During the minute silence

Tony33

Re: During the minute silence

Post by Tony33 » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:21 pm

People do some stupid things when they've had more alcohol then they can handle.

This was one of them.

Others just frankly don't care and lack the respect for others, even if it is just for one solitary minute.

You don't have to care, you don't have to reflect but surely you can observe one minutes silence for the majority of the people around you. It really isn't that hard.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:29 pm

LCA wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Someone should have decked them.
Gosh, that would have worked....NOT!
You're right, all water bottles would have been confiscated at the gates.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:35 pm

There are some people who have the opinion that a minutes silence at a sporting event is their personal right to be heard. Its really something to boast to your mates about. I wasn't at Fridays game but it was certainly evident on tv that plenty of people there couldn't manage just one simple minute of respect for those who gave so much for this country.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:42 pm

Bogans generally struggle with the minutes silence.

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 7:28 pm

Good point Milky I was also at the game and I wasn't surprised when I heard dogs supporters but was disappointed when I heard people calling out Tigers uncalled for and disrespectful.

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 01 May, 2015 5:38 pm

Robbie Farah.
One mug you don't wanna chug.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 01 May, 2015 6:12 pm

I think it is a pretty sad reflection on our society today.
You may be against the concept of war and the possibility of 'glorifying' it or the people who fought, but consider that a minutes silence is for all those who died in war. Soldiers on both sides that really didn't want to be there and even shared a cuppa together during breaks in battle, women and children caught up in the conflict. Lives cut short.
That minute is a tiny moment of respect to give.
"Quality Stupidity"

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 03 May, 2015 11:21 am

You will always get knobs, who think they are being hilarious shouting out during the minutes silence that is used to commemorate events or people - totally disrespectful! I'm sad to hear it was some of our supporters in this instance.

By contrast, you could've heard a pin drop amongst 35,000 people during the minutes silence before the Roosters/Saints match the next day - very classy. I don't think I have ever witnessed such a respectful silence at a Rugby League event.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sun 03 May, 2015 11:55 am

Can we put the Minute Silence topic to rest please. All that needed to be said has been said. It is personally upsetting to me to have it drag on for so long....TA