Lawrence.

the third

Re: Lawrence.

Post by the third » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:18 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tigerspirit wrote:
Lukic wrote:Naiqama to the centres where he has experience. Nofoaluma on the wing.

Let Lawrence go. Don't see where he fits. Don't think he's better than Lovett nor should we replace a guy with promise like him nor is he mroe valuable than Halatau who gives us utility value.
Halatau would be a great centre, remember him playing there in 05'

Halatau and Simona centres

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Halatau is faster than Lawrence and has a good pair of hands.
2005 was 10 years ago. move on.

Lawrence will make a great player in England, if we get a new centre that is his future. (which I am sorry to say). he will not make second row in this team.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:19 pm

Lawrence is the king of Nuffies .

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:23 pm

Halatau at centre...OK

Lose a game = Drop Lawrence far many worse than him today
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:28 pm

Geo. wrote:Halatau at centre...OK

Lose a game = Drop Lawrence far many worse than him today
Lawrence offers nothing Geo , he runs it like a Forward anyway , no speed , has butter hands , can't catch bombs .
Even Lovett was doing the same job as him in his Debut game vs the Titans in Round 1 playing in the centres .
All our tries came from Simona's side , Naiqama is being wasted outside him IMO .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:35 pm

He's certainly not a strike centre anymore and is merely a stop gap solution I feel.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:44 pm

southerntiger wrote:Lawrence did little wrong. We have bigger problems to worry about.
What are they, southerntiger?

To me, it's the lack of impact and speed of Farah these days, the bench lacking a genuine terrior of a forward (Taupau used to play that role, but Sue and Ava and Jack don;t provide it), the lack of impact of Lawrence is significant, and the halves are rocks or diamonds.....mostly rocks. When we get 22 points or so in front, surely a structured, powerful, committed effort is all that's required. We didn;t have much of that today, and I don;t know how it's going to get better in the short term.

Interested to hear your thoughts on our "problems".

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:13 pm

^^^

Farah needs to improve, Brooks needs to get his defence in order. Sirro needs to start performing. We need a bench with some impact but leave the starting pack as is. Moses needs to get more involved and run the ball.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:39 pm

I have been saying it for 3 years. He should retire.

He is like having a prop out int he centres.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:41 pm

No other club would take him.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:57 pm

The only way to get Lawrence and his Agent into action mode and for him to ask for a release from his final year of his Contract is to drop him to Reserve Grade and tell him that his services are not required unfortunately .
I know his on big dollars this year and next year but after 2016 he will have no value as a player for sitting in reserve grade collecting his big money , force his hand IMO as cruel as it sounds that is the only way you might get him to go . Otherwise he will continue to be a Pedestrian in the Centres.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 9:44 pm

I'm a fan of Lawrence but also concede that he has no impact at centre, he would probably make a quality centre in England and hopefully all the stakeholders at WT think the same including Chris himself.

I see a lot of comments after games about Chris having had a solid game and not doing anything wrong but for those comments I can only ask what has he done right and do you expect more from a strike centre in attack?
To be a real contender in the premiership race we need a centre that creates opportunities for his outside man and also scores try's himself, Chris has now gone 15 or so games without scoring a try, not good enough if we're serious about mixing it with the big boys!

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 9:50 pm

Lawrence is no longer an effective centre!...time for a move to the backrow or NSW Cup...When Nofo returns he should slot in Lawrence's place

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 9:56 pm

Just have to bide our time till the end of 2016, cos until then, i have a strong feeling he'll be made of teflon

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:05 pm

Most here agree that Lawrence is way past his best and is merely making up numbers in the first grade side, so why is he such a protected species with the coaching staff? Like Potter before him, Taylor can't seem to bring himself to drop Lawrence and try and inject some new blood in the three quarter line, either. It's getting beyond the joke really. If you want to win matches, you have to make tough calls - if a player or players are routinely out of form or not contributing anything on the field then they must be axed! I don't care who the hell they are or how much the club is paying them - keeping serial non-performers in the top grade does nothing but harm to the team's chances of making the eight. Surely enough is enough!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:08 pm

Poor again. Unathletic. Their try off kick he looked useless in the air. Late in game with minutes remaining takes a hit up and gets tackled on last near half way. Absolute no creativity.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:11 pm

beachtiger wrote:I'm a fan of Lawrence but also concede that he has no impact at centre, he would probably make a quality centre in England and hopefully all the stakeholders at WT think the same including Chris himself.

I see a lot of comments after games about Chris having had a solid game and not doing anything wrong but for those comments I can only ask what has he done right and do you expect more from a strike centre in attack?
To be a real contender in the premiership race we need a centre that creates opportunities for his outside man and also scores try's himself, Chris has now gone 15 or so games without scoring a try, not good enough if we're serious about mixing it with the big boys!
:bawling i have to agree!

ive been pretty happy with him being a more 'solid' type centre this year, but it is very hard to argue with everything you have said.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:15 pm

Its a real shame coz this kid was destined for great things before getting injured

He may not remain the quickest on the field or the best defender but he has a lot more courage than some.
Moving him to 2nd row is not the answer either, will be like Sirro, just bump and grind style but hardly any punch.

He has missed games for us and his replacements havent faired much better
There are other players i'd tap on the shoulder or put on notice before Rowdy.

I want to leave emotions out of this one but i hope and pray he ends up having a "marvelous" season in 2015

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 11:25 pm

Hes been crap for years, but finally it seems even his most ardent supporters are seeing through this joke. I thought both today and the last few weeks actually, were some of his better games. At least he's not dropping the ball constantly and running out of play. As for Halatau as his replacement, that's a joke right? I seem to recall that happening last year with Akoula on the wing and it was a disaster. He's not fast, not even kind of fast.