Our Biggest Test So Far

happy tiger
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Our Biggest Test So Far

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 8:13 pm

2007 game we got screwed when Rowdy got penalized for taking someone out facing the other direction

I hope we win , but the Roosters won't hand this game over on a plate like the Dogs did

We will have to outplay them for the entire 80 both in attack and defence

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 8:40 pm

Pierre M7 wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:we better beat them... sick of losing to them.

pierre, wasnt that the game with ryan at fullback and we lost in the dying seconds?
Nope that game you're thinking about is round 8 2010 at Campbelltown, we were up 8-0 at one stage & lost 12-8 in the last 5 mins
right.. can never remember the difference between 10/11 lol

thanks
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 10:21 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Pierre M7 wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:we better beat them... sick of losing to them.

pierre, wasnt that the game with ryan at fullback and we lost in the dying seconds?
Nope that game you're thinking about is round 8 2010 at Campbelltown, we were up 8-0 at one stage & lost 12-8 in the last 5 mins
right.. can never remember the difference between 10/11 lol

thanks
Beau dropped the bomb that Braith put up and was taken out by Anasta in the following scramble

No wonder we signed Braith , he beat us with some buzzer beaters over the years

weststigers
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by weststigers » Sun 03 May, 2015 7:00 pm

Don't forget, JT has inside knowledge of how these guys play.

We are also playing a different brand of football this year, so provided we hold onto the ball, I'm confident we'll at least have our chances to win the game. Whether we take them is another matter.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 03 May, 2015 8:24 pm

Also a big test for the rep players.

They need to bring that form home now and add another layer of confidence to their game.

Sirro will be the big improver after the City v Country game, i can see it really helping his development come the back end of the season

Fade To Black
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 04 May, 2015 6:59 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't think so, the Roosters are on the decline by the looks of it.
I'm not so sure about that, the games they have lost recently they have still played pretty well-just come up against teams that are in form and had to play great footy to beat them. I would be very surprised if we happen to beat them on Friday night. We are much more inconsistent than the Roosters, we will have to play better than in any game we have played this season so far to beat them. Plus I just have a bad feeling that the refs are gonna give them a bit of a leg-up on Friday.

everett

Unread post by everett » Mon 04 May, 2015 8:32 am

I really like our chances. Hopefully Simona is clear to play and Big Red is back.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:57 pm

We failed!!!. I think a good measure of where we are is next time we play this mob.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 08 May, 2015 11:03 pm

weststigers wrote:Don't forget, JT has inside knowledge of how these guys play.

We are also playing a different brand of football this year, so provided we hold onto the ball, I'm confident we'll at least have our chances to win the game. Whether we take them is another matter.

Yep that went real well :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

LCA
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by LCA » Sat 09 May, 2015 7:27 am

I think we should have skipped the test and brought in a doctor's certificate. Would have been easier to explain that result. As it was, I'm not sure all of them turned up anyway.

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 09 May, 2015 8:55 am

I think our effort was ok last night. To be honest like the Dragons going to Canberra we were always going to get towelled up by the Roosters because some teams just play thier best against one particular side and for the Roosters that is always us.

It then gives you incredible confidence going into that game every year. Also the Roosters had lost 4 in a row despite playing really well in those games so were absolutely up for a big game, Pearce, Maloney, Tupou, Cordner, Guerra were all playing for Origin spots while the only 2 in our team were certainities, JWH had been snubber by the Kiwis again so both as a team and individually they had so much to prove and so much experience which we just didn't have.

You look at thier backs the least experience player was Daniel TUpou an Origin player , they had 2 current NZ test players, 4 Origin players in the backline while we had 1 ex Irish international and 1 fijian and a very very ex Oz player

Thier pack 2 origin backrowers v our 1 NZ backrower

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 09 May, 2015 11:26 am

Now we all know we're the team stands ..as for last night I don,t think the Roosters were any where near there best ,now that is a wake up call .

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”