If you can't win a scrum you don't deserve to win a game

foreveratiger

Re: If you can't win a scrum you don't deserve to win a game

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:59 am

That's it happy and when we are running low on experience out there these things are bound to happen.
Panic will happen.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:06 am

foreveratiger wrote:That's it happy and when we are running low on experience out there these things are bound to happen.
Panic will happen.
But you'd think the bloke with 231 games for the WT 's , 11 SOO games and 8 Tests , would stop look at the clock , see we had time , told us to pack our scrum properly (which would of taken what 30 seconds at most ) , called Brooks over and work out what play they were working towards and then followed through

And this is the bloke that will (C) your state in 9 days

Wasting time in this instance was going to be a good thing if we scored , it would put the pressure back on the Knights

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:33 am

happy tiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:That's it happy and when we are running low on experience out there these things are bound to happen.
Panic will happen.
But you'd think the bloke with 231 games for the WT 's , 11 SOO games and 8 Tests , would stop look at the clock , see we had time , told us to pack our scrum properly (which would of taken what 30 seconds at most ) , called Brooks over and work out what play they were working towards and then followed through

And this is the bloke that will (C) your state in 9 days

Wasting time in this instance was going to be a good thing if we scored , it would put the pressure back on the Knights
Farah hasn't been with it for a long-time, you can see it. Whether people want to argue that JT has changed the way he plays is another topic.
He's not playing like he's Origin position is in jeopardy either, very complacent.

I fear Cherrington could be lost in all this.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:14 am

If we lose Cherrington what would happen next? Going on WT's forward thinking they would extend Halautau's contract for another couple of years.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:24 pm

loved it... Bring back the refereeing of the scrums!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 May, 2015 3:49 pm

Reminded me of the 2010 final against Roosters.

I knew we were gonna stuff up the opportunity, we had hardly gelled all day, BUT I did not expect not to get the ball from the scrum.

How many chances do we need at their line in the last 10 to actually win it?

mc1984

Post by mc1984 » Mon 18 May, 2015 5:59 pm

Scrum practice is not needed. The rule states that the hookers must be first to strike the ball. It was clearly the front row forward who struck first. Should have been a penalty and the ref was right there.

Bones

Post by Bones » Mon 18 May, 2015 7:26 pm

foreveratiger wrote:What is comical is that our Coach used to be halfback, you would think he'd have this area covered feeding the scrum.
This turned the game for me and Farahs grubber on tackle 4 when we had a whole backline set to the left.
I wouldn't have thought an NRL coach should need to teach players how to pack/feed a scrum, especially since they are basically uncontested. It's just another example of the lack of attention to detail this side has.

I think it was the dragons game yesterday where there was a scrum and you could hear 1 player saying "watch the push". The Wests Tigers don't even think about such details because they're too busy wondering what to do next.

Unfortunately it will keep happening until either we bring I some good experience or the younger guys learn.

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Mon 18 May, 2015 7:57 pm

mc1984 wrote:Scrum practice is not needed. The rule states that the hookers must be first to strike the ball. It was clearly the front row forward who struck first. Should have been a penalty and the ref was right there.
Seriously? maybe if he put in front of the locks feet instead of in the Middle it wouldn't have happened.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:39 pm

Interesting comments by Taylor... This is the first time we have heard him be critical of Brooks.

But as mc1984 stated, the hooker is the only player allowed to strike at the ball but this element of scrums has been overlooked for 2 decades.

#bringbackthescrum
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017