Still no respect

yeti

Still no respect

Post by yeti » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 5:57 pm

Interesting listening to Blake Austin's interview after the match on Sunday. He said something along the lines of .."we knew they wouldn't be up for an arm wrestle, so we just had to get into the grind".
It's clear, despite a better showing from our forwards so far this year, that there is still a lack of respect from the opposition. We still aren't rated as a mentally tough side. Let's hope by the end of the season, opposition players are saying that we are the 'new' Manly.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 6:11 pm

In my opinion we were totally overwhelmed and players went missing because of fear

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 6:11 pm

yeti wrote:Interesting listening to Blake Austin's interview after the match on Sunday. He said something along the lines of .."we knew they wouldn't be up for an arm wrestle, so we just had to get into the grind".
It's clear, despite a better showing from our forwards so far this year, that there is still a lack of respect from the opposition. We still aren't rated as a mentally tough side. Let's hope by the end of the season, opposition players are saying that we are the 'new' Manly.

:lol: manly are coming dead last !
(The new manly)....

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 6:14 pm

I hope the Rabbitohs spank their bottoms next week. I'm tipping them to win and win big.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 6:20 pm

He's right. He played for us so he knows, and guess what? Nothing's changed. We can pretend like it has has and the Tigers are mentally tough but that's not the reality we live in today.

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 6:23 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
yeti wrote:Interesting listening to Blake Austin's interview after the match on Sunday. He said something along the lines of .."we knew they wouldn't be up for an arm wrestle, so we just had to get into the grind".

(The new manly)....

I'm sure you understand that my comment was a reference to Manly's reputation for playing tough football. Certainly this year their performances have been less than average so perhaps my reference was not exactly accurate. However, the point I was making is surely crystal clear.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 6:26 pm

yeti wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:

(The new manly)....

I'm sure you understand that my comment was a reference to Manly's reputation for playing tough football. Certainly this year their performances have been less than average so perhaps my reference was not exactly accurate. However, the point I was making is surely crystal clear.
I understood mate , just couldn't help myself lol

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:47 pm

Did you hear the presser from Ricky Stuart? He said when he saw our body language, letting in 10 before HT, he fired his team up, told them we were scared.

Seems true enough, we are a mentally brittle team.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 11:08 pm

happy tiger wrote:In my opinion we were totally overwhelmed and players went missing because of fear
Overwhelmed by what? It was a football game - the thing they train to do every week and it was against a pretty mediocre team, not the Premiers. What on earth would there be to be overwhelmed about?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Apr, 2015 11:22 pm

Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:In my opinion we were totally overwhelmed and players went missing because of fear
Overwhelmed by what? It was a football game - the thing they train to do every week and it was against a pretty mediocre team, not the Premiers. What on earth would there be to be overwhelmed about?
By the fact we lead 22-0 after 24 minutes

Same thing v Saints , same thing v Dogs

They don't have a clue how to play with a lead

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 9:39 am

When you get run down by a Ricky Stuart team you know things arent going good

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 10:09 am

Tigertigertiger wrote:When you get run down by a Ricky Stuart team you know things arent going good
I have to give Ricky Stuart a wrap actually.

All his players seemed very relaxed before the game watching the under 20s signing autographs whenever asked. Ricky also seemed relaxed before the game.

Ricky was on the sideline the whole game with his team.

Few people have said we were out coached that game.

Credit where credits due.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 10:28 am

jirskyr wrote:Did you hear the presser from Ricky Stuart? He said when he saw our body language, letting in 10 before HT, he fired his team up, told them we were scared.

Seems true enough, we are a mentally brittle team.
It's an interesting point. Playing a top of the table team we seem to come prepared for the grind from the outset and we are capable of doing it well. When we waltz in 22 unopposed points and then suddenly have the tables turn, it takes too long to recognise that and change mindset from cakewalk to arm wrestle.
"Quality Stupidity"

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 10:40 am

Good point our team as a whole currently does not have that mental toughness to get through a whole game. We just got players that a flashy for 20 mins then can't go on with it when it gets tough.

Don't know how we fix that?

New players and new facilities will help

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 11:12 am

Someone needed to stand up & make an impact play, something that would fire up our lads & get them to re-focus.

Sue got pushed in the face & there was no retaliation at all. I'm not saying get in there & punch on but seriously don’t let them walk all over you. Marty was standing next to him at the time & also did nothing.

Very embarrassing defeat. If we don't come out fired up this week then we're in big trouble.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 12:00 pm

We've been playing a very up tempo game with the mid field bombs and sweeping back line plays, I can't help but think that it's almost a catch-us-if-you-can mentality. Problem is our defence isn't good enough to play like that.
If we kicked to corners and simply put the ball out of play, got a chance to set our line and work from there, then I think we would be a much more consistent and grindy (for lack of a better word) team.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 2:02 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
By the fact we lead 22-0 after 24 minutes

Same thing v Saints , same thing v Dogs

They don't have a clue how to play with a lead

Happy ,if that's the case , our senior players are not doing their job. They need to do everything they can to encourage and fire the youngsters up, even when we are in front by a big margin.To keep going. The seniors have to lead by example. To roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. To show execution. To only take the foot off the throttle when the 80 min. siren goes.... How good would that be..

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 21 Apr, 2015 2:08 pm

greatodensraven wrote:Someone needed to stand up & make an impact play, something that would fire up our lads & get them to re-focus.

Sue got pushed in the face & there was no retaliation at all. I'm not saying get in there & punch on but seriously don’t let them walk all over you. Marty was standing next to him at the time & also did nothing.

Very embarrassing defeat. If we don't come out fired up this week then we're in big trouble.
Spot on Raven. I was amazed and disappointed none of our boys came to Sues defence. No push or shove at all. It seemed like they were afraid of Frank. :x