Men against boys

Tigermama

Re: Men against boys

Unread post by Tigermama » Sat 09 May, 2015 9:37 am

Flippedy wrote:I don't think we ever really gave up tonight, Hybrid. I just think we don't have the talent to match it with teams that are choc full of internationals.
Spot on Flip.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Sat 09 May, 2015 10:04 am

thesquid wrote:Brooks and Moses look so out classed, Moses looking like a speed bump in a kiddy driving school.

I wouldn't be surprised if the both of them start to decline in performance even further due to being humiliated and smashed every game.

Move the both of them out of the NRL before they become so demoralised that they will not recover.
Start to decline? Really? after 20 NRL games? You do realise the halves were not the reason for the poor performance right? The halves were only a minor reason for the loss.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 09 May, 2015 10:28 am

I don't blame the halves. Our forwards who should be guns were terrible. It was though the overall discipline throughout the game that killed us. We kept it together for a short time but then we lost it and got killed. This has happened heaps throughout the year.

beachtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by beachtiger » Sat 09 May, 2015 11:00 am

The title of this thread sums it up for me watching the game last night, we just don't have the physical capabilities to match it with hardened and seasoned players...yet!

I've been critical of Brook's defence in the past but you can't doubt his and Moses commitment, in fact I don't think Moses fell of many tackles tonight at all he just doesn't have the physical size to match his heart and stop the attacking player in their tracks.

It's not just our halves though we don't have that physical presence in enough key positions to match the bigger teams. We have the likes of Woods, Kapow and Keithy but the rest of our pack is too small and inexperienced to back up our creative players. Lodge is good for size when he comes on but still lacks enough motor to put his stamp on the game when he comes on and Ava is a beast but not imposing enough on the opposition.

I'm sure in a few years Siro Jnr and Lovett will develop in to wonderful players but look at the good teams and their second row players, hardened men like Cordner and Guerra last night and I just don't think we have enough size to match them.

I don't think it's only our forwards either we don't have much size in our backs, a lot of skill yes but not a physical presence.

We have all said it, we need to buy a good sized centre/winger and a big second rower with a good motor to stick it to the opposition on the fringes and make them work just as hard in defence to take some pressure off our young halves to let them do what they do best. Unless we recruit some players like this whilst our young brigade develop I think we will only ever be a middle of the pack team.

Tigerspirit

Unread post by Tigerspirit » Sat 09 May, 2015 11:07 am

Tbone wrote:It turns out the gluten free diets aren't working. It's time Taylor turns their attention to public enemy number 2 - lactose.
Hahahahaha

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sat 09 May, 2015 12:08 pm

[quote="Cultured Bogan"]No one can play a team back into form like Wests.

Christ I hope Sydney FC get up tomorrow night and give me something to smile about over the weekend.[/quote]

That is so darn true, CB! It's the legacy that Wests have carried into the merger, unfortunately.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sat 09 May, 2015 12:10 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:I don't think we ever really gave up tonight, Hybrid. I just think we don't have the talent to match it with teams that are choc full of internationals.
Don't know about that, the 1% efforts weren't there tonight. Look at when SKD got out of the in goal - should never happen.
Yeah that's true, but you have to admit the bounce of the ball just didn't not go our way all night.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

yeti
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by yeti » Sat 09 May, 2015 1:03 pm

Really, you don't have to go further than the team sheets to see why we lost tonight. Comparing the rosters is laughable! But yeah, it's an even playing field - NOT!

marzie
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Sat 09 May, 2015 1:07 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote: If you don't get upset when we get flogged you're not normal, IMO.
there is a difference between being upset, and carrying on like a moron.[/quote]

And I'm carrying on like a moron because you disagree with my opinion?

Flog.[/quote]
I never said you were a moron... you picked that boot up, sussed it out for size then put it on yourself. From your retort, seems you are a good judge though.[/quote]

You didn't have to say it. Who was carrying on like a moron in this thread then?[/quote]

Of course I get upset when we lose I hate it, I just always take a step back remember that I shouldn't be expecting too much from this team this year and don't go on the forum over react and post ridiculous things like its the end of the world.

jirskyr
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 09 May, 2015 1:45 pm

Big difference, proven, getting Sironen 1:1 with Pearce vs Cordner 1:1 with Moses.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 09 May, 2015 2:19 pm

Chris wrote:So you're telling me that the team the Roosters had on the field tonight is under the cap?
when you have moltzen and chris lawrence taking up the better part of a million on our cap, any other team would seem like they're 'over'

im gonna go ahead and believe the NRL over some bs people are spouting with 0 info. considering they destroyed the dogs and storm (an expansion area) over cap cheating no team would dare to try it again and nor would they get away with it.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7051773030
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Sat 09 May, 2015 2:59 pm

It was a lot like men against boys for sure. And Galloway was not good enough for his size and experience, maybe he is not 100% - he was clutching his shoulder.

I'm looking at the other teams young props and keep hoping that Ava will begin to ramp up again, be he seems to have levelled out at the moment. Maybe he doesn't have enough mongrel or something.

guyofthetiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Sat 09 May, 2015 3:52 pm

It was always going to be the case.

To be honest, we were never really rebuilding the last few years, just riding out fading hopes.

We're definitely rebuilding now.

Another night, another lesson learnt.

Anyone who counts can see the potential in our youth.

It's easy to see.

Even tonight, if Moses hadn't have slipped over when he was about to score - and a few other 50-50s gone our way - momentum might have gone a very different direction.

They never gave up, that's progress for me.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 10 May, 2015 2:09 pm

Check out the age of our team vs them and you may understand why it looked likes boys vs men. We are on a long journey gentlemen, inconsistency is a hallmark of young players and we have many in this team in key positions.

Patience gents.

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”