Death Riders and Negative Posters

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Re: Disgraceful tigers

Post by turnstyle » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 9:17 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
If Moses has to learn how to be a 5/8th then let him learn it in reserves . Then bring him up when he is showing a superiority to other players in that grade.
from day one moses has had the number 6 for 2015 simply handed to him.

im not knocking him here at all. im just saying i question the approach being used to bring him along when i think the section i quoted above is exactly right. he may have done so in NYC, but there he was playing against only other young players under 20...very different to the NRL.

this is the big question: is it better to have a guy get NRL experience under his belt and make his mistakes there while learning? or is it better he becomes a standout at NSW Cup and earns his spot?

how can you tell which is the better path for him as a player? what do others think?

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:11 pm

turnstyle wrote:ive had to wait a few hours before coming on here to post. i said it after the bulldogs game, and it is no less my opinion now, that no team should ever lose after being more than 3 converted tries in front.
never.

i dont usually get overly emotional after a tigers loss (heaven knows we're used to it!) but today really really really annoyed me.

first half i thought brooks and tedesco were fantastic, and im not going to single them out for a quiet or poor second half. i even thought moses was going okay - for what he was doing anyway. i have no issues with lawrence or naqaima at all either and think it was a team capitulation rather than individuals letting them down.

i think a big factor was the "Robbie on the bench for 10 minutes after half time" tactic: it seems as though Taylor is treating every game for 10 minutes after half time as a preseason one, and it is not what the team needs. sure, bring the young halves along with progressively more responsibility but dont hang them out to dry like this! surely this is counter productive?!!
Don't forget that when Robbie was on the bench so was Galloway, Woods and Marty. We had much more go forward when they came on.

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:23 pm

Tigersmurf wrote: Don't forget that when Robbie was on the bench so was Galloway, Woods and Marty. We had much more go forward when they came on.
i didnt know that, but the big guys need the break. maybe it was poor usage of the interchange by taylor to have all four of them on the bench at the same time? sounds like it to me!

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:25 pm

Well KG was forced off, injured (spent time off being assessed)
And Robbie sat out after HF as he had been limping before the break too
I dont suspect it was too much of a poor rotation, more a case of making changes on the feet thing

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:30 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:Well KG was forced off, injured (spent time off being assessed)
And Robbie sat out after HF as he had been limping before the break too
I dont suspect it was too much of a poor rotation, more a case of making changes on the feet thing
okay, thanks ltwt. :)

farah has been having the 10 after half time off and i thought this was the only factor in it today.