So what is different from the 2 Potter years??

BlackandGoldForever

So what is different from the 2 Potter years??

Unread post by BlackandGoldForever » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:33 pm

Just wondering what's different from the 2 Potter years I see no change from 2013. apart form not getting flogged as much in games, started the season off good again then falling apart same time of year with the same dumb mistakes. and Today just add another dumb thing to our Resume where we handed any chance we had to win by something that NEVER happens in 2015 with head against the feed.

The team has not got any better or worse since 2012 4 wins 6 losses same position pretty much as the last few years. only difference is a new coach and a better forward pack

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 347 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:37 pm

Naiqama...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:38 pm

The difference is that under Potter we could blame injuries, no such luck this year.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:39 pm

I see no difference and ive been saying that for weeks now.

There is a softness and lack of spark in this team of Taylors. They almost look bored and tired out there.Add confused.

Results not hype.

strrretch

Unread post by strrretch » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:42 pm

Yeah, is not looking much different.
Maybe the defence is a little better.
Instead of running sideways in attack we are running straight, but mostly one out.
Would be nice to see more ballplay in attack, but it seems to end up as dropped ball more often than not

overseastigersfan

Unread post by overseastigersfan » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:45 pm

We got nothing, besides Simona that was probably our best team. Taylor welcomed last weeks defeat for the lessons and gauge, but it doesn't look like we learnt a thing. Out enthused again, one luck try, and lazy bit of defence from Scott saw Brooks score. I was liking the rhetoric and the effort that was being put in, but got to take my Tigers coloured glasses off, we not nothing.

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:46 pm

There's also a distinct lack of attitude this time around. I remember us getting up Manly, Souths and the Dogs last year. We're not too different from last year; we lost Blair but promoted Taupau, Sue and Ava are both playing better, Lodge is arguably better than Gavet, there's just no desire to dominate.
I love Woodsy but it almost seems like he's achieved his goals now, he plays for his state and country and is recognized as one of the premier props in the game.
Marty will beat half the opposition on one run then find it backed up by a spread to a flat footed Sironen or Lovett rather than Ava, Sue or Woodsy charging up the guts.
Phil Gould said we're a big team, so why aren't we playing like it?

overseastigersfan

Unread post by overseastigersfan » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:46 pm

We got nothing, besides Simona that was probably our best team. Taylor welcomed last weeks defeat for the lessons and gauge, but it doesn't look like we learnt a thing. Out enthused again, one luck try, and lazy bit of defence from Scott saw Brooks score. I was liking the rhetoric and the effort that was being put in, but got to take my Tigers coloured glasses off, we got nothing.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:54 pm

I just cant understand what Taylor is trying to achieve in attack? We have even stopped our set plays from the scrums. Our kicking game is woeful! But as others have adhered to we look disheartened and disinterested. Not good when we are so close to the spoon position.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:58 pm

Did Taylor again say that he was happy with today's effort and that his halves are playing in first grade on the premises of gaining experience? With two babies and a shackled centre in our backline no wonder our backline was going nowhere and an embarrassment I am sure that he didn't see Drinkwater and Moltzen's efforts in State Cup today. Most coaches, i.e. Parramatta's Brad Arthur have courage to shake a team's personnel list an effort to improve their team.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:05 pm

Luke Brooks

Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 104 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:07 pm

sheer64 wrote:I just cant understand what Taylor is trying to achieve in attack? We have even stopped our set plays from the scrums. Our kicking game is woeful! But as others have adhered to we look disheartened and disinterested. Not good when we are so close to the spoon position.
I have been saying for weeks our attack sucks.
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:12 pm

Newtown wrote:Did Taylor again say that he was happy with today's effort and that his halves are playing in first grade on the premises of gaining experience? With two babies and a shackled centre in our backline no wonder our backline was going nowhere and an embarrassment I am sure that he didn't see Drinkwater and Moltzen's efforts in State Cup today. Most coaches, i.e. Parramatta's Brad Arthur have courage to shake a team's personnel list an effort to improve their team.
You'd have to shoot someone on the way to the game to get dropped from this team.....and even then I wouldn't be surprised if that was still ok

Russell
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 120 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:13 pm

Agree it was not a good performance.

Halves I thought played ok in a beaten side.

Why were they beaten? Easy.

The forwards didn't stand up again - This week Marty included.

No good of rubbishing the halves and backs if the forwards don't go forward.

But the blame where it belongs.

Snake
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:16 pm

Potter had no say on anything, had no support from anyone ,white anted by the assistant coaches and a vendetta by the Captain of the club and the team while staying fit were certainly performing might I say a lot better than at present. Fast forward Taylor has all the support has most things that are required has the say on most things and has a love in with the captain and as seen of late a very poor performing footy team with basically no injuries . My thoughts I never liked how Potter was treated and I liked it a lot less with the performance of the captain in the later part of last season ..at this stage I rate Potter well in front and Taylor a poor second at this stage .I could not imagine Taylor getting anything from the team with what poor Potter had to put up with.

rex2ce
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by rex2ce » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:28 pm

I was at the game today and would like to share some observations-
The team looked half asleep during warm up and when running onto the field,their play makes it look as if they have never met the player alongside them
There is no game plan
Woods, Galloway and Tapau off at the same time again and Tapau had an extended rest
Moses has a heart bigger than Pharlap, but is not a first grader at this stage of his career
Has Sironen ever made a break or at the least busted a tackle?
Perennial plodders Gidley and Roberts were made to look like world beaters
Knights looked dangerous every time they were in our 20
Tigers inevitably dropped the ball or threw a miracle pass in their 20
There is minimal improvement in this team over recent years and they are no longer exciting to watch
We will still be making excuses for this side in 5 years
Maybe Taylor should fall on his sword and we get a coach with two big ones prepared to make tough selection decisions

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:29 pm

Snake wrote:Potter had no say on anything, had no support from anyone ,white anted by the assistant coaches and a vendetta by the Captain of the club and the team while staying fit were certainly performing might I say a lot better than at present. Fast forward Taylor has all the support has most things that are required has the say on most things and has a love in with the captain and as seen of late a very poor performing footy team with basically no injuries . My thoughts I never liked how Potter was treated and I liked it a lot less with the performance of the captain in the later part of last season ..at this stage I rate Potter well in front and Taylor a poor second at this stage .I could not imagine Taylor getting anything from the team with what poor Potter had to put up with.
Exactly. Potter copped it and Taylor has had it so easy. Potter was heaps better though.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:37 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Snake wrote:Potter had no say on anything, had no support from anyone ,white anted by the assistant coaches and a vendetta by the Captain of the club and the team while staying fit were certainly performing might I say a lot better than at present. Fast forward Taylor has all the support has most things that are required has the say on most things and has a love in with the captain and as seen of late a very poor performing footy team with basically no injuries . My thoughts I never liked how Potter was treated and I liked it a lot less with the performance of the captain in the later part of last season ..at this stage I rate Potter well in front and Taylor a poor second at this stage .I could not imagine Taylor getting anything from the team with what poor Potter had to put up with.
Exactly. Potter copped it and Taylor has had it so easy. Potter was heaps better though.
I agree that Potter was a better coach than Taylor is showing. The sad part is that Taylor appears very arrogant as if he has a guaranteed job for the next two years no badly how the team performs. All he has to say is that this team has potential but may take some time to show it.
Last edited by Newtown on Sun 17 May, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Round 10: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”