Tigers to exploit inside knowledge

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Tigers to exploit inside knowledge

Unread post by Newtown » Thu 07 May, 2015 7:23 pm

By Steve Zemek May 7, 2015, 4:50 pm

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson says his former assistant and Wests Tigers mentor Jason Taylor will have the advantage of knowing some of the club's secrets when the two sides meet on Friday night. After finding success at Moore Park as the Roosters' under-20s coach and assistant to Robinson in the premiership-winning side in 2013, Taylor took up the senior NRL role at the Tigers this season.

Friday's clash at Allianz Stadium will be the first time the two have faced off since Taylor's move to the Tigers. The two spent Thursday trading compliments across town: Robinson said he admired the direction in which Taylor had steered the young squad while Taylor said the Roosters remained the competition benchmark. However Robinson said Taylor would have the ultimate advantage on Friday night and would come armed with plenty of inside knowledge on the Roosters' game plan. "He'll know a fair bit of the way that we play," Robinson said. "And we can we see a lot of what we've done in the way they're playing .

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Thu 07 May, 2015 9:34 pm

Good. At least that's one advantage to us. They have a team of internationals.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 07 May, 2015 10:05 pm

Tigerdon wrote:Good. At least that's one advantage to us. They have a team of internationals.

They haven't been playing like one though. We're in with a good shot i think.

Tbone
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tbone » Fri 08 May, 2015 2:58 am

I don't like the way Robinson is nominating that Taylor has the inside running re how they play. Are we going to see something new this match from the Cocks? That would be very cagey.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tbone
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tbone » Fri 08 May, 2015 3:00 am

Also, I'm not sure I've watched many Roosters games where I've sat back and admired their game plan. To me they just have much better players than 12 or 13 other teams and slightly better players than 2 or 3 other teams.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 7:16 am

From what I have seen so far this year,the WTs will win by a small margin or they will get thumped big time....

This game is the telling time for our young guys and the team in general,have they found the right balance,can they hold a lead,and can they close out the game and play for the ful 80 mins..

Tonight's game holds so much as to where the team is at after 8 rounds,I think they know what to expect from the Rorters who don't want to lose 5 in a row and we want to show them that we are heading in the right direction in a tight NRL competition...I still think we can win this game,because our boys are getting better and getting used to the structure JT wants them to play....good luck Wests Tigers...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 08 May, 2015 7:25 am

This is an important test for the Tigers. JT mentioned in a radio interview he still sees the Roosters as the benchmark in terms of a professional teams. They have lost four in a row and will be playing hard for a win. As well as there halves trying to make a statement re Origin.
Coming into season 2015 the top three teams were Souths, Dogs and Roosters. We have done well against the Souths and the Dogs. If we put in a good performance against the Roosters, I'll be a very happy Tiger.

Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 7:33 am

This is a massive test for us, if we stay within 10 points of them? We are doing well.
There halves got so much to play for in terms of impressing there claims for an Origin jersey.
When we get in front with a lead we panic and we don't know how to close out a win, tonight's game will go a long way in making my mind up whether we are a genuine shot at a top 8.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

TopTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by TopTiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:35 am

Inside knowledge will only assist the Tigers in a tightly contested game. However, given the Roosters have now lost 4 in a row I can envisage the Roosters attempting to isolate Brooks and Moses in defence and have their big men running at them as much as possible. The Tigers will need to defend as a unit and limit the Roosters opportunities by ensuring we have a high completion rate. All that said I think the Tigers will have to be at the top of their game tonight to compete with a desperate Roosters team.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:55 pm

Lol, secrets....

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”