Our wide right copped a bath on Friday

Tiger In The Gong

Re: Our wide right copped a bath on Friday

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 16 May, 2015 7:45 am

TrueTiger wrote:If you look at the Dogs v Roosters last night,the chooks carved them up in most areas...

Our young team did a great job in their defeat by the Roosters last week..and it was a very good learning experience for them and JT...

The Roosters are a monster team,with possibly the best Halves in the comp,add the big forwards and RTS,Jennings and Toupou,you can see why they are premiership material...

I'm pretty sure the young guys took a lot out of the game against the Rorters and can only get better...

Pearce and Maloney are not even a clear best NSW halves pairing let alone best in the comp.

Roosters are going good but lets not elevate them because they beat us. Or should i say humilated us.

Dogs with Graham last night would have gotten very close.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 16 May, 2015 7:58 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:If you look at the Dogs v Roosters last night,the chooks carved them up in most areas...

Our young team did a great job in their defeat by the Roosters last week..and it was a very good learning experience for them and JT...

The Roosters are a monster team,with possibly the best Halves in the comp,add the big forwards and RTS,Jennings and Toupou,you can see why they are premiership material...

I'm pretty sure the young guys took a lot out of the game against the Rorters and can only get better...

Pearce and Maloney are not even a clear best NSW halves pairing let alone best in the comp.

Roosters are going good but lets not elevate them because they beat us. Or should i say humilated us.

Dogs with Graham last night would have gotten very close.

I did say possibly the best,they certainly played well and lead the team well last night,that's their job...As for Graham,he does alright but was not getting much forward progress because of good defence ....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 16 May, 2015 8:04 am

TITG,I see Joey has called for Pearce and Maloney to be the NSW halves pairing after the game last night and it seems he could be a good judge regarding the halves positions..

News.com.au. NRL..

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sat 16 May, 2015 8:05 am

Goose wrote:
Milky wrote:I thought Hoeter did well tbh

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
he didnt.

He had a very poor game, he continually broke pattern in defense and was caught out. They ran around him and inside him a number of times. He retreated unnecessarily a number or times giving up a lot of distance for no reason.

It was a bad game. I reckon he got intimidated by the big names coming his way.

Unfortunately everyone who has ever strapped on a boot has had one of these games, when everything goes wrong, the harder you try the worse it gets.

Hopefully next time.
Thats how i saw it.

Hooters got lost in no mans land a few times,and this put pressure on big hair to come in.

Poor ol Hooters with Jennings and Cordner at him all night and in his third game.

Very tough ask.

Im hoping Nofa to come in for Hooters who im sure will be back!

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 16 May, 2015 8:50 am

TrueTiger wrote:TITG,I see Joey has called for Pearce and Maloney to be the NSW halves pairing after the game last night and it seems he could be a good judge regarding the halves positions..

News.com.au. NRL..

He is the one so called expert whose opinion i disregard. He has been saying the same thing for months. It looks to me he is using his influence to help Maloney who he is desperate to bring over to Manly.

Just my opinion of course but i see him as a walking agenda.

Check out Thurston and Morgan for the form halves of the comp.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sat 16 May, 2015 8:50 am

I agree also, but I think the cracks were being made on the edges so than it becomes much harder to defend the wider you get, but his inexperience and decision making made it that much easier for the Chooks to cash in on the damage they were doing on the edge of the ruck.

Mind you the Chooks also had plenty of success down the same side last night against the Dogs,they are a very good side

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 16 May, 2015 9:00 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:TITG,I see Joey has called for Pearce and Maloney to be the NSW halves pairing after the game last night and it seems he could be a good judge regarding the halves positions..

News.com.au. NRL..

He is the one so called expert whose opinion i disregard. He has been saying the same thing for months. It looks to me he is using his influence to help Maloney who he is desperate to bring over to Manly.

Just my opinion of course but i see him as a walking agenda.

Check out Thurston and Morgan for the form halves of the comp.

You are correct TITG,Thurston and Morgan have been nothing short of sensational this year,however I should have clarified that Pearce and Maloney could possibly be the best in the comp as far as NSW selection goes..my apologies...

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Sat 16 May, 2015 12:11 pm

I thought the Dogs defended very well against the Roosters for the most part given the amount of possession they had, especially with the amount of tackles in the Dogs' half or even 20m.

The Dogs always had good line speed out wide, came up a few metres then held with good shape, inside defenders covered well, etc. The Roosters either got them through quick ruck plays or from further out. I thought it was a good example of how to defend.

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”