Shocker

Tigermama

Shocker

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:35 pm

The team had a shocker of a game. Defence was ordinary, attack non existent, 5th tackle options unimaginative and predictable. Not to mention the dropped balls from high kicks. Mosses kicking it out on the full , knights get the ball from our scrum etc. etc. etc. Boy i can go on and on. It was the usual frustrating game, but today i actually found watching our boys play, BORING!
I never thought i would see the day when our Tiges play boring football.
Knights were bad too, but we were worse! Changes need to be made, but not sure how we can manage that, as we don't have a lot of depth. But something needs to improve and fast. I guess they didn't learn anything from the Roosters game. More full me, for expecting a better perfomance this week. :bawling
End of rant. I feel better now i got it out of my system. :(

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:48 pm

We were also very boring in games against the Titans and Eels. And we won those games. Just no real spark about them at all.

Twmba Tigerman

Unread post by Twmba Tigerman » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:49 pm

I with you Tigermama. Very ordinary game and some players that are considered safe in the team need to look at themselves. My thoughts north of the border is that Brooks and Moses have far too much pressure on them for what they do for the team. I reckon both are going okay and will develop into something solid. I am a big fan of Sironen but have a good look at his stats and impact on the game. Not much happening there. Big Keith also does little to impact the result of the game. Other forum criticism of Farrah is also justified as his form is very ordinary and unfortunately time is coming for Chris Lawrence. Family has been on suicide watch tonight as I get over another loss.
"Bleeding Gold Black and White" to the end.

Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 99 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:53 pm

Richards was ordinary,Noffa not a centre,Teddy can't catch bombs,Sirro does nothing and Farah was bad, but we got a cheated by the officials, Farah should have marched us off just to stick it up the NRL.
Go hard or go home

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:56 pm

If rumours were to be believed then I'm shocked that Taylor got the job on the strength of his powerpoint presentations. All the talk about this grand old structure he had planned, but without any knowledge of our squad as individuals. All the video footage in the world can't tell you what blokes are like on the training paddock, their capacity to learn or improve, or their potential as people.
It was a terrible game, and though JT will trot out the same quotes about "learning experiences", I hope he realizes that it also applies to him. He has a long way to go as a first grade coach.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 17 May, 2015 6:59 pm

Tigermama wrote:The team had a shocker of a game. Defence was ordinary, attack non existent, 5th tackle options unimaginative and predictable. Not to mention the dropped balls from high kicks. Mosses kicking it out on the full , knights get the ball from our scrum etc. etc. etc. Boy i can go on and on. It was the usual frustrating game, but today i actually found watching our boys play, BORING!
Knights were bad too, but we were worse! Changes need to be made, but not sure how we can manage that, as we don't have a lot of depth. But something needs to improve and fast. I guess they didn't learn anything from the Roosters game. More full me, for expecting a better perfomance this week. :bawling
Have to agree we have become boring in attack.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:05 pm

Tigermama wrote:The team had a shocker of a game. Defence was ordinary, attack non existent, 5th tackle options unimaginative and predictable. Not to mention the dropped balls from high kicks. Mosses kicking it out on the full , knights get the ball from our scrum etc. etc. etc. Boy i can go on and on. It was the usual frustrating game, but today i actually found watching our boys play, BORING!
Too bad Taylor doesn't listen to honest comments made by true Wests Tigers supporters. I am starting to think that Taylor is just as arrogant as his captain Farah. The team has become a shambles - no wonder Austin couldn't wait to get away from the biased halves favouritism that confronted him at WT.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:05 pm

It was a rubbish performance to say the least
Really frustrating to watch that unfold.

To me the bench rotation looked in all sorts today.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:12 pm

NJLM78 wrote:We were also very boring in games against the Titans and Eels. And we won those games. Just no real spark about them at all.
Yep. The coach needs to look at what is going on and fix it.

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:21 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:If rumours were to be believed then I'm shocked that Taylor got the job on the strength of his powerpoint presentations. All the talk about this grand old structure he had planned, but without any knowledge of our squad as individuals. All the video footage in the world can't tell you what blokes are like on the training paddock, their capacity to learn or improve, or their potential as people.
It was a terrible game, and though JT will trot out the same quotes about "learning experiences", I hope he realizes that it also applies to him. He has a long way to go as a first grade coach.
Agreed Vanilla. As much as we were inept, and as harsh as the decisions appeared to be against us, I reckon that was a coach's loss as much as anything else. Apart from the fact that I am now bored witless watching our games, we are no more successful.

supercoach
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 72 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:25 pm

Terrible game and the Knights would have been spanked by most other clubs on today's performance.I am still willing to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt but it is getting harder and harder as each week rolls on

Coasttiger

Unread post by Coasttiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:32 pm

Our "senior" players show absolutely no leadership when a game like this is on the line.

Stupid errors and options cost us again. Senior players are not standing up at crucial times.

We need to recruit some calm old heads who are used to winning the tight games.

Bottom 4 this year if we cannot win these type of game.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:34 pm

Moses looked alright, least there was that.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:53 pm

We just don't have a game plan not one that works anyway. 5th tackle options were almost identical to last weeks so the lessons learnt were?. Everything is structured around a defence that just isn't in the players list of fortes and the attack has been coached totally out of us. We are being coached identical to a Roosters team that has a totally different calibre of players.
Change is required coach around our strengths and adopt game plans accordingly.

rex2ce
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by rex2ce » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:58 pm

Naqaima has a fantastic haircut, but is wasted space as an NRL player

WTDiehard
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by WTDiehard » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:01 pm

Boring Boring Boring........I'm really starting to lose interest in this season. Most Tigers matches have me on the edge of my seat but I'm getting to that "who cares" stage already.

This team lacks the will to win & the "know how" to win. The match was really on the line today at 12-12 and we had some really good chances to win but each time we turned the ball over, stupid plays , not to mention the scrum loss against the feed......you just have to say that our team ATM are not really good enough to win week in week out. We will have some good weeks but most will be frustrating like today was.

It will be interesting to see how we go while Farah is on origin duty. Personally I think he offers very little for his $900k a year. Slow around the ruck, slow service to ball runners....everything here is a sign of a bloke in his early 30's and past his best.

JT obviously is trying to instill some structures in this team but we just aren't playing attractive footy, I can put my finger on it but having the forwards run 4 single plays, then use the 5th on the backs and then the high bomb for the last tackle really is so predictable ATM its not funny. Boring Boring Boring.

Wake me up when we start playing footy again.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:04 pm

rex2ce wrote:Naqaima has a fantastic haircut, but is wasted space as an NRL player
Ouch.. thats uncool

He has been consistent so far this season for us.
Doesnt set the world on fire but not much more i'd ask of him

Black Orange White

Unread post by Black Orange White » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:07 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
rex2ce wrote:Naqaima has a fantastic haircut, but is wasted space as an NRL player
Ouch.. thats uncool

He has been consistent so far this season for us.
Doesnt set the world on fire but not much more i'd ask of him
He's mediocre to average. In a team like Souths he's fine because he's one of the worst starters but in our team he's one of our best which speaks volumes about our talent. I hope we didn't pay him too much.

Return to “Round 10: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”