Leichhardt Scoreboard

Tigerspirit

Leichhardt Scoreboard

Post by Tigerspirit » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 7:22 pm

TJL wrote:If the shoe was on the other foot the old Balmain lot would be up in arms. Once again it proves that both clubs should have done a Souths and told the league where to go instead of being in a dysfunctional 'marriage'.
Why i like being the pitcher and you always tell me you like being the catcher'!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 7:29 pm

Seeing as its been done for the last 15 years and no one has noticed says how irrelevant it is.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 7:30 pm

TJL wrote:If the shoe was on the other foot the old Balmain lot would be up in arms. Once again it proves that both clubs should have done a Souths and told the league where to go instead of being in a dysfunctional 'marriage'.
And pray tell how could either club have survived the post Super League era when both clubs lacked the Playing strength & were run on the smell of an oily rag, while all the Pro Super League sides had very deep pockets?.
It's only the last couple of years that Wests Ashfield has been churning out profits thanks to Asians fixation with gambling, how many years would the Magpies fans have put up with Wests as a stand alone club 'winning' umpteen wooden spoons?.
2003 & 2009 when the Bulldogs and the Storm were stripped of their points would have been the only respite, fans love winners and it's unfortunate that Wests despite once being the Millionaires were a financial mess for much of the 80's & 90's.
I don't quite know how to put it but if you're unhappy with a Joint Venture that has been a success over 15 season and can't get over losing your club then just give the game away, at least you still have something to follow in the Ron Massey Cup and the Sydney Shield, Balmain are left with SFA!.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 7:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:By bringing this up, you are giving it the attention you're claiming it doesn't deserve. Quite the oxymoron.
What's the scoreboard got to do with a stupid welder?
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 8:48 pm

So we should get ourselves kicked out of the league and hope some wooden B grade actor bails us out?

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 9:07 pm

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:I think it's almost time for only one game a year at both Leichart and Campbeltown to remember the history. Unfortunately ground and corporate facilities (which is the $$) not up to standard. How manly people from Leichart way travel to Campbeltown and how many from Campbeltown to Leichart. Dogs missed belmore/parra Cumberland oval/st jubilee etc

If we are going to put crap on it - can we at least spell the name correctly.

It is L E I C H H A R D T

I thought the playing field yesterday was perfect - one of the best surfaces I have seen for quite awhile anywhere. I think that the people that complain about Leichhardt should stay away and leave the space to true supporters.

It's a football game for Gods sake - not a five star saloon with entertainment.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 9:14 pm

Well technically, Balmain would not have been kicked out, they would have been allowed to continue on. But let's not start that argument.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 9:14 pm

Russell wrote:
grrrrrrrrrr wrote:I think it's almost time for only one game a year at both Leichart and Campbeltown to remember the history. Unfortunately ground and corporate facilities (which is the $$) not up to standard. How manly people from Leichart way travel to Campbeltown and how many from Campbeltown to Leichart. Dogs missed belmore/parra Cumberland oval/st jubilee etc

If we are going to put crap on it - can we at least spell the name correctly.

It is L E I C H H A R D T

I thought the playing field yesterday was perfect - one of the best surfaces I have seen for quite awhile anywhere. I think that the people that complain about Leichhardt should stay away and leave the space to true supporters.

It's a football game for Gods sake - not a five star saloon with entertainment.
Rugby League is in the entertainment business. It's not asking too much to want to watch a match in comfort. I respect that people see the ground as a sentimental thing, but idk how anyone can take a swipe at others for saying the grounds facilities are outdated.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 9:21 pm

It could be worse boys and girls

They could put either sides of the JV highest scores against the team where playing as a scoreline

Wouldn't that cause some arguments

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 9:25 pm

It's easy - I am just there to see the game and go home.
You can buy a ticket that gives you a seat at Leichhardt if that is what you need, you don't have to sit on the grass (there are plenty that want to).

If I want comfort I'll stay at home.

I don't want to sit at ANZ - 95 miles away from the play, no atmosphere just so I have a nice seat and can easily get an expensive beer or hotdog.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 9:33 pm

Russell wrote:It's easy - I am just there to see the game and go home.
You can buy a ticket that gives you a seat at Leichhardt if that is what you need, you don't have to sit on the grass (there are plenty that want to).

I don't want to sit at ANZ - 95 miles away from the play, no atmosphere just so I have a nice seat and can easily get an expensive beer or hotdog.
Well that's you isn't it. A lot of people feel differently.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 9:36 pm

Russell wrote:It's easy - I am just there to see the game and go home.

That's fantastic but we're going broke. I can't believe after seeing your club merge once you seem happy that were on the brink of re location or being extinct altogether.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:04 pm

Let's not get into the foundation thing. This is not what this is about.

At one stage we had 6 games at Leichhardt and 6 at Campbelltown.
Now we are down to 4 and 4
Leichhardt maybe down to 2 in 2015.

You guys now want it down to 1. Unbelievable - just for 30 pieces of silver.

Now don't give me all this crap about going broke. Wests Tigers are not going broke.
It is Balmain that is broke, you know the team with no one on the board that most on here don't give a toss about because it is in the past.

I am not happy about anyone being relocated or going into extinction - I think you are being over dramatic.

Wests Tigers will survive - all I want is 4 games at Leichhardt - I couldn't care less where you play the rest.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:08 pm

So if we stop playing at Leichhardt will you not attend anymore games?

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:28 pm

Why would I do that.

All I'm saying is "I'm standing up for 4 games at Leichhardt"

Which is no different than half the people on here wanting them transferred to ANZ.

Is it not allowed to be in the minority and have a different point of view.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:34 pm

Russell wrote:Let's not get into the foundation thing. This is not what this is about.

Now don't give me all this crap about going broke. Wests Tigers are not going broke.
It is Balmain that is broke, you know the team with no one on the board that most on here don't give a toss about because it is in the past.

I am not happy about anyone being relocated or going into extinction - I think you are being over dramatic.

Wests Tigers will survive - all I want is 4 games at Leichhardt - I couldn't care less where you play the rest.
Unfortunately the dreaded dollar will always take precedence

And you can't blame the club for that The board is trying to do the best for the fans Memberships will get cheaper when we move more games from suburban games

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:37 pm

Lie to believe you Happy but Memberships will never get cheaper.

I always thought winning the game was the most important thing.
Giving away home ground advantage is just crazy.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:40 pm

Russell wrote:Let's not get into the foundation thing. This is not what this is about.

I dont think I'm being over dramatic about our survival but at the very least you must admit we're a financially restricted club. Wouldnt you like our club to attract SOO quality players instead of penrith reserve graders and Ryan fricken Morgan??