Hoeter

foreveratiger

Re: Hoeter

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 2:48 pm

Hoeter was great. I think the writing is on the Wall for Lawrence in the Centres. He is good as an interchange as he can cover any injuries in the forwards and in the backs.
It served us well last night when Richards got that cut on his cheek and in the position the cut was couldn't be bandaged and had to be stitched up, Lawrence came on and covered the position till Richards came back on.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 2:59 pm

From what I have seen,which isn't much, he seems to have the knack of getting himself between defenders and maintaining his momentum through the tackle. Good footwork and deceptively strong. Good hands too. Not a speedster, but not slow.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm with a few of the others who thought he did ok but didn't stand out.
Saying that, it was only his first game with the big boys and he held his own.
Still can't wait for Nofo - then our backline will fire on both sides.
Lawrence will now be a backrower or bench player - and I think that's a good move for him.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 6:01 pm

Sabre wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:And people have been wondering why I had been calling for Hoeter

Who has been wondering why you have been calling for Hoeter? :brick:
Sabre , pHyR3 for starters
When?

I named in my team for this week in the "Your Team v Bulldogs" thread.
When I was questioning Naiqama over his skill under the high ball

Remember now ??

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 7:36 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:And people have been wondering why I had been calling for Hoeter
Who has been?

Sabre , pHyR3 for starters
dont remember this at all??

i think i had some concerns pregame playing hoeter at centre in his 2nd game because as far as i know he's best on the wing. but if JTs happy, im happy. and youre always happy
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

willow

Post by willow » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 7:48 pm

I think Hoeter showed why Lawrence should not be picked as a centre for the remainder of the season unless injuries strike.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Apr, 2015 7:55 pm

willow wrote:I think Hoeter showed why Lawrence should not be picked as a centre for the remainder of the season unless injuries strike.
Agreed, and it is good to see JT willing to move Lawrence, it is up to him to win the spot back now if he prefers centre rather than being an automatic selection.

LaT

Post by LaT » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:51 am

He would be happy with that, well done to him.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:56 am

Excellent from the coach to finally move Lawrence. Hoeter looked good defensively and competent in attack. There was one opportunity were he was away ( for a split second I thought it was teddy) and thought he was going to go length of the field but he got mowed down pretty quickly. Haven't seen a lot if him in reserves. Hopefully he's got a bit more speed.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 1:24 pm

I thought he did ok, good energy. He's fast enough off the mark to adjust in defence, though if I'm not wrong he marked Mbye all night (?), who is an average centre.

Is he a better prospect than Nofo? Certainly not, I'd still give Nofo a run at centres when he is back.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 1:35 pm

jirskyr wrote:I thought he did ok, good energy. He's fast enough off the mark to adjust in defence, though if I'm not wrong he marked Mbye all night (?), who is an average centre.

Is he a better prospect than Nofo? Certainly not, I'd still give Nofo a run at centres when he is back.
Mbye is a gun centre! Watch his game before he played us, not sure vs who.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 6:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
When I was questioning Naiqama over his skill under the high ball

Remember now ??
And I still disagree that Hoeter should be in front of Naiqama, that's not to say Hoeter shouldn't be in the team.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 6:30 pm

What I have seen in this young player is a complete footballer ,the constant reference to speed is very annoying might as well just go down to the local athletic park and sign someone that is fast... bugger the need to be a footy player . This guy has a future as he has MANY strings to his bow ..looking forward to watching him progress!T

everett

Post by everett » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 6:36 pm

I was happy with is performance and did everything asked of him. I think he should stay until Noffo comes back into fitness and form.

We have been scoring tries down the other side so it was good to see Hoeter and The Fresh Prince given some quality ball.

We can not carry both Lawrence and Halautu on the bench. Too small.

My bench would be Ava, Lodge, Halautu and Sue. Lawrence 18th man
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 8:04 pm

The common concern about speed is justified. To excel at centre at nrl level you either have to be powerful ( hurrell idris jb leilua) or fast (Roberts Morris Jennings ) those ones that are both are superstars. Sure he could be a handy first grader but for his size he needs speed to be a star.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 8:59 pm

If he can beat his man, set up his winger and defend well then I don't particularly care how big or strong he is. Haven't seen enough of him to know if this applies, but that's all I'd ask for.

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:20 pm

is he the fella that whacked Brooks in the head after he scored?

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:43 pm

Na that was Ava.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Tigersman since 2013!