Men against boys

hobbo

Men against boys

Post by hobbo » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote: there is a difference between being upset, and carrying on like a moron.
And I'm carrying on like a moron because you disagree with my opinion?

Flog.
I never said you were a moron... you picked that boot up, sussed it out for size then put it on yourself. From your retort, seems you are a good judge though.
Oi

Instead of arguing about how bad the loss was and how much it hurt , how about coming up with some positives and ideas how we break this cycle

You both know your s*%t , put it to some good use for the better of our club

Win , lose or draw we still love em :sign:
A draw would've been nice !
I'm conditioned for these type of results , it's been happening for too long now , yeah I'm disappointed but still relaxed .... Meh !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:32 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote: You didn't have to say it. Who was carrying on like a moron in this thread then?
was more a statement to the extreme meltdown mode which the forum goes into after a loss. No one here is happy we lost, but some of the posts are pure over passionate drivel... ie. carrying on like a moron.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:42 pm

No one can play a team back into form like Wests.

Christ I hope Sydney FC get up tomorrow night and give me something to smile about over the weekend.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:46 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:No one can play a team back into form like Wests Tigers.

Christ I hope Sydney FC get up tomorrow night and give me something to smile about over the weekend.
You'll beat Adelaide

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:47 pm

One team had very little third party payments the other millions of dollars worth. At the end of the day we were far from good enough tonight. It was a no contest event.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:56 pm

Simply outclassed. The Roosters are top two, been a bit low on form, lost four in a row they were going to hit their straps at some stage - it was always going to be a tough one. Dont think we gave up, they are just a far better side than us, every day of the week. Pretty much at full strength with players wanting to stake their claim for origin, this was not the week to play them. On the positive - Chris Lawrence was great and so was Jessie Sue.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 09 May, 2015 12:14 am

Yeah we needed to stick it to the Rooters for the first 10 mins, not just hang in there by their fingernails. They started probing us right from the get-go, we opened up like the Red Sea and they just never took their foot off the throat.

Totally outclassed, I was just wishing and hoping for one of our blokes to really take it to them, hurt a few runners, but every player on the Roosters thought they were going to grab a hat-trick, even with props turning inside balls to halves, SKD doing ridiculous chip n chases and coming up with the ball, Roosters backline taking easy metres early in the set.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 09 May, 2015 12:16 am

The name of this thread is so true. Why burn out our youth?

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 09 May, 2015 12:58 am

I am no where near as pessimistic about that display as some. We were never, I repeat never going to win. Possibly the best roster in the comp does not lose 5 in a row. Apart from that, all the 50/50s went their way and the refs game them a more generous ride than us. I cant see us beating the rorters with our current team, but I thought we put in a reasonable display in the circumstances, and a couple of ours who have been disappointing - Rowdy and Moses went pretty well.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sat 09 May, 2015 1:17 am

For me look at our second row and centres, look at theirs. That pretty much sums it up. Lovett and Sironen are over rated, need some new second rowers for next year. Here's hoping for Pauli Pauli and Lowe, two big bodies. Something we are in desperate need of.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 09 May, 2015 1:53 am

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:For me look at our second row and centres, look at theirs. That pretty much sums it up. Lovett and Sironen are over rated, need some new second rowers for next year. Here's hoping for Pauli Pauli and Lowe, two big bodies. Something we are in desperate need of.
Lowe re-signed, but I'd take Pauli^2

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Sat 09 May, 2015 2:32 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote: there is a difference between being upset, and carrying on like a moron.
And I'm carrying on like a moron because you disagree with my opinion?

Flog.
I never said you were a moron... you picked that boot up, sussed it out for size then put it on yourself. From your retort, seems you are a good judge though.
You didn't have to say it. Who was carrying on like a moron in this thread then?
Haha I'm just gonna get out the popcorn sit back and enjoy this one

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sat 09 May, 2015 3:11 am

It turns out the gluten free diets aren't working. It's time Taylor turns their attention to public enemy number 2 - lactose.

thesquid

Post by thesquid » Sat 09 May, 2015 8:42 am

Brooks and Moses look so out classed, Moses looking like a speed bump in a kiddy driving school.

I wouldn't be surprised if the both of them start to decline in performance even further due to being humiliated and smashed every game.

Move the both of them out of the NRL before they become so demoralised that they will not recover.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 09 May, 2015 9:00 am

Tigerspirit wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
Tigerspirit wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:But they are boys. Theyre learning.
Learn in a below grade comp or in training

They wont learn anything from nsw cup. You learn from the best.
Like someonel else said, we have been learning from the best since 2006!
Time to buy so we can compete

That maybe but I don't recall Teddy, Siro, Moses, Brooks, Kevy, Lodge etc being around in 2006.

most of them were about 11 or 12 years old.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 09 May, 2015 9:05 am

Tigerman96 wrote:I'm not saying that Moses won't become a great player but he definately isn't up to 1st grade standard atm. He cracks under pressure too easily and the double movement in our 1st chance early in the game can't just be put down inexperience. It's a massive error at any level of the game. His kicking is quite frankly atrocious. Imo a kicking strategy must be different for different sides. Kicking non-stop torpedo kicks to RTS and Tupou was just plain stupid, that's there forte. I do feel that his defence is poor but so is Soward's and he is decent player. We should quite frankly have 2 forwards with him at all times when it comes to on the line defence. That or we should drop him back to NSW Cup for few games to gain his mojo again. I have seen impressive skill from him I just think he's beginning to lose confidence in himself as the season has progressed and the more mistakes he has made. All I seem to see him do of late is shake his head in disapproval
Wrong tak - dropping him to NSW Cup will not give him confidence.

Maybe if the forwards stood up - it would take the pressure off him, give he and Brooks more time to do what they are supposed to do.

Right area - blaming the wrong people.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 09 May, 2015 9:22 am

Russell wrote: Wrong tak - dropping him to NSW Cup will not give him confidence.
I think most see it very differently. Keeping Moses in first grade in his present form will not give the team any confidence. It is also unfair to an in form aspirant who could fill Moses' role in first grade so much better.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 09 May, 2015 9:30 am

Newtown wrote:
Russell wrote: Wrong tak - dropping him to NSW Cup will not give him confidence.
I think most see it very differently. Keeping Moses in first grade in his present form will not give the team any confidence. It is also unfair to an in form aspirant who could fill Moses' role in first grade so much better.
Who are we going to drop him for?

What aspiring experienced 5/8 is this?