
Sharks coach Shane Flanagan is desperate for more clout out wide and the hard-running Simona shapes as a great fit for the club.
The 23-year-old Kiwi is one of the best young centres in the NRL and has a great future ahead of him.
The Tigers would love to keep Simona but after upgrading the likes of young guns Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses, have little money left in the cap.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 9:19 pm

Well you said it. Another Lurker rumour... He's off to Parra according to another thread. If he moves on I'll worry about it then.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 27 Apr, 2015 9:47 pm

Telltails wrote:

If I was Lote I would be embarrassed by that story. Absolute rubbish journalism.[/quote

I can't believe Lote publicly hinted at a rift in our club - he can get stuffed!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen