surely the halves experiment is over?

benji#6

surely the halves experiment is over?

Unread post by benji#6 » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:07 pm

Pretty sure both nsw cup halves from yesterdays game are on 2nd tier contracts anyway. So it would have to be moltzen who would have to come in

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:27 pm

Those of you calling for moltzen are kidding themselves. It's not going to happen.

those of you bagging drinkwater remember his essentially playing without front rowers at the moment. He would do better behind a decent forwArd pack.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:33 pm

littletiger wrote:Those of you calling for moltzen are kidding themselves. It's not going to happen.

those of you bagging drinkwater remember his essentially playing without front rowers at the moment. He would do better behind a decent forwArd pack.
our pack was fine yesterday in NSW Cup, drinkwater was quite average.

he would offer nothing above our current halves.

anyone who actually thinks moses and brooks are being replaced without injury has rocks in their heads.

theyre both fantastic players too, just give them time. which i guess is hard when the average memory on this forum is our previous game and nothing else.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Mccarry
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Mccarry » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:37 pm

Wow reading through these threads is an experience. We lost the game through the middle today.

It was always a 12 point breeze. I couple of better choices in attack and we would have got home.

The sun will come up in the morning.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:40 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
littletiger wrote:Those of you calling for moltzen are kidding themselves. It's not going to happen.

anyone who actually thinks moses and brooks are being replaced without injury has rocks in their heads.

theyre both fantastic players too, just give them time. which i guess is hard when the average memory on this forum is our previous game and nothing else.

I still think stick with Moses and Brooks. They do need to improve but there are some good signs out there.

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:47 pm

pHyR3 wrote:

Our starting line up forwards were shocking in reserves.

I'm losing patience with Moses. Offers nothing in attack to me.

How many times to we lose from 20 in front before any changes

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:52 pm

Josh was very poor yesterday. Had nothing to do with the forwards. i judge someone on how they play, not the teams performance.

Josh's decision making and passing in the opposition 20 were a shambles.

He is a better play than that but he is not going to make a difference in firsts unless the team as whole show great committment to the cause.

yeti
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by yeti » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:55 pm

littletiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

Our starting line up forwards were shocking in reserves.

I'm losing patience with Moses. Offers nothing in attack to me.

How many times to we lose from 20 in front before any changes
It's extremely disappointing losing after being 20 in front. It would be a hell of a lot more worrying if we were never able to get 20 in front in the first place! It shows we are not that far off. Too far for some on this forum, but not far in reality.

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:59 pm

stevetiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

I still think stick with Moses and Brooks. They do need to improve but there are some good signs out there.
The talk about our great spine is wearing quite thin. Tedesco is the only one who can hold his head up high. Been hearing this same story about Brooks and Moses for a while now yet I don't see it.
What actually are they good at ?

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:03 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:I think we cant have both of them in the team at halves.What about giving drinkwater a go at 5/8th,tedesco to centre and moses back to fb where he played better last yr and brooks needs a huge kick up the arse
Please don't let us start moving players all over the place to try experiments.
Why buy players to give us depth , yet when they are needed we say there not playing well enough.
Drinkwater was getting big reviews in reserves up until the last two games, we're not losing much in trying him in Firsts. So he's never played 5/8 before( or so it's said)
At least he won't be a speed bump.

westy81
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by westy81 » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:04 pm

MacDougall wrote:If Moses offers nothing in attack it might as well be Moltzen out there in the six who is actually a good defender in the line and has experience.
He defiantly has experience but he is no better than Moses, moses is better in defence than moltzen, moltzen has nothing in attack and defence, do you not remember his games before his last 2 injuries and he has only just started playing again as of 2 weeks ago

GO THE TIGERS !!!!

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:07 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:I think we cant have both of them in the team at halves.What about giving drinkwater a go at 5/8th,tedesco to centre and moses back to fb where he played better last yr and brooks needs a huge kick up the arse
Please don't let us start moving players all over the place to try experiments.
Why buy players to give us depth , yet when they are needed we say there not playing well enough.
Drinkwater was getting big reviews in reserves up until the last two games, we're not losing much in trying him in Firsts. So he's never played 5/8 before( or so it's said)
At least he won't be a speed bump.

Droppy

Unread post by Droppy » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:15 pm

Its very simple. moses might have skill,but no defensive ability. no doubt his size is the major factor. He needs to develop in 20's and then introduce him into first grade when he has developed. we cannot continue to carry these young boys togeher. Winning is what first grade is about. It's not about development. That should happen in lower grades & in off season. Drinkwater may not be as talented as moses but he is solid. We don't need all these players with flare to win football matches.Pretty went it sticks but generally no cigar.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:22 pm

Um the try that turned the game was when the Canberra fullback ran through brooks like a turnstile that he is and Canberra scored. Brooks defence is woeful!!!!!! not first grade standard, either is his attack or kicking game or running game, today was his test, flying out of the blocks into that lead I was expecting him to control the game through smart kicking and directing play but it never got close. Even though we were up on the scoreboard we played like a team that was chasing and nervous. This is our halves domain, CONTROLL!!! last tackle options, kick chase, the reason the raiders got a whiff is because our halves don't know how to starve the opposition once we get in front. Im failing to see what brooks in particular brings to our team. He's passive.

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:22 pm

Stuart dropped their young 7 and they have been winning since. Taylor doesnt have the cohunes to drop people.

krayola
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:23 pm

Both will bulk up but could look to take on the line a little more, particularly Moses (kind of the reverse for Blake Austin).

All growing pains. Now, if JT actually does make changes to his halves pairing, then I'd be worried. That'd show desperation, and it's a little too early for that.

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:38 pm

You obviously haven't been watching Drinkwater the last few weeks - Have You????

The rest of your comments are just a joke!

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:42 pm

Problem is all coaches out there know where to direct traffic

The challenge is how JT and Kidwell counter that.

Return to “Round 7: Wests Tigers vs Canberra”