Luke Brooks - I praise your effort.

Milky

Luke Brooks - I praise your effort.

Post by Milky » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 4:20 pm

Deadset i don't care what anyone has to say on this forum, this kid is a soldier. Professional athlete and has the heart of a warrior. He outclassed every player on the field for the first 20, probably barring Tedesco, that bloke is a gun.

Now to the main reason i started this thread, that hit by Soliola...he got up like nothing happened but you could tell the poor guy was in agony. I guarantee any other player would of stayed down trying to milk a penalty, not only did he get up, he tried pulling off a hit on Dane TIlse.

Brooksy is only twenty years of age, he isn't going to become joey johns overnight, to climb a mountain you must start from the bottom. Who remembers when Tedesco first came into firsts? You were ALL calling for his head, probably bar a few people, he had a poor first season in firsts and then started to shine.

Give Brooksy and Moses a break, they will come good but they must adapt first, they combine for less than 40 games of experience.

Also Ryan Hoffman has tweeted -

In a time where you see props stay down for little love taps, great to see #lukebrooks take his hit and get straight back up. #toughkid

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 4:24 pm

I would go to war for you milky.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 4:26 pm

I wouldn't.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 4:29 pm

shane2801 wrote:I wouldn't.
Yes you would.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 4:32 pm

Welcome to the NRL Luke,these hits are week in week out,you did well to recover from yours,but be warned expect plenty more..... :|
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 4:34 pm

The kid is tough no doubt was close to where he took that off the ball hit and you could hear the thud.. got straight back up and made a great tackle in the same set.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 4:37 pm

Milky wrote:
Yes you would.
Not likely.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 4:41 pm

shane2801 wrote:
Milky wrote:
Yes you would.
Not likely.
Mutual feelings :cry:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:02 pm

Agree with Hoffman, he's a tough kid and it helps he has a stocky body and can take those big hits. When the trainer came over Brooks just shooed him away. Good stuff. :sign:

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:10 pm

Milky wrote:Deadset i don't care what anyone has to say on this forum, this kid is a soldier. Professional athlete and has the heart of a warrior. He outclassed every player on the field for the first 20, probably barring Tedesco, that bloke is a gun.

Now to the main reason i started this thread, that hit by Soliola...he got up like nothing happened but you could tell the poor guy was in agony. I guarantee any other player would of stayed down trying to milk a penalty, not only did he get up, he tried pulling off a hit on Dane TIlse.

Brooksy is only twenty years of age, he isn't going to become joey johns overnight, to climb a mountain you must start from the bottom. Who remembers when Tedesco first came into firsts? You were ALL calling for his head, probably bar a few people, he had a poor first season in firsts and then started to shine.

Give Brooksy and Moses a break, they will come good but they must adapt first, they combine for less than 40 games of experience.

In a time where you see props stay down for little love taps, great to see #lukebrooks take his hit and get straight back up. #toughkid

Good on ya Milky - a thread to keep things balanced.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:15 pm

Milky wrote:Deadset i don't care what anyone has to say on this forum, this kid is a soldier. Professional athlete and has the heart of a warrior. He outclassed every player on the field for the first 20, probably barring Tedesco, that bloke is a gun.

Well said mate. Still a lot of room for improvement for both of our halves but I'm happy to stick with them. They may lack experience but certainly not heart!

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:27 pm

greatodensraven wrote:

Well said mate. Still a lot of room for improvement for both of our halves but I'm happy to stick with them. They may lack experience but certainly not heart!
Exactly, and that's why they'll succeed. It's going to be a painful experience at times but we have put our faith in youth. I'll cop a missed tackle it doesn't annoy me as much as a 28 year old Golden Boot winner who used to pass me the ball, and I was sitting in the 3rd row of the concourse.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:28 pm

I am proud of the way in which Luke got up after taking that heavy knock but what this highlights is that huge forwards do not think twice about putting a heavy hit on a young playmaker no matter how small he is. If fact these forwards are encouraged by their coach. I still believe that Brooks needs some protection around him whatever that may be.

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:41 pm

Great call milky ! Massive hit , his head snapped back like one of those dashboard wobbly heads. Tough as nails. Gives it 100 per cent every week. Unfortunately missing a few tackles but as they say " you gotta spend a little to make a little "

TigersBra

Post by TigersBra » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:45 pm

It's not like he is ruining our attack. He's consistently scoring and setting up tries. Was on fire for the first half.

I trust in Brooksy

"In Mick We Trust"

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:47 pm

Ironically I see a direct comparison with you milky and brooks. Young enthusiastic making the odd error, copping the occasional smashing on here but keep bouncing back full of vigour. Well done mate!

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:54 pm

The pass he gave to Simona for the first try was an absolute cracker.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 6:32 pm

Great thread. That pass was special.

I really like Brooks and I was starting to doubt him. I also think Moses is looking good but not getting many chances.

Brooks though needs some help defensively and some work on his technique. He has let some in. In stating that the kid has a go.