Richards 54m goal

grrrrrrrrrr

Richards 54m goal

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:09 pm

I was in the crowd watching and wondering why we were bothering subbing patty on with 20 secs to go in the half and sure enough we get a penalty right on half time. I genuinely believe that the kick was not being considered untill a couple of people in crowd near sideline yelled out ( take the 2 ). Farah then as an after though thinks that's not out of reach !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:55 pm

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:I was in the crowd watching and wondering why we were bothering subbing patty on with 20 secs to go in the half and sure enough we get a penalty right on half time. I genuinely believe that the kick was not being considered untill a couple of people in crowd near sideline yelled out ( take the 2 ). Farah then as an after though thinks that's not out of reach !

Seeing it was a concussion substitution they have 15 minutes to either replace him or bring him back

That's just when it fell

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:56 pm

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:I was in the crowd watching and wondering why we were bothering subbing patty on with 20 secs to go in the half and sure enough we get a penalty right on half time. I genuinely believe that the kick was not being considered untill a couple of people in crowd near sideline yelled out ( take the 2). Farah then as an after though thinks that's not out of reach !

In a stadium like ANZ i don't think so. And why would teams listen to what people in the crowd think?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 11:01 pm

Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 11:13 pm

The siren had sounded for half time. Being on our own side off halfway it was not initially considered was my point.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 11:46 pm

Richards walked up to Farah and asked for the ball... Farah said that in the press conference if i remember rightly.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 11:00 am

Imagine getting a golden point penalty inside your own half, and having Richards line it up.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 11:24 am

with the comp being so even and the amount of tight games, i'm glad we have Patty on our side. To opposition has to tread carefully when they know we have a long-range sharp shooter.
in Ivan we distrust

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 11:30 am

I thought this gave the lads a lot of confidence going into half time having just conceded a try to the dogs.

King Richards, worth his weight in gold.

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 11:41 am

To me it looked like Farah was about to take a quick tap. There was still maybe 20 seconds to go in the half. But then the ref told him to wait, or go back a metre or something. He then turned around and gave the ball to Richards.

Just trying to remember the game against Parra last easter. Richards kicked a big penalty goal towards the end of that game too. Anyone know how far out he was that day?
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Pierre M7

Post by Pierre M7 » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 11:45 am

Juro wrote:To me it looked like Farah was about to take a quick tap. There was still maybe 20 seconds to go in the half. But then the ref told him to wait, or go back a metre or something. He then turned around and gave the ball to Richards.

Just trying to remember the game against Parra last easter. Richards kicked a big penalty goal towards the end of that game too. Anyone know how far out he was that day?
Last year it was 50m against Parramatta.
"One flick and they're gone"

Wests Tigers Fan

Post by Wests Tigers Fan » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 12:37 pm

Juro wrote:To me it looked like Farah was about to take a quick tap. There was still maybe 20 seconds to go in the half. But then the ref told him to wait, or go back a metre or something. He then turned around and gave the ball to Richards.

True it did look like he was going to take a quick tap. But then pat called for the ball. Robbie probably wouldn't have even known he was back on at that stage. But when he heard pat's voice the choice would have been simple!

I hadn't thought about the possibility of extra time penalties that someone else mentioned.. A long kick to win a game in extra time would very exciting!

willow

Post by willow » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 12:37 pm

Pierre M7 wrote:

Last year it was 50m against Parramatta.
And he kicked that one dead too.

everett

Post by everett » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 12:42 pm

Ross Conlon ex Magpie and beleive ex Tiger had one of the biggest boots I ever saw. Kick a few over half way at Lidcombe oval.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 12:58 pm

Once upon a time every team had a player capable of kicking that range, the likes of Barnes,longbottom,Killeen and George Tailforth come to mind. I remember Killen kicking one after the bell from the other side of halfway on the side line and it sailed over the posts to win a game at the old Cumberland oval, but it is now rare as mostly teams go for the try and also everyone kicks around the corner and usually do not have the strength of a player like big Patty.

In rugby its common place, but their ball is a little easier to kick and they do get lots of practice at kicking with the rule book twice the size of a bible and every ref wanting to enforce every rule in every game

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 5:49 pm

Dan Carter the All Black No 10 has kicked one from 61 metres at altitude

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 7:06 pm

Saw KB (Golden Boots) kick one 60m at Leichhardt with an RL ball.
A lot more difficult than a Union ball or a ball they have now.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 7:10 pm

It was from the centre of the field on the half way line, after they kicked the ball out on the full from a restart.