WESTS Tigers Team V Knights..

Nors05
Been liked: 2 times

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Knights..

Unread post by Nors05 » Tue 12 May, 2015 7:02 pm

The only way our youngsters are going to become consistent first graders is if they play in the same position week in week out. Glad we are sticking with the structure. Hopefully we can learn from our losses.

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Tue 12 May, 2015 7:08 pm

ugh. oh well - i expect things like the same side each week until guys like nofo and simona are ready.
some are there to (try to) get better, others because there is no one better at the moment...

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 12 May, 2015 7:39 pm

Icon wrote:I like that JT is sticking to the plan, and really, who are these great players we are going to put into 1st grade.The reality is (remember reality) is that we are Pretty much where we hoped, or maybe a little better. Roosters were on fire, lets see what happens this week.
I agree. I also don't think that there are really any better options right now. I think Simona and Nofo coming back can make a significant difference to our outside backs and the sooner the better.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Tue 12 May, 2015 7:41 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Icon wrote:I like that JT is sticking to the plan, and really, who are these great players we are going to put into 1st grade.The reality is (remember reality) is that we are Pretty much where we hoped, or maybe a little better. Roosters were on fire, lets see what happens this week.
I agree. I also don't think that there are really any better options right now. I think Simona and Nofo coming back can make a significant difference to our outside backs and the sooner the better.
There lays the problem it is the plodders in the forwards that are the problem.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Tue 12 May, 2015 8:33 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:its called consistency. teams without injuries and with a balanced roster tend to do well, its the key to a premiership in many cases.

look at manly and the panthers. top 4 sides floundering near or in the bottom 4. even souths are battling, undefeated for 200 days including 6 Nines games and now doing crap.

broncos and dragons dont have too many injuries though.
Consistency is only good when you're playing well,
When you are all over the place as far as form goes. Who wants to be consistent at that.
i honestly dont think we have been as all over the place as the scorelines suggest.

bulldogs were CRAP. roosters were ON. thats at least a 20 point differential right there between a premiership contender and pretender. add in a few bs calls and a bit of weakness with our edge defence (somewhere the dogs never really tested us) and i think that accounts for most of the difference between round 8 and 9.

obviously there will be some variability in our form, but the differences weren't as stark as the scoreline suggests.

do people honestly still get surprised when teams get renamed after a thrashing? this is now the 3rd consecutive NRL coach to do it. i think they might know a bit more than the average punter, but hey maybe they all rocked up to the wrong interview and accidentally got the gig.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 12 May, 2015 8:43 pm

What a snore fest of a team.

This coach will get nowhere unless he gets tough and makes people accountable.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 12 May, 2015 8:51 pm

Nors05 wrote:The only way our youngsters are going to become consistent first graders is if they play in the same position week in week out. Glad we are sticking with the structure. Hopefully we can learn from our losses.
What is plan B???

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Unread post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Tue 12 May, 2015 8:59 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:its called consistency. teams without injuries and with a balanced roster tend to do well, its the key to a premiership in many cases.

look at manly and the panthers. top 4 sides floundering near or in the bottom 4. even souths are battling, undefeated for 200 days including 6 Nines games and now doing crap.

When you are all over the place as far as form goes. Who wants to be consistent at that.
i honestly dont think we have been as all over the place as the scorelines suggest.

bulldogs were CRAP. roosters were ON. thats at least a 20 point differential right there between a premiership contender and pretender. add in a few bs calls and a bit of weakness with our edge defence (somewhere the dogs never really tested us) and i think that accounts for most of the difference between round 8 and 9.

obviously there will be some variability in our form, but the differences weren't as stark as the scoreline suggests.

do people honestly still get surprised when teams get renamed after a thrashing? this is now the 3rd consecutive NRL coach to do it. i think they might know a bit more than the average punter, but hey maybe they all rocked up to the wrong interview and accidentally got the gig.
Roosters dominated us everywhere on the park and meekly rolled over to Canberra which sandwiched a performance against the Dogs that was more their doing really. We are carrying deadwood on the team who get a free ride every week not being accountable for their performances and this has gone on for years. Sironen for one has done nothing all season and shows no improvement and hardly does anything for an 80 min player. He's had 10+ runs only twice this year and hasn't been able to crack 100m once. Someone living off their name rather than performances and I'm not quite certain what people see in him.
Last edited by Tuiaki Chicken Wings on Tue 12 May, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 12 May, 2015 9:01 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

I don't want to put the mockers on him , but what happened to the last two Coaches who did that repeatedly and how did we go ???? Players should know that if they don't put in that they"ll be replaced( within reason) if they aren't playing well, sometimes lower grade players who you wouldn't think of as good , play better in firsts with better players around them.
But they have to be tried before you can find out,

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 12 May, 2015 9:06 pm

Snake wrote:There lays the problem it is the plodders in the forwards that are the problem.
Are they really plodders. Woods, Galloway, Taupua, Sue, Ava and Lodge are in my opinion a great bunch of players playing up the middle. Sironen, Lovett and Halatau are not a bad set of edge backrowers.

I think we need some better backrowers but I think that Sironen and or Lovett or someone else will kick on. I think the front rowers/locks are pretty good. That aren't as good as the Roosters but they should be able to match up to that level of pack if they are playing to their ability.

krayola
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Tue 12 May, 2015 9:14 pm

Take out Simona and this is more or less the team that beat the Dogs. Didn't hear anyone complaining much then?

And if someone gets dropped, who should get promoted? It's worse to promote someone who doesn't deserve it than to drop someone just to make a point IMO

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 127 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 12 May, 2015 9:18 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Roosters dominated us everywhere on the park and meekly rolled over to Canberra which sandwiched a performance against the Dogs that was more their doing really. We are carrying deadwood on the team who get a free ride every week not being accountable for their performances and this has gone on for years. Sironen for one has done nothing all season and shows no improvement and hardly does anything for an 80 min player. He's had 10+ runs only twice this year and hasn't been able to crack 100m once. Someone living off their name rather than performances and I'm not quite certain what people see in him.
Maybe you could just start a Siro bashing thread - we would know what it is about and then not have to worry about reading it.
There were more than Siro that didn't stand up. But let's pick him out again to have a bash because his father played. Scheesh! :deadhorse:

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Tue 12 May, 2015 10:21 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:Players should know that if they don't put in that they"ll be replaced( within reason) if they aren't playing well, sometimes lower grade players who you wouldn't think of as good , play better in firsts with better players around them.
But they have to be tried before you can find out,
this is something i agree with totally and unfortunately just accept that this is not the road the club has taken. they have chosen who to invest in and are sticking to the path. it will either work or it wont, but i guess if you are going to choose a path to go down, you may as well keep going as far as it goes to see where it takes you...even if it is the big bad wolf waiting there?!!!!

TJL
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by TJL » Tue 12 May, 2015 10:26 pm

Up there and the way they've been playing Knights by 12+

WTDiehard
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by WTDiehard » Tue 12 May, 2015 10:28 pm

On one hand you have to say JT is showing faith in his 17 by selecting them week in week out.

Our options in NSW Cup are not great.....we have Nofo who returned last week from injury, Moltzen, Lulia and Drinkwater.......I'm all for stability but another performance like the one against the Roosters and it would not hurt to mix it around just a little.

fairdinkum

Unread post by fairdinkum » Tue 12 May, 2015 10:38 pm

WTDiehard wrote:On one hand you have to say JT is showing faith in his 17 by selecting them week in week out.

Our options in NSW Cup are not great.....we have Nofo who returned last week from injury, Moltzen, Lulia and Drinkwater.......I'm all for stability but another performance like the one against the Roosters and it would not hurt to mix it around just a little.

our backline after the bye should look like this -

1 - Teddy
2 - Kevie
3 - Nofo
4 - Simona
5 - Patty
6 - Moses
7 - Brooks

I think that looks pretty decent. Just need the boys in the middle to protect Moses and Brooks a bit better. I reckon Moses has given too much of his energy to his D this year and has gone missing way too much in the attacking line. His protectors should be scrutinised a bit more closely rather then people having a go at Moses's lack of flair this year.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 12 May, 2015 10:40 pm

Side named was to be expected. I hope Nofo can force his way back in soon, preferably in the centres. I still think Taylor can tweak this side to offer more impact off the bench. I'd start Ava in place of Galloway and Sue in place of Taupau - that gives us a definite edge over the Knights this way IMO.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 399 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 12 May, 2015 10:47 pm

TJL wrote:Up there and the way they've been playing Knights by 12+
Have you watched any Knights games in the last 5 weeks...

Taylor has given this side a chance at redemption for there poor showing last week that builds belief....the funny thing is bar Simona and Nofoaluma (both outside backs I might add that don't normally effect the result that often)...the named side at the beginning of the year had people excited...

I'm also sure people haven't been paying much attention to State Cup as no one is jumping up demanding to be picked...Luiani has been the best most consistent player that selection will go down a treat...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Return to “Round 10: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”