Tigers happy with footballing lesson

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Tigers happy with footballing lesson

Unread post by Knuckles » Mon 11 May, 2015 1:03 pm

I agree with JT ........... the only thing I question is whether we are really good enough to match it with the best given the players we have. You can learn lessons, you can identify problems and weaknesses ............ but whether we have the resources to make it happen is debateable.
I think most of us knew at the start of the season we would probably finish somewhere around 10th or 12th with a view to making the top 8 next season. If we can buy well in the next off-season, we have the basis for a pretty good team. But this season is not the year to get the hopes up.

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 11 May, 2015 2:55 pm

I think what JT is saying is, you learn from the best and it could have been a massive blow out but the team had a dig especially in the second half. I am willing to accept his spin at the moment,lots of words like structure,small steps,defense, starting from the bottom,its a learning curve etc, but come 2016 their are no excuses for the players,the coaches and the administrators, So fingers crossed JT and his methods will win out, but if the do not, he deserves the same fate as Potts

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 11 May, 2015 4:53 pm

Tigermama wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
barra wrote:Not sure what else he is expected to say?

"We are crap!"
"We are simply not going to be competitive, might as well give up now."
"My squad is mostly not NRL standard and I can't wait to get rid of them!"
"My coaching staff are not up to this challenge, anyone available?"
"Anyone else feel like a drink?
"

I see a coach who is only concentrating on using positive energy, not negative energy. And in turn trying to keep the squad positive so we don't head into a run of losses. That's been his style so far and it isn't going to change soon.

And the reality is that what he said is actually true. He does have a lot to work on, and a game like that really shines a light on those areas! So back to work, and back to taking baby steps. That is the reality of what he and the squad can do this year.
Yeah because theyre his only other options :roll:

Weak argument...very weak
Ink, you obviously have a different view and opinion. Love to hear it.
You dont need me to spell out that there were other things he couldve said.

I just dont believe this ''happy'' crap. Its spin...nothing more...getting tired of it, its only a third of the way thru the season...

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 11 May, 2015 4:55 pm

supercoach wrote:I think what JT is saying is, you learn from the best and it could have been a massive blow out but the team had a dig especially in the second half. I am willing to accept his spin at the moment,lots of words like structure,small steps,defense, starting from the bottom,its a learning curve etc, but come 2016 their are no excuses for the players,the coaches and the administrators, So fingers crossed JT and his methods will win out, but if the do not, he deserves the same fate as Potts
They should be having a bloody dig each and every week for 80 minutes...this is something you applaud and congratulate kids on....not well paid adult professionals

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 11 May, 2015 5:53 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:A lesson? Haven't they learnt their lesson ..............I got to question what the game plan was ........... We didn't change our strategy at all.
My sentiments as well, too little and too late. I can handle the need for a basic structure, but surely some more horses for courses (targeted) play would not go astray.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 11 May, 2015 6:13 pm

cunno wrote:I was very peeved off on Friday night after rushing home from work, getting a tyre blow out on the freeway (its real fun changing a tyre on the side of the M5) picking up my fellowsupporter getting to the SFS to watch the 20s cop a loss then to see the effort of our first grade AND listen to the smug rorters supporters going on. BUT once I read that JT was happy I felt a lot calmer and not so peeved, I realised there really wasnt anything to worry about!!!

How many Valium did it take before you read what JTSaid....and then calmed down..haha..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 11 May, 2015 7:10 pm

cunno wrote:I was very peeved off on Friday night after rushing home from work, getting a tyre blow out on the freeway (its real fun changing a tyre on the side of the M5) picking up my fellowsupporter getting to the SFS to watch the 20s cop a loss then to see the effort of our first grade AND listen to the smug rorters supporters going on. BUT once I read that JT was happy I felt a lot calmer and not so peeved, I realised there really wasnt anything to worry about!!!
Seems to have been the night for it. My car massively overheated and clunked to a stop in the Eastern Distributor tunnel before the game. Motorway services came and towed us to Zetland, so we left it to cool down and walked up South Dowling st. After watching the Tigers get done we had a long walk back to the car, until I spotted a shopping trolley on Anzac pde and pushed my wife back to Zetland in it. Playing silly buggers with a shopping trolley through Moore Park in the dark made us feel like stupid teenagers again, needed that on an otherwise sh!t night.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 11 May, 2015 7:39 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Seems to have been the night for it. My car massively overheated and clunked to a stop in the Eastern Distributor tunnel before the game. Motorway services came and towed us to Zetland, so we left it to cool down and walked up South Dowling st. After watching the Tigers get done we had a long walk back to the car, until I spotted a shopping trolley on Anzac pde and pushed my wife back to Zetland in it. Playing silly buggers with a shopping trolley through Moore Park in the dark made us feel like stupid teenagers again, needed that on an otherwise sh!t night.
ha ha nice one Cosimo!!

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 11 May, 2015 7:40 pm

TrueTiger wrote:

How many Valium did it take before you read what JTSaid....and then calmed down..haha..
Ran out of valium TT but Tooheys helps it all look clearer :lol:

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 12 May, 2015 7:03 am

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
LOL.. Sounds fun, and a good way to get your mind off the crappy day you both had. :lol:

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 12 May, 2015 7:13 am

innsaneink wrote:
supercoach wrote:I think what JT is saying is, you learn from the best and it could have been a massive blow out but the team had a dig especially in the second half. I am willing to accept his spin at the moment,lots of words like structure,small steps,defense, starting from the bottom,its a learning curve etc, but come 2016 their are no excuses for the players,the coaches and the administrators, So fingers crossed JT and his methods will win out, but if the do not, he deserves the same fate as Potts
They should be having a bloody dig each and every week for 80 minutes...this is something you applaud and congratulate kids on....not well paid adult professionals

Agree with you on this one Ink. Hopefully we'll see the team play with heart and commitment consistently for 80 min very soon. Starting this week playing the Knights..... :pray:

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 12 May, 2015 8:49 am

One thing these threads do a good job of is highlighting the old Wests and Balmain fans as opposed to the new gen.

One lot has this abundance of patience and treats the football like a prayer meeting where faith is the most important thing.

The other half are just fed up with the BS.

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”