Chris
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: We don't want to bloody win

Unread post by Chris » Sat 09 May, 2015 5:59 am

Tigerdave wrote:
fainty wrote:This forum is a joke!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
it's a head shaker at times, when we're winning, it's generally the same few people on, when we're under the pump, we seem to get more posters.........and generally with "end of the world" predictions.
I've been saying we have the most fickle fans for years. When we lose the forum is filled with experts predicting the wooden spoon for us and posting how pathetic this club is. When we win, suddenly those experts disappear and we have the usual minimal amount of guys posting how great we are.

Look, tonight, the Roosters would have beaten any team with that performance. They're coming off four straight unlucky loses and were determined to steam roll anyone who stood in their path. I thought we played well 65 minutes of that game. The last 15 minutes where the flood gates opened has made everyone want to throw themselves off a bridge.

Yes, we could have played better but Im not prepared to say we're pathetic or say we're a bottom four team. If it makes some people feel better about themselves to post that kind of garbage, I would think you'll know your place when we make the semis this year.

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sat 09 May, 2015 6:50 am

Tigerdave wrote:

it's a head shaker at times, when we're winning, it's generally the same few people on, when we're under the pump, we seem to get more posters.........and generally with "end of the world" predictions.

This forum Does attract the pessimists(After a loss) like bees to honey.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 09 May, 2015 6:55 am

We never beat the roosters.
Sucks!

Snake
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 09 May, 2015 7:16 am

When reality knocks on the door it comes as a surprise to some, young players ..plodders ...some old heads make up a team that want to win but just will be unable to compete with the upper types of the comp.Reality is if you want to win every week maybe look at supporting a different team .... These guys want to win but are at the other end of the table unfortunately.

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sat 09 May, 2015 10:08 am

Chris wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:

I've been saying we have the most fickle fans for years. When we lose the forum is filled with experts predicting the wooden spoon for us and posting how pathetic this club is. When we win, suddenly those experts disappear and we have the usual minimal amount of guys posting how great we are.

Look, tonight, the Roosters would have beaten any team with that performance. They're coming off four straight unlucky loses and were determined to steam roll anyone who stood in their path. I thought we played well 65 minutes of that game. The last 15 minutes where the flood gates opened has made everyone want to throw themselves off a bridge.

Yes, we could have played better but Im not prepared to say we're pathetic or say we're a bottom four team. If it makes some people feel better about themselves to post that kind of garbage, I would think you'll know your place when we make the semis this year.
Yeah, there's plenty of unrealistic optimists among us, but mostly, I just think we want to see our team have a red hot go each week and not look like a bunch of amateurs. Bad or low percentage decisions destroy us all the damn time. Will they ever learn? Probably not....sigh.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 09 May, 2015 10:17 am

Chris wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:

Its not the last 15 minutes that were the issue

It was that 8 minutes in the 1st half

If we were still in the game we would of hang in their adrenaline does that , probably still lost though

We had nothing to play for and had run out of puff

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sat 09 May, 2015 11:19 am

Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:

This forum Does attract the pessimists(After a loss) like bees to honey.
It really is frustrating.

Makes viewing this forum after a loss so unbearable but it's just habit to login now so we have to put up with it for a few days until the new week.

I wonder where all the pessimists go when we win ? Why aren't they posting then ? It's as if tney can't wait for us to fall..

And i thought no one could be worse then dragqueen fans...

2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 09 May, 2015 12:45 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Oh sorry, did you want me to give a run down of each player 1 by 1? Saw something, said something.

He doesn't seem hungry for a guy who's playing his 3rd game. I would expect a young guy trying to make his mark to be everywhere- wanting the ball in every set.

Do you agree or not?

No I wouldn't expect a centre to want the ball every set. We do have a game plan.

I don't think he was the worst on the field, if you're going to point the finger at somebody, why him?
Personal issue with him or something?

tiger jim

Unread post by tiger jim » Sat 09 May, 2015 12:56 pm

We had a bad night its a game of footy get over it and look forward to next week life to short to have a heart attack over a game of footy.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 09 May, 2015 3:11 pm

tiger jim wrote:We had a bad night its a game of footy get over it and look forward to next week life to short to have a heart attack over a game of footy.
It's good to dream every week.

tig_prmz
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sat 09 May, 2015 8:05 pm

Sabre wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Oh sorry, did you want me to give a run down of each player 1 by 1? Saw something, said something.

He doesn't seem hungry for a guy who's playing his 3rd game. I would expect a young guy trying to make his mark to be everywhere- wanting the ball in every set.

Do you agree or not?

No I wouldn't expect a centre to want the ball every set. We do have a game plan.

I don't think he was the worst on the field, if you're going to point the finger at somebody, why him?
lol why would i have an issue with him.. you do realise i posted that right after the game or during the game- no one thinks clearly when they're watching the game. AGAIN, do you agree with me or not? i hate it when people nitpick crap like this but don't give their own opinion... what's your opinion? DO YOU AGREE OR NOT?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 09 May, 2015 8:26 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Do you agree or not?

lol why would i have an issue with him.. you do realise i posted that right after the game or during the game- no one thinks clearly when they're watching the game. AGAIN, do you agree with me or not? i hate it when people nitpick crap like this but don't give their own opinion... what's your opinion? DO YOU AGREE OR NOT?
Read the very first line of my response again. I didn't make it hard to understand.

tig_prmz
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sat 09 May, 2015 8:30 pm

this arguement is dead.. either you can't understand what im saying or the other way around..

anyway, wish him luck, he's got 3 more games to prove he's 1st grade coz i havent seen it in his last 2 games.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 09 May, 2015 8:34 pm

Find somewhere else to go and give your uneducated view...we are fine here.l
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 09 May, 2015 9:25 pm

Milky wrote:No one is playing out there, 20 seconds to go, instead of packing the scrum and trying to get some points on the boar they just walk off. Bloody hell.
Your maturity over the last 12 months has come along in leaps and bounds. After this thread...not so much.

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 09 May, 2015 10:09 pm

willow wrote:
Milky wrote:No one is playing out there, 20 seconds to go, instead of packing the scrum and trying to get some points on the boar they just walk off. Bloody hell.
Your maturity over the last 12 months has come along in leaps and bounds. After this thread...not so much.
Willow I just think that they should have showed that they wanted to be out there. They looked careless.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”