During the minute silence

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 14 times

During the minute silence

Unread post by Milky » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:15 pm

A few idiot Tigers supporters decided to yell out TIgers...the look on Farah and Moses face described how our players felt.

Picture for those interested....

Was quite disgraceful, sorry to bring up something negative but it was very badly timed, the whole stadium was quiet and we had a few idiots yelling.

shane2801
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by shane2801 » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:19 pm

Unfortunately nothing surprises me anymore with people.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 127 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:19 pm

Milky wrote:A few idiot Tigers supporters decided to yell out TIgers...the look on Farah and Moses face described how our players felt.

Picture for those interested....

Was quite disgraceful, sorry to bring up something negative but it was very badly timed, the whole stadium was quiet and we had a few idiots yelling.
There are always 1 or 2 Milky, in this case a couple more.

Makes you want to bury yourself.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:20 pm

That was easily the worst minute silence I have ever seen, by a significant margin.
It was more so Dogs fans than Tigers from where I was sitting.

But it doesn't matter who they are supporting, obviously it's a disgraceful act either way.

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:21 pm

I was sitting pretty close to them when it happened. There was 4-5 of them and they were smashed off their faces.

There behaviour was quite appauling throughout the whole game. The worst part was one of them had a child on his shoulders as he was making a fool of himself giving it to the bulldog supporters who were just minding their own business.

Pretty bad look for us Tigers supporters when we usually associate that behaviour with supporters of the opposition.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:32 pm

Someone should have decked them.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

grrrrrrrrrr

Unread post by grrrrrrrrrr » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 1:01 am

Yer I was there. It was poor form from both tigers and bulldogs supporters. Shouldn't have yo come to this but I would love for these idiots to be punished. Ie removed from game (embarrassed) before it even starts.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:29 am

Unfortunately for us we are not without our small share of disrespectful fans...its part of life that we are not perfectly clean of the odd idiot(s),every club has them,however to be quite honest Iam very proud of our supporter base,very,very rarely do we have incidents or poor behaviour from our lot...
I hope these guys learn from the error and what's more learn from what the Dogs supporters have done over the years....emotions and booze,brings out the worst in people sometimes,I myself would have been embarrassed by their actions had I have been there....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tills

Unread post by Tills » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 10:52 am

There's no excuse for it. In saying that though, I think it came about as there was no announcement about the minute's silence. They kind of just ran into it after the last post as opposed to asking people to observe a minute's silence as is often the case. Most people should have recognised what was going on anyway, but you can always rely on a few simpletons.

Wests Tigers Fan

Unread post by Wests Tigers Fan » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 12:41 pm

Tills wrote:There's no excuse for it. In saying that though, I think it came about as there was no announcement about the minute's silence. They kind of just ran into it after the last post as opposed to asking people to observe a minute's silence as is often the case. Most people should have recognised what was going on anyway, but you can always rely on a few simpletons.

I wasn't able to get to the game but watched it on tv. I thought the same at the time.. It was bad that it was happening but from what I saw (not being at the game) it appeared to start because people didn't realise that there was to be a minutes silence..

Would be interested to hear from someone who was at the ground to clarify...

fulleightyminutes
Has liked: 9 times

Unread post by fulleightyminutes » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 1:24 pm

Look I remember being disappointed at the time but, in my experience, minute's silence rarely last a minute at these sorts of things. A minute's more like a half a minute and then you get people calling out. It was no different.

Can't do much about those who won't show respect for those who sacrificed so much for us.

Where we sat it was quiet, and people stood. Nice to see some of the kids doing it too.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 5:44 pm

No...I was listening on MMM at the time, it began almost immediately...I head a carn dogs call...followed by a go tigers...and then more and more

No justification for this whatsoever

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 5:47 pm

Geo has admitted he was one of them yelling out

I think it is time for an intervention

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 399 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 5:51 pm

happy tiger wrote:Geo has admitted he was one of them yelling out

I think it is time for an intervention
I would never be that disrespectful....

It started during the break in the Last Post....total ignorance....it was a disgrace
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:10 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Someone should have decked them.
Gosh, that would have worked....NOT!

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:11 pm

it is an unfortunate occurrence, and one that happens too often.
i think it is the utmost disrespect and an act that embarrasses those stupid/ignorant enough to do it as well as everyone else in this society as we are all one in it.

i was watching on fox and heard it as well and am very disappointed to hear it was tigers supporters - whether or not they started it.

whilst id never condone it, i think that it comes from people who are actually just plain dumb and have a very superficial view towards ANZAC day thinking it is just a public holiday because people went to war.
i think a lot of people dont really think about the significance of the sacrifice so many young men and women gave for us all to be able to sit here today with the amazing life we are all so very lucky to have.

these people were exactly the same as you and me, and volunteered to go half way across the world to fight for their country and our allies knowing full well there was a good chance they wouldnt be coming home to their loved ones and lives as they knew it. even those who were fortunate enough to survive were witness to slaughter of human life, many of them their closest mates, in unimaginable circumstances, in unimaginable scale to pretty much all of us.

i just think that if people were to REALLY think about what these people did for us they would be more inclined to show them the respect they so thoroughly deserve.

ps: good on you milky for representing young people so well on this and showing there are good young'uns who know the meaning of respect.
Last edited by turnstyle on Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:12 pm

Disappointing... Regardless on anyones position on war and the reasons behind its instigation, ANZAC Day is the day to reflect on those who have fallen in the many battles bestowed upon men of our nation.

Sadly, I feel this problem stems from the increasing amount of minute silences the sporting codes use week to week to garner a positive reflection in the communities.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:18 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Disappointing... Regardless on anyones position on war and the reasons behind its instigation, ANZAC Day is the day to reflect on those who have fallen in the many battles bestowed upon men of our nation.

Sadly, I feel this problem stems from the increasing amount of minute silences the sporting codes use week to week to garner a positive reflection in the communities.
great post, and i do agree that because of the amount of games of footy, rugby, etc. that have the pre game ceremony during the ANZAC weekend it can unfortunately become diminished in some peoples eyes.

having said this, it is one thing to be sitting at home and to go grab a beer or coffee or whatever, it is another to be at the game and to act like a troglodyte. surely it is not too much to ask people to shut up and show a little respect for just a few minutes a year....

and i am one of the most anti war people i know...as you say TW, whatever your position on it, you can at least shut up.
Last edited by turnstyle on Wed 29 Apr, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Round 8: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”