Gutless or Perennial Loosers

WTDiehard

Gutless or Perennial Loosers

Post by WTDiehard » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:41 pm

Its pretty hard to stomach todays result after leading 22-0. A bit like the result against the Bulldogs where we led well and then "stole defeat from the jaws of victory"

We can keep saying, the side is young and inexperienced, they will learn something from this but it comes down to being HUNGRIER THAN THE OTHER TEAM to win at anything in life.

The young halves are definately disappointing......they can play for 20-25 minutes but its an 80 minute game.....not sure what the answer is here but IMO playing both is hurting us. Drinkwater may not have done much in the past couple of weeks in NSWCUP but he has an excellent kicking game both in attack and defence and he should be in the team immediately. Brooks needs to really lift his game, moltzen is not the answer either.

Farah.....gotta say he makes his tackles and so on, but he is a bit like lawrence....where has his spark gone. Farah used to be a livewire, now he looks like a player constantly looking for an offside penalty in the play the ball or trips over the opposition trying to milk a penalty. In all honesty Farah today is not in the top 5-6 hookers in the game.....not being nasty, just stating based on his performance. Farah needs to really lift his game, not just make 50 tackles a game....some creativity would be nice Robbie...there are other mugs to do the tackling.

The Magpies & Tigers have always been strugglers and it seems like the mentality at the club has not changed. Jason Taylor has a real job to shake off this Loosers tag amongst this mob.

But FFS guys ask yourselves "do you think your good enough at NRL level"....if the answer is yes well then start showing it. ATM it looks like we are looking for new ways to lose a game of footy.

Starting to lose enthusiasm for this season already.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:56 pm

Although I wasn't expecting much this year, I've got to admit so far I've been pleasantly surprised, and that's why I'm so dissatisfied with what has happened in a few games this season (even games we have won) we have shown we are so much better than this and yet we're losing these games. Imo our attack in the first half was better than its been all year, but we seem as though we can either attack well or defend well but not both.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:58 pm

I love a catchy Title...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:03 pm

Spot on post WTDiehard !

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:12 pm

I think people have gone way overboard in rating some of our juniors. They're definitely not as good as the class of 05, or the baby Panthers from 03. They're not the kind of kids that are going to conquer all and win a premiership. They just seem like pluggers, not world beaters. They're not the future Kangaroos some are touting them as. At most they'll develop into above average first graders. Just because you're young doesn't necessarily mean you're always going to develop into a star. Some kids just don't have it in them.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:13 pm

Today hurts because of how and where it happened. I like what I have seen from the Tigers, but today should have been the game that capped off all of their efforts over the first 6 Rounds. Plus this was a Sunny Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt in front of a big crowd. It should have had WT victory all over it. Instead its yet another game where we are left to ponder just what this year ahead holds.

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:15 pm

Gutless or perennial losers?

Take your pick.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:15 pm

Iexperienced is the word that I would use.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:29 pm

I watched the game up until 22-6 and had to go out. I have to see the rest of the game to believe what I've read here. At least I know what I'm in for.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:30 pm

PS - didnt see the last 40-50 mins, but if I only had one choice, its perennial losers. Usually when we lose we try hard but just suck. I'll let you know if I change my mind after watching the 2nd half in a few hours.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:42 pm

Inexperience is the main thing I keep seeing. It's hard because the halves are only 20 years old and hardly veterans. When the team is switched on and playing as a unit, they look good. When a missed tackle or dropped ball occur at critical times, they're being found out. I think we will be a better team at the end of the year compared to the one which started it. It's going to be a bump ride though.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:46 pm

NJLM78 wrote:Today hurts because of how and where it happened. I like what I have seen from the Tigers, but today should have been the game that capped off all of their efforts over the first 6 Rounds. Plus this was a Sunny Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt in front of a big crowd. It should have had WT victory all over it. Instead its yet another game where we are left to ponder just what this year ahead holds.
Not to mention losing to a team that we routinely beat year in, year out :cry:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Sully

Post by Sully » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 9:01 pm

willow wrote:Inexperience is the main thing I keep seeing. It's hard because the halves are only 20 years old and hardly veterans. When the team is switched on and playing as a unit, they look good. When a missed tackle or dropped ball occur at critical times, they're being found out. I think we will be a better team at the end of the year compared to the one which started it. It's going to be a bump ride though.

I agree that this is what we need to remember as the first 6 rounds showed a team full of guts but lacking execution. Remember what we all thought not hoped this year was going to be, a year of building. I was really gutted by today as being there was so exciting for 25 minutes but I just hope we do learn from it and cut the young guys some slack. Shame we missed out on Frank Paul as he killed us.

Onwards and upwards :pray: