Tigers happy with footballing lesson

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Tigers happy with footballing lesson

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 09 May, 2015 3:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:JT is a positive chap, but positivity will only get you so far.
I bet what was said behind closed doors to only the team was different ,very different
You can bet on that, happy.
There would have been a few arses kicked- and rightly so.
The forwards have got to play a lot tougher and start looking after the halves sooner rather than later.

BornBlack&Gold

Unread post by BornBlack&Gold » Sat 09 May, 2015 3:48 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:
stevetiger wrote:Tell him he's dreaming.
What a tosser this coach is... His reminding me of ricky stuart

If we had marshall and austin in the halves,
Koriobete on the wing and our forward pack from early last year we would be killing it

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
If we had marshall in the halves we would be dead last. He would still be playing rubbish for us as don't you remember? It was Wests Tigers fault he didn't pull his finger out and have a go his last 2 seasons with us. His words.

Lets hope you're wrong about the ricky stuart comparison. Although i fear you're not.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sat 09 May, 2015 3:49 pm

Reckon he's against bagging blokes in public. Seems very calm.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tigerspirit

Unread post by Tigerspirit » Sat 09 May, 2015 4:01 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:
Tigerspirit wrote:

Koriobete on the wing and our forward pack from early last year we would be killing it

If we had marshall in the halves we would be dead last. He would still be playing rubbish for us as don't you remember? It was Wests Tigers fault he didn't pull his finger out and have a go his last 2 seasons with us. His words.

Lets hope you're wrong about the ricky stuart comparison. Although i fear you're not.
Marshall at his present performance eith the saints, not over playing it and has his confidence back

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 8:11 am

Why didn't tigers kick to side line like Marshall did last week. Shrek got close to 200 meters.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 May, 2015 8:17 am

I can see where he's coming from with this attitude, but sooner or later he has to show some displeasure.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 10 May, 2015 8:36 am

i hope sooner

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 8:54 am

A lesson? Haven't they learnt their lesson over the past 5 performances with the Rorters?Like we needed to be happy with another one.

I got to question what the game plan was and if it was defence in the first half what was it at 22 nil in the second half.Sure we don't have the troops to match the Rorters player for player but I watched a replay and we seemed to be all over the shop. We didn't change our strategy at all.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 8:31 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:

Trouble is,some didn't like Potter even though he could coach but wasn't given the opportunities JT has......I hope everything works out for JT,he has everything at his disposal and very limited injuries...its a shame potter didn't have his luxuries,we were going alright this time last year,then the s""t hit the fan and it all fell apart...
Can't do anything about players wanting to leave,but why would they stay in the rabble that was...Austin would have done a great job for us this year,however the club has taken a punt on inexperienced hyped up rookies...certainly hope they pay the club back with some great performances soon..I know ,I know their only young and learning,blah,blah,blah......

Heaven help us if one of the halves get injured or we have one of our good performing forwards sidelined...no depth,no decent recruits,no wins I suspect...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sun 10 May, 2015 10:18 pm

Flippedy wrote:JT is a positive chap, but positivity will only get you so far.
I prefer reality to positivity.....reality is we played crap

Abraham
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Abraham » Sun 10 May, 2015 10:24 pm

I doubt he was high-fiving guys in the sheds.

Don't read too much into what a coach says to the media scrum, it's what he says behind closed doors that matters.

I'm sure his thinking is that he has a young and inexperienced side, and there is no point in putting additional pressure on them by bagging them in public.

In his mind if he wants the team to buy into his master plan, he needs to remain somewhat upbeat and get the players to continue focussing on the bigger picture.

Press conferences don't necessarily reflect what goes on at training or in the dressing room.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 11 May, 2015 7:27 am

Growing really tired of the excuse that we are a young team and are learning.

He has come into this club, stripped it back to bare minimum, told us all he is rebuilding it and is now struggling. All we get from him is that one day it will be ok and things will be better.

As others have said Potter was doing better with a more difficult task.

All im seeing is a guy giving himself and the players an excuse to fail. Why couldnt he have come out the last week and say something along the lines of this will be a real test for the Roosters, theyve lost four in a row and are under real pressure playing against a good young team like ours.

Ballsy, but it would have a massive effect on our teams attitude and remove the excuse that we are young so it is ok to lose.

He will go down as the worst coach in our history if he doesnt soon work out that all the Wests Tigers need to fail is an excuse to fail.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 11 May, 2015 7:34 am

Agree with you Gong. I think he should be showing them tapes of 05 and showing them what a bunch of young guys can achieve. I think his coaching the attack out of these boys.No excuses.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 11 May, 2015 7:34 am

barra wrote:Not sure what else he is expected to say?

"We are crap!"
"We are simply not going to be competitive, might as well give up now."
"My squad is mostly not NRL standard and I can't wait to get rid of them!"
"My coaching staff are not up to this challenge, anyone available?"
"Anyone else feel like a drink?"

I see a coach who is only concentrating on using positive energy, not negative energy. And in turn trying to keep the squad positive so we don't head into a run of losses. That's been his style so far and it isn't going to change soon.

And the reality is that what he said is actually true. He does have a lot to work on, and a game like that really shines a light on those areas! So back to work, and back to taking baby steps. That is the reality of what he and the squad can do this year.
Good post Barra. You summed it up well. It is a learning process for our young team. JT is doing a great job imo. The team are improving but have alot more to improve on. We'll get there eventually. :sign:

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 11 May, 2015 7:44 am

innsaneink wrote:
barra wrote:Not sure what else he is expected to say?

"We are crap!"
"We are simply not going to be competitive, might as well give up now."
"My squad is mostly not NRL standard and I can't wait to get rid of them!"
"My coaching staff are not up to this challenge, anyone available?"
"Anyone else feel like a drink?
"

I see a coach who is only concentrating on using positive energy, not negative energy. And in turn trying to keep the squad positive so we don't head into a run of losses. That's been his style so far and it isn't going to change soon.

And the reality is that what he said is actually true. He does have a lot to work on, and a game like that really shines a light on those areas! So back to work, and back to taking baby steps. That is the reality of what he and the squad can do this year.
Yeah because theyre his only other options :roll:

Weak argument...very weak
Ink, you obviously have a different view and opinion. Love to hear it.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Mon 11 May, 2015 10:02 am

If the Tigers are happy with the continuing footballing lessons provided throughout this season by the opposition (not JT) they will be highly ecstatic by season's end. Unfortunately not so for the club's supporters.

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 11 May, 2015 10:23 am

barra wrote:"Anyone else feel like a drink?"
Yes.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 11 May, 2015 12:53 pm

I was very peeved off on Friday night after rushing home from work, getting a tyre blow out on the freeway (its real fun changing a tyre on the side of the M5) picking up my fellowsupporter getting to the SFS to watch the 20s cop a loss then to see the effort of our first grade AND listen to the smug rorters supporters going on. BUT once I read that JT was happy I felt a lot calmer and not so peeved, I realised there really wasnt anything to worry about!!!

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”