Men against boys

stevetiger

Re: Men against boys

Post by stevetiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:47 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Embarrassed to say I support this club tonight, and not for the first time either.
It was a pathetic performance and I expect a lot better.

Some players are excluded. Halatau and Lawrence are to me the exceptions. The rest of them should hang their heads in shame.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:48 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:But they are boys. Theyre learning.
Learn in a below grade comp or in training

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
They wont learn anything from nsw cup. You learn from the best.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:49 pm

I find it amusing that fans expect our team, with a long history of being mentally fragile, to turn it all around in a summer camp under a new coach... its insane.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:50 pm

It was a bad night but it's probably the only poor 80 minute games this year. Nearly every team has them. Just put it down to experience and see what happens next week. Roosters are pretty good side.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:50 pm

Again another NYCish performance

To be expected when we have a heap of youngsters

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:52 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Tigerspirit wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:But they are boys. Theyre learning.
Learn in a below grade comp or in training

They wont learn anything from nsw cup. You learn from the best.
Like someonel else said, we have been learning from the best since 2006!
Time to buy so we can compete

marzie

Post by marzie » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:53 pm

Black'n'White wrote:I find it amusing that fans expect our team, with a long history of being mentally fragile, to turn it all around in a summer camp under a new coach... its insane.
Also, look at our roster and depth this year... how can people expect them to win every week? Fans on this forum and in for a long year if they get this upset every time we lose.

Justo

Post by Justo » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:54 pm

Any one know what the total nrl games is between the two sides? I bet Roosters are way up there on us. You can't teach experience.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:56 pm

marzie wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:I find it amusing that fans expect our team, with a long history of being mentally fragile, to turn it all around in a summer camp under a new coach... its insane.
Also, look at our roster and depth this year... how can people expect them to win every week? Fans on this forum and in for a long year if they get this upset every time we lose.
If you don't get upset when we get flogged you're not normal, IMO.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:57 pm

This has a bearing but this team has a lot of plodders that are ineffective and until the club can move them on not much is going to change.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 08 May, 2015 9:59 pm

marzie wrote:
Jesus Christ. We were building in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. We'll still be building in 2016, 17 and probably 18 as well. People are sick of hearing it and rightfully so. The Sistine Chapel didn't take this long to build.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:04 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
marzie wrote:
there is a difference between being upset, and carrying on like a moron.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:04 pm

willow wrote:Roosters showed more energy early and we just didn't stick with them. I expected it tonight and to be honest, I'm non-plused about the result.
Me too, funnily enough - I picked the Roosters with start, but there was just a teeny tiny hope in my heart for a better end to the week :(
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:05 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
marzie wrote:
And I'm carrying on like a moron because you disagree with my opinion?

Flog.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:12 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote: If you don't get upset when we get flogged you're not normal, IMO.

Flog.
I never said you were a moron... you picked that boot up, sussed it out for size then put it on yourself. From your retort, seems you are a good judge though.

Tigerman96

Post by Tigerman96 » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:15 pm

I'm not saying that Moses won't become a great player but he definately isn't up to 1st grade standard atm. He cracks under pressure too easily and the double movement in our 1st chance early in the game can't just be put down inexperience. It's a massive error at any level of the game. His kicking is quite frankly atrocious. Imo a kicking strategy must be different for different sides. Kicking non-stop torpedo kicks to RTS and Tupou was just plain stupid, that's there forte. I do feel that his defence is poor but so is Soward's and he is decent player. We should quite frankly have 2 forwards with him at all times when it comes to on the line defence. That or we should drop him back to NSW Cup for few games to gain his mojo again. I have seen impressive skill from him I just think he's beginning to lose confidence in himself as the season has progressed and the more mistakes he has made. All I seem to see him do of late is shake his head in disapproval

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:16 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote: If you don't get upset when we get flogged you're not normal, IMO.

Flog.
I never said you were a moron... you picked that boot up, sussed it out for size then put it on yourself. From your retort, seems you are a good judge though.
Oi

Instead of arguing about how bad the loss was and how much it hurt , how about coming up with some positives and ideas how we break this cycle

You both know your s*%t , put it to some good use for the better of our club

Win , lose or draw we still love em :sign:

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 08 May, 2015 10:19 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:

Flog.
You didn't have to say it. Who was carrying on like a moron in this thread then?