Our wide right copped a bath on Friday

Goose

Our wide right copped a bath on Friday

Unread post by Goose » Mon 11 May, 2015 11:21 am

Poor Hoeter and Naiqama had a tough night on Friday.

Jennings and Toupou carved them up all night (albeit the were on the back foot)

They made so much ground all night on them, and unfortunately they got alot of decisions wrong.

I reckon they lost confidence mid way through the first half and started second guessing themselves.

Friday was one of those nights where the Roosters had a point to prove, and played well, when that happens things go your way.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 11 May, 2015 11:31 am

Loved watching Cordner & Jennings on my replay... Geez they were sharp!

Gotta feel for Hoeter though... Being a pup at this level he was always gona get touched up with Cordner & Jennings running at him.

With Kevin, he has been caught out a few times this year, but it isnt always obvious as his 'counter' has been good/lucky? With the mobility/speed of Cordner, he was always pinned within his 10 and this didnt give him the luxury to adjust.

Will be interesting what JT does this week... Will he bring Nofoaluma up or give the boys another go, but I'm sure Rick Stone will be watching plenty of replays this week!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 263 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 11 May, 2015 11:47 am

The right hand side has been leaking points since the Warriors game...it's a worry...

On Friday he they had the entire NSW left edge attack running at them...it was little wonder they struggled...

Plenty to work on which is a positive..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 11 May, 2015 11:51 am

There were posts on here before the game wanting to bring Fine in for Lawrence. Imagine the carnage with two rookie centres.

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Mon 11 May, 2015 12:01 pm

Yeah ....... men against the boys. They tried hard but what can you expect. They just had too much fire power. Its a wonder the score wasnt worse.

TigerSJ
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Mon 11 May, 2015 12:35 pm

Yep, agree Knuckles. Hoeter really struggled with Jennings and that sucked kev in to help him (although he tends to come off his man at times). Tupou showed why he's SOO material - he doesn't need much space. They were simply too good on the back of the roll their forwards were giving them. I think you could see it coming last week - this game was always shaping up to be tough for the young Tiges and could have easily been even uglier. Really they got a few good calls (as the Roosters seem to do) - I thought Tupou's foot was out, and there could have been a double movement in another try - Lawrence's try should have been awarded - taking all that into account, it could have been a less painful scoreline.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 11 May, 2015 12:44 pm

TigerSJ wrote:Yep, agree Knuckles. Hoeter really struggled with Jennings and that sucked kev in to help him (although he tends to come off his man at times). Tupou showed why he's SOO material - he doesn't need much space. They were simply too good on the back of the roll their forwards were giving them. I think you could see it coming last week - this game was always shaping up to be tough for the young Tiges and could have easily been even uglier. Really they got a few good calls (as the Roosters seem to do) - I thought Tupou's foot was out, and there could have been a double movement in another try - Lawrence's try should have been awarded - taking all that into account, it could have been a less painful scoreline.
Yes the roosters forwards roll on made it very difficult for our outside men includig our halves, by the time the ball was coming their way the rooster had plenty of steam up and our outside back were left retreeting.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 11 May, 2015 12:55 pm

The Roosters were on the front foot, no doubt. But Kev and Hoeter were entitled to do better.

I think alot of it is not playing much together and having no faith in each other and by the end I suspect their own decision making.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 12 May, 2015 8:53 am

Biggest coaching mistake for JT this year. Hoeter against those big tall Roosters players he knows very well.

Should have been a big body out there.

Tigersman

Unread post by Tigersman » Tue 12 May, 2015 9:02 am

If there was a big body then Jennings and Tupou would be in riot on them away With their speed. It was as a lose-lose situation against the best wide right side attack in the comp.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Tigersman since 2013!

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Tue 12 May, 2015 11:43 am

Geo. wrote:The right hand side has been leaking points since the Warriors game...it's a worry...

On Friday he they had the entire NSW left edge attack running at them...it was little wonder they struggled...

Agree with your sentiments but it really does only become a positive when we see improvements.And considering Deli is a pup there is every chance his combo with Naiqama will improve.Certainly was the acid test with Cordner and Jennings.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Tue 12 May, 2015 12:21 pm

Knuckles wrote:Yeah ....... men against the boys. They tried hard but what can you expect. They just had too much fire power. Its a wonder the score wasnt worse.
That is the big positive from this game and it shows that the boys did their best to hang in there, despite the mis-match of talent. In that mood, the Roosters could've easily put on 60 if the tide wasn't stemmed somewhat.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Milky » Tue 12 May, 2015 7:26 pm

I thought Hoeter did well tbh

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Wed 13 May, 2015 11:19 am

Milky wrote:I thought Hoeter did well tbh

he didnt.

He had a very poor game, he continually broke pattern in defense and was caught out. They ran around him and inside him a number of times. He retreated unnecessarily a number or times giving up a lot of distance for no reason.

It was a bad game. I reckon he got intimidated by the big names coming his way.

Unfortunately everyone who has ever strapped on a boot has had one of these games, when everything goes wrong, the harder you try the worse it gets.

Hopefully next time.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 13 May, 2015 11:30 am

Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Geo. wrote:The right hand side has been leaking points since the Warriors game...it's a worry...

Agree with your sentiments but it really does only become a positive when we see improvements.And considering Deli is a pup there is every chance his combo with Naiqama will improve.Certainly was the acid test with Cordner and Jennings.
Imagine if the faced a decent left edge attack like Qld's Geo :shock:

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 16 May, 2015 7:09 am

If you look at the Dogs v Roosters last night,the chooks carved them up in most areas...

Our young team did a great job in their defeat by the Roosters last week..and it was a very good learning experience for them and JT...

The Roosters are a monster team,with possibly the best Halves in the comp,add the big forwards and RTS,Jennings and Toupou,you can see why they are premiership material...

I'm pretty sure the young guys took a lot out of the game against the Rorters and can only get better...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 16 May, 2015 7:16 am

Enjoy throwing in the Qld barbs Happy,it will be short lived when they get smashed by NSW...Qld could get a bath of their own,you never know...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sat 16 May, 2015 7:23 am

Roosters right side = NSW Origin right side so our inexperienced right side the other night was up against it. Especially since we got dominated in the forwards and had a 45 v 55% split with the ball. We were doing ok until 3 crucial errors before halftime that led directly to 3 tries.

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”