Why Im not slitting my wrists

simonthetiger

Why Im not slitting my wrists

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 11:48 am

Ok...so Ive re watched the game and its not all bad.

IMO we just couldnt take a trick in that game.

Firstly...yet again the refs have allowed our opposition to lay all over us and yet ping us for the same stuff. The roosters get pinged hard in this area but not on Friday and it got worse as the game went on.....Robinson must have been wetting himself.

2...We did show ticker. We hung in there for pretty much the whole first half at 4-0 against a 60/40 possession rate. Most teams would have crumbled but they tackled their arses off. If robbie nails that kick I reckon we score and its 4 all at half time and we are flying high. Great option by Robbie just the execution millimetres off.

3.....in the second half again we competed when we normally would have surrendered. Not much you can do with Tupou jumping against Hoeter and Naqaima,u are gonna get one soon,but two were pretty lucky with some nasty bounces for us.....and a toe on the line!

Even after all this I felt we were still in it when Lawrence got that try dissallowed.....but that was it,again cruel decision and another try from an evil bounce and its goodnight!

We got bashed and hung in there and that scoreline wasnt a true indication of the effort by our boys.

We made mistakes that you rarely see...Pattacake into touch on the full....Robbies kick,Moses double movement......it just wasnt our night.

And Lawrence and Halatau had thei best games for us and Nofa shouldnt be too long back now....and Simona.That should fix up our right edge probs.

IMO we played the best team in the comp,who have been very unlucky the last four games not to win all four,very hungry and where they got all the bounces of the ball.....

I have seen us play a lot worse.....and they never gave up......these boys have ticker.Hang in there everyone!

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 384 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:00 pm

Glad ro see you're still with us simon...

I agree with pretty much everything said ...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:04 pm

Geo. wrote:Glad ro see you're still with us simon...

One of your favourite sayings on here in the past has always been ''you only play as good as the opposition allows''.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:05 pm

If they dogged it I would be laying the boot in, but we got outmuscled and out played and still hung in there.

I can live with a loss when they have a go!

I know its all "what if" but if you take out two of their dodgy tries and give Lawrence his its about a 24-10 game and I think thats a fair reflection of our effort!

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:08 pm

And honestly we need to work out why teams can lay all over us and ping us......FAST.

Its happening all the time and its really hurting us.

The amount of times they should have got pingesd was ridiculous,my nerf brick was getting hurled at the TV every set....and we were getting hair trigger 50/50's against us.....

Against the top teams u will suffer as we did!

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 384 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:09 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:

One of your favourite sayings on here in the past has always been ''you only play as good as the opposition allows''.
That is true....I will say that I think the Rorters would have beaten all other 14 teams the way they played on Friday...

The test will be how we respond against the Knights on their turf...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:22 pm

good summary, my thoughts exactly but everyone on here falls into dispair when 2 weeks ago we were getting carried away with our season
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:25 pm

Quite right Simon - as I said in another thread; we need to overcome getting penalised in the tackle and the opposition doesn't. It is killing us!

If we have a quicker second marker that would allow us to release the tackled player a little quicker but you can't always count on a quicker second marker.

The other thing is - we need to stand deeper in attack - nearly every game the opposition is inside the 10 and they get away with it but ping us when we are offside.

Nothing is fair - so be it - but we need to overcome it.

Good posts Simon - totally agree.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:45 pm

Agree re deeper in attack...I would also like to see more of Teddy running off Brooks,inside and out.

For some strange reason they have put that play away and its a goodun IMO.

The play the ball really is a major one.....with my orange glasses on it seems like we are getting hit hard......and I dunno why??

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 10 May, 2015 12:53 pm

disagree with point 1 tbh

2 and 3 sound the same- we tried hard? yes. but one thing that i wasnt impressed me was that whenever we were struggling in the middle- none of the centres, wingers or the edge backrowers came in to increase the ruck speed- everyone on the edges just hung out there. maybe that's the coach's game plan but every other team whenver they're stuck in their own 20, you see the wingers/centres scoot out from dummy half, or backrowers come in to release pressure. it was just the props taking the hit up one after the other and getting bashed. running one out, and as simon said above, no deepness in attack. LOAAADDSSS to improve on.

agree with the rest that roosters were just too good for us- they beat us all over the park.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 1:36 pm

Some good points and I basically agree with you but I still thought that was a poor effort especially our discipline. Some of our mistakes were terrible.

Taylor might also have to consider getting more value out of Halatau. He is a really solid player.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 2:23 pm

stevetiger wrote: Taylor might also have to consider getting more value out of Halatau. He is a really solid player.
He should start.

HIs defense and line running are needed!

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 10 May, 2015 3:50 pm

tig_prmz wrote:disagree with point 1 tbh

2 and 3 sound the same- we tried hard? yes. but one thing that i wasnt impressed me was that whenever we were struggling in the middle- none of the centres, wingers or the edge backrowers came in to increase the ruck speed- everyone on the edges just hung out there. maybe that's the coach's game plan but every other team whenver they're stuck in their own 20, you see the wingers/centres scoot out from dummy half, or backrowers come in to release pressure. it was just the props taking the hit up one after the other and getting bashed. running one out, and as simon said above, no deepness in attack. LOAAADDSSS to improve on.

agree with the rest that roosters were just too good for us- they beat us all over the park.
we've been doing that all year 100%, seen patty and naiqama take numerous hitups. now i wasn't looking out for it in this particular game so maybe they were not there as often but theyve definitely been doing it this year.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 10 May, 2015 4:15 pm

Russell wrote:Quite right Simon - as I said in another thread; we need to overcome getting penalised in the tackle and the opposition doesn't. It is killing us!

If we have a quicker second marker that would allow us to release the tackled player a little quicker but you can't always count on a quicker second marker.

The other thing is - we need to stand deeper in attack - nearly every game the opposition is inside the 10 and they get away with it but ping us when we are offside.

Nothing is fair - so be it - but we need to overcome it.

Good posts Simon - totally agree.

That is out of our hands! That's just out and out unfair reffing and you can't do a damn thing about it, apart from bribery. Ftr, I thought the refereeing was actually ok the other night (probably because we were playing the next most penalised team in the comp), the Roosters were just far too superior all over the park.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Eddie
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 10 May, 2015 5:51 pm

They tried.

They were just completely outclass from start to finish.

It did look like men against boys to be honest.

Didn't exactly fill me with much hope for the rest of the year. We will beat the plodders but the cream will start to rise and we are not there.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 10 May, 2015 5:57 pm

i think we"ll be there Eddie. Thats my thoughts for the rest of the season after Eastern Suburbs ripped us a new one.
But i feel great about it. A great lesson for us. Only cost us 2 points.
But i call bs on it all after Lawrence was denied a try. I believe if we scored things could have been different -

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 10 May, 2015 6:08 pm

What I find interesting is this year despite having the periods we aren't hanging out heads down and just giving up, that's indicative of our F/A at the moment.

Despite everything going on and a new structure, losing experienced players like Anasta, Blair and Fulton we are coming 7th in attack and 10th in defense (had the roosters thumping not happen would be in the top half in defense as well).

Whilst we can be frustrating to watch effort and commitment to JT's structure is clearly there all game and the players are playing as a team once and for all.

Jury is still out if this is the type of play I want us to play however compared to previous years we have improved despite how many kids we have in the group.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 10 May, 2015 6:09 pm

we're minus now. Great.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”