Curtis Sironen says.....

AmericanHistoryX

Curtis Sironen says.....

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 9:53 am

Wests Tigers forward Curtis Sironen says there has been one small mercy provided by the short turnaround from last Sunday's loss to Canberra: it has forced the team to move on from their capitulation and focus on playing Canterbury on Friday night.

After leading Canberra 22-0 at half-time – and at the Wests Tigers' stronghold of Leichhardt Oval – the Tigers were defeated 30-22 and Sironen said he felt empty afterwards.

"But we can't really dwell on it because of the quick turnaround, Sunday to Friday," Sironen said. "That's probably the only positive out of the short turnaround: you put what happened against Canberra in the past and you have to try and get ready to make amends."

However, the 21-year-old noted that even though the Bulldogs were missing some of their strike weapons through suspension or injury he and his peers faced a tough assignment.

"They're still a big pack," Sironen said. "The last time we played them they had quite a few out but they were still able to get us in the end [with a golden point victory].

"We're not really worried about who is in and out ... we're desperate for the win after a couple of losses – and they were disappointing losses at that – and to turn it all around."

Forward Jack Buchanan said he'd learnt a few home truths about performing in the minutes that matter in the matches against the Raiders and Bulldogs.

"It was pretty disappointing, that's something we've obviously got to work on – becoming 80-minute performers," he said. "It's something we've been talking about and [Canterbury] are a big pack so we have to control them up the middle."

Buchanan said the fact Canterbury halves Trent Hodkinson and Josh Reynolds were said to be playing for their places in the NSW Origin team added an edge to the match, but he wondered how the pair would respond to the unwelcome weight of personal pressure.

"Yes and no," he said when asked if their NSW dream made them more dangerous. "They're the halves week in, week out, you play what you see.

"I think there's more pressure on them, really, because they're the ones going for the [NSW] squad and we'll just want to stick to our game plan and focus on us."
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigertye
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigertye » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 10:43 am

Lol at Buchanan saying "they need to become 80 minute performers." As a team yes, but him as an individual only he plays 30-40, so maybe he should start digging in instead of plodding around the field and talking the talk.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 10:44 am

He is only saying what we have known all year,play to the structure and play for 80 mins....I know alot are still learning,but please I hope you learn quick from last week....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 11:22 am

lol Buch can become a 80 minute player in NSW Cup when Keithy is back.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 12:13 pm

With these young players having trouble playing anywhere near a full 80 minute game I hope Farah plays through the full game. Things went awry last week as soon as he started limping around to eventually leave the field during a very important period in the match. He is our captain and with such a young team we need inspiring leadership from him for the full 80 minutes.

everett

Unread post by everett » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 1:50 pm

lets turn all this talk into action and fast.

Anybody can talk up their talent but it is on the field every week you need to deliver.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Fri 24 Apr, 2015 3:04 pm

Newtown wrote:With these young players having trouble playing anywhere near a full 80 minute game I hope Farah plays through the full game. Things went awry last week as soon as he started limping around to eventually leave the field during a very important period in the match. He is our captain and with such a young team we need inspiring leadership from him for the full 80 minutes.

I agree, we can't afford to give Farah a breather any more at least until the young guns learn how to control a game consistently.

We've shown on numerous occasions that we're world-beaters, but only for 20-25 min stints. We need to keep as many of these guys on the field together for as long as possible to keep the ship steady: Farah, Woods, Taupau & Galloway.

I think when Galloway is back Sue should start in the 2nd row ahead of Lovett (esp with Lodge back on the bench) & I'd even be tempted to start with Halatau ahead of Siro for the time being.

Return to “Round 8: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”