So what is different from the 2 Potter years??

hobbo
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 84 times

So what is different from the 2 Potter years??

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:38 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Snake wrote:Potter had no say on anything, had no support from anyone ,white anted by the assistant coaches and a vendetta by the Captain of the club and the team while staying fit were certainly performing might I say a lot better than at present. Fast forward Taylor has all the support has most things that are required has the say on most things and has a love in with the captain and as seen of late a very poor performing footy team with basically no injuries . My thoughts I never liked how Potter was treated and I liked it a lot less with the performance of the captain in the later part of last season ..at this stage I rate Potter well in front and Taylor a poor second at this stage .I could not imagine Taylor getting anything from the team with what poor Potter had to put up with.
Exactly. Potter copped it and Taylor has had it so easy. Potter was heaps better though.
Even Sheens was better than Taylor , at least we had set plays from scrums and we could rack up points !!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:41 pm

This season with Taylor as coach and our player funding position is the most disgraceful in the club's history.

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:42 pm

rex2ce wrote:I was at the game today and would like to share some observations-
The team looked half asleep during warm up and when running onto the field,their play makes it look as if they have never met the player alongside them
There is no game plan
Woods, Galloway and Tapau off at the same time again and Tapau had an extended rest
Moses has a heart bigger than Pharlap, but is not a first grader at this stage of his career
Has Sironen ever made a break or at the least busted a tackle?
Perennial plodders Gidley and Roberts were made to look like world beaters
Knights looked dangerous every time they were in our 20
Tigers inevitably dropped the ball or threw a miracle pass in their 20
There is minimal improvement in this team over recent years and they are no longer exciting to watch
We will still be making excuses for this side in 5 years
Maybe Taylor should fall on his sword and we get a coach with two big ones prepared to make tough selection decisions
We had one last year.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:42 pm

The players did look a little to relaxed today.I made the comment to my mates that they looked like they had taken stilnox before the game. Got to be up to the coach to gee these blokes up.Whovever the coach is they got to stand up and be heard.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:44 pm

Newtown wrote:I agree that Potter was a better coach than Taylor is showing. The sad part is that Taylor appears very arrogant as if he has a guaranteed job for the next two years no badly how the team performs. All he has to say is that this team has potential but may take some time to show it.
Its killing me this. Potter was humble but appears to be much better at his job than an arrogant moron.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:49 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Newtown wrote:Did Taylor again say that he was happy with today's effort and that his halves are playing in first grade on the premises of gaining experience? With two babies and a shackled centre in our backline no wonder our backline was going nowhere and an embarrassment I am sure that he didn't see Drinkwater and Moltzen's efforts in State Cup today. Most coaches, i.e. Parramatta's Brad Arthur have courage to shake a team's personnel list an effort to improve their team.
You'd have to shoot someone on the way to the game to get dropped from this team.....and even then I wouldn't be surprised if that was still ok

Yeah I had hoped that the lack of accountability and rewarding of mediocrity would've gone along with the Sheens era, but it appears to be alive and well again under Taylor. There must be a lot of players with some serious dirt on our coaches/officials :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:54 pm

rex2ce wrote:I was at the game today and would like to share some observations-
The team looked half asleep during warm up and when running onto the field,their play makes it look as if they have never met the player alongside them
There is no game plan
Woods, Galloway and Tapau off at the same time again and Tapau had an extended rest
Moses has a heart bigger than Pharlap, but is not a first grader at this stage of his career
Has Sironen ever made a break or at the least busted a tackle?
Perennial plodders Gidley and Roberts were made to look like world beaters
Knights looked dangerous every time they were in our 20
Tigers inevitably dropped the ball or threw a miracle pass in their 20
There is minimal improvement in this team over recent years and they are no longer exciting to watch
We will still be making excuses for this side in 5 years
Maybe Taylor should fall on his sword and we get a coach with two big ones prepared to make tough selection decisions
Thanks for your observations Rex. Yes I can see where you are coming from when you say the team looked half asleep as in the main that's how they played. To me it looked like they were rarely wanting ti take control but rather continued to go through the motions apart for a few occasions when someone decided to break out like our young halves but this was rare. I thought Nofo's game picked up as the game went on. I don't know what Taylor will do with Lawrence when Simona returns. I have been a supporter of Sauce since he joined us but he is plodding along offering little mongrel. I didn't time his minutes but Kapow doesnt get enough time on the field. Agree with your point about Siro, big enough to hold a bull out to pee but doesnt want to go outside its too cold. JT's honeymoon period is well and truely over time to show some leadership in relation to uping the team intensity in defence and attack and making individuals contribute more to the team. One last observation, I support Farah until the sinsets but that kick he put into the knights ingaol early in the count when we were building momentum and may have scored was a massive anti-climax, please Robbie leave the big plays out unless it's a possible result on the 5th.

Return to “Round 10: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”