WESTS Tigers Team V Knights..

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Knights..

Post by Defiant » Tue 12 May, 2015 10:49 pm

Nofo should be in the team immediately. Toss a coin on Hoeter and Lawrence(best game in ages last week).

He was going well for us last year with a half torn acl. Hopefully a late inclusion :pray:

cunno

Post by cunno » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:41 am

fairdinkum wrote:
WTDiehard wrote:On one hand you have to say JT is showing faith in his 17 by selecting them week in week out.

Our options in NSW Cup are not great.....we have Nofo who returned last week from injury, Moltzen, Lulia and Drinkwater.......I'm all for stability but another performance like the one against the Roosters and it would not hurt to mix it around just a little.

our backline after the bye should look like this -

1 - Teddy
2 - Kevie
3 - Nofo
4 - Simona
5 - Patty
6 - Moses
7 - Brooks

I think that looks pretty decent. Just need the boys in the middle to protect Moses and Brooks a bit better. I reckon Moses has given too much of his energy to his D this year and has gone missing way too much in the attacking line. His protectors should be scrutinised a bit more closely rather then people having a go at Moses's lack of flair this year.
Yes the halves need more protection in defence and I agree whoever is assigned this task she be clear about what their role is, having said that this doesn't mean that the halves shouldn't put in, in defence. This situation is also helped by U.S. Dominating possession and limiting opposition ability to spread the ball.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 13 May, 2015 9:26 am

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:Sironen for one has done nothing all season and shows no improvement and hardly does anything for an 80 min player. He's had 10+ runs only twice this year and hasn't been able to crack 100m once. Someone living off their name rather than performances and I'm not quite certain what people see in him.
Not that I'm saying Siro is in great form, but in the world of professional sport, where success is everything, do you really think a club would put a player in firsts every week just because his dad used to play?

I mean maybe if his dad owned the team, or was major sponsor you'd have a point. But no team can carry players just because of family ties.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Wed 13 May, 2015 10:30 am

Tim Simona wont be back for another 3 games, I was talking to him on Saturday @ a Sports store promotion.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 13 May, 2015 10:38 am

Our back row isn't working , despite some early excitement

I'd give Sironen one more week , and then move him to the bench , he isn't coping with the demands of the extra minutes in my opinion

Sue has to be a starting back rower , Taupau to remain in the 13 , Lovett the other

Use Sironen as an impact back rower

This side is going to struggle without imput from our back row in attack , or at least to run options to create room for Teddy ,Simona and hopefully Nofoaluma when he is back

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 13 May, 2015 11:04 am

You can only pick from the players you got

This is close to the best team we can.

Just need some more games / experience in the halves. This isn't our year

Stick Solid guys

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 13 May, 2015 1:33 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Icon wrote:I like that JT is sticking to the plan, and really, who are these great players we are going to put into 1st grade.The reality is (remember reality) is that we are Pretty much where we hoped, or maybe a little better. Roosters were on fire, lets see what happens this week.
I agree. I also don't think that there are really any better options right now. I think Simona and Nofo coming back can make a significant difference to our outside backs and the sooner the better.
Yes, we will be a different team with these two. Hopefully we can grind a win out here and there, stay in touch and make a charge late.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 13 May, 2015 1:40 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
Gray wrote:Lovett has been solid defensively but has lacked any real impact on the game in the last few weeks. But he wouldn't being dropped to the bench wouldn't help this either and there's not many options to bring up.
Both second rowers lack impact....I think we need alternative types and experience in both this area and the halves.
too much same same in both ..need something called balance/complimentary
I agree, but where do we find it?

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 13 May, 2015 2:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:Our back row isn't working , despite some early excitement

I'd give Sironen one more week , and then move him to the bench , he isn't coping with the demands of the extra minutes in my opinion

Sue has to be a starting back rower , Taupau to remain in the 13 , Lovett the other

Use Sironen as an impact back rower

This side is going to struggle without imput from our back row in attack , or at least to run options to create room for Teddy ,Simona and hopefully Nofoaluma when he is back

I agree but I'd also start Lawrence or Halatau in the backrow for Lovett & drop him to NSW cup. Esp with Simona & Nofo coming back. Maybe the extra experience will help.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Wed 13 May, 2015 2:23 pm

The way I see it;

Siro is playing too many minutes.
Tapau is not playing enough.
Lovett is worth persisting with.
Sue brings more aggression and played his best game at prop!
Ava has been disappointing, not the impact I thought he would have this year.
Lodge and Halatau are bench players and the later our utility bench player.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 13 May, 2015 7:33 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:What a snore fest of a team.

This coach will get nowhere unless he gets tough and makes people accountable.
Got any suggestions on who to promote from reserve grade? If not you are just blowing smoke.

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 14 May, 2015 7:10 am

sheer64 wrote:The way I see it;

Siro is playing too many minutes.
Tapau is not playing enough.
Lovett is worth persisting with.
Sue brings more aggression and played his best game at prop!
Ava has been disappointing, not the impact I thought he would have this year.
Lodge and Halatau are bench players and the later our utility bench player.
Good points especially in relation to Siro he needs to be kickstarted like my first car that had a faulty starter motor. Need more of kapow and sue

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 14 May, 2015 12:11 pm

What I don't understand

All off season we heard about how good Sue will be on the right edge. He plays first 3 games there. Our defence looks the best it has in years, I believe we had the 2nd best defence in the comp.

He gets moved for Lovett who plays well but our defence suffers and the right side is where all out points are leaked. Sue remains on the bench.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Thu 14 May, 2015 12:21 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:What a snore fest of a team.

This coach will get nowhere unless he gets tough and makes people accountable.
Got any suggestions on who to promote from reserve grade? If not you are just blowing smoke.
Sue and Akauola would be a step up both offensively and defensively. Then a bench of Halatau, Lodge, Ava and Sirro playing lock.
I think we need Sirro around the middle at this stage of his career, he's not dynamic enough on the edges but his ball skills could be dangerous late in a half around tired props.

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Thu 14 May, 2015 12:22 pm

fergiefurr wrote:What I don't understand -

All off season we heard about how good Sue will be on the right edge. He plays first 3 games there. Our defence looks the best it has in years, I believe we had the 2nd best defence in the comp.

He gets moved for Lovett who plays well but our defence suffers and the right side is where all out points are leaked. Sue remains on the bench.

The big problem with this post is that it points out the obvious. Clearly fergiefurr you would never get a job as the first grade coach of the Wests Tigers, you've just got way too much common sense.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 15 May, 2015 8:54 am

SMH has reported nofo will come in hoeter

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 15 May, 2015 9:12 am

Link??

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 15 May, 2015 9:12 am

Great news if true!