Shocker

alexaki

Shocker

Post by alexaki » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:14 pm

NJLM78 wrote:We were also very boring in games against the Titans and Eels. And we won those games. Just no real spark about them at all.
The way all NRL teams play boring today.. The game is not what it was 10 yrs ago

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:14 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:We just don't have a game plan not one that works anyway. 5th tackle options were almost identical to last weeks so the lessons learnt were?. Everything is structured around a defence that just isn't in the players list of fortes and the attack has been coached totally out of us. We are being coached identical to a Roosters team that has a totally different calibre of players.
Change is required coach around our strengths and adopt game plans accordingly.

That last sentence is spot on, EODT! What's the point of trying to adopt the exact type of game plan with a totally different type of team? Sure, some elements of the Roosters old game plans may be used, but a good coach should be able to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of each individual and work out a new game plan from there, not just try to implement a carbon copy of the structures from his previous squad. Well said, mate.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:17 pm

What i thought was a shocker was the ball bouncing off Teddy's chest as he went to catch it

For a Fullback in the mix for NSW that was a schoolboy error

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:18 pm

Idk what's missing. We have footballer and athletes all around the park. Honestly, our 1-17 is first grade material. Our coaching team is not too bad either.

Is it just the inexperience? We do seem boring- it's frustrating to not see results but I don't know how long we'll have to wait for that.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:21 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:If rumours were to be believed then I'm shocked that Taylor got the job on the strength of his powerpoint presentations. All the talk about this grand old structure he had planned, but without any knowledge of our squad as individuals. All the video footage in the world can't tell you what blokes are like on the training paddock, their capacity to learn or improve, or their potential as people.
It was a terrible game, and though JT will trot out the same quotes about "learning experiences", I hope he realizes that it also applies to him. He has a long way to go as a first grade coach.
Vanilla, your last two sentences just about sum it up for me, very disappointed in todays lacklustre effort on the heels of being smashed last week. Coach needs to drive the team to a big improvement next Saturday night otherwise it might be time to get Potter back to support him. JT can concentrate on his structure and Potter can make the hard decisions.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:22 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Idk what's missing. We have footballer and athletes all around the park. Honestly, our 1-17 is first grade material. Our coaching team is not too bad either.

Is it just the inexperience? We do seem boring- it's frustrating to not see results but I don't know how long we'll have to wait for that.

Agree .. We have talent
Think we are missing confidence.
We seem to be missing that ONE match winner, like we used to have in Benji
One that does something, backs himself.

We are too tamed to be called the tigers at the moment.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:23 pm

Twmba Tigerman wrote:I with you Tigermama. Very ordinary game and some players that are considered safe in the team need to look at themselves. My thoughts north of the border is that Brooks and Moses have far too much pressure on them for what they do for the team. I reckon both are going okay and will develop into something solid. I am a big fan of Sironen but have a good look at his stats and impact on the game. Not much happening there. Big Keith also does little to impact the result of the game. Other forum criticism of Farrah is also justified as his form is very ordinary and unfortunately time is coming for Chris Lawrence. Family has been on suicide watch tonight as I get over another loss.
LOL..On the last sentence TT :lol:
I can relate. Family and I are all sulking :(

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:37 pm

WTDiehard wrote:Boring Boring Boring........I'm really starting to lose interest in this season. Most Tigers matches have me on the edge of my seat but I'm getting to that "who cares" stage already.

This team lacks the will to win & the "know how" to win. The match was really on the line today at 12-12 and we had some really good chances to win but each time we turned the ball over, stupid plays , not to mention the scrum loss against the feed......you just have to say that our team ATM are not really good enough to win week in week out. We will have some good weeks but most will be frustrating like today was.

It will be interesting to see how we go while Farah is on origin duty. Personally I think he offers very little for his $900k a year. Slow around the ruck, slow service to ball runners....everything here is a sign of a bloke in his early 30's and past his best.

JT obviously is trying to instill some structures in this team but we just aren't playing attractive footy, I can put my finger on it but having the forwards run 4 single plays, then use the 5th on the backs and then the high bomb for the last tackle really is so predictable ATM its not funny. Boring Boring Boring.

Wake me up when we start playing footy again.

My sentiments exactly WTD!

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:40 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:If rumours were to be believed then I'm shocked that Taylor got the job on the strength of his powerpoint presentations. All the talk about this grand old structure he had planned, but without any knowledge of our squad as individuals. All the video footage in the world can't tell you what blokes are like on the training paddock, their capacity to learn or improve, or their potential as people.
It was a terrible game, and though JT will trot out the same quotes about "learning experiences", I hope he realizes that it also applies to him. He has a long way to go as a first grade coach.
Only from Coogee to Concord - not such a long way.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:45 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Idk what's missing. We have footballer and athletes all around the park. Honestly, our 1-17 is first grade material. Our coaching team is not too bad either.

Agree .. We have talent

Wests Tigers lost all of their match winners, Benji, Austin, Koro and even Bodene Thompson. We traded some of these for players like Moses who certainly hasn't shown anything as a 1st grade 5/8 that looks match winning.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:47 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Moses looked alright, least there was that.
He had a couple of good runs and defended well, but he needs to improve his passing and kicking game. He was a tiny bright spark in a totally dull and boring game. :|

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:51 pm

alexaki wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:We were also very boring in games against the Titans and Eels. And we won those games. Just no real spark about them at all.
The way all NRL teams play boring today.. The game is not what it was 10 yrs ago

Watch the Warriors play Alexaki. Nothing boring about them.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:15 pm

alexaki wrote:

its only boring when we lose - trust me

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:18 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:We just don't have a game plan not one that works anyway. 5th tackle options were almost identical to last weeks so the lessons learnt were?. Everything is structured around a defence that just isn't in the players list of fortes and the attack has been coached totally out of us. We are being coached identical to a Roosters team that has a totally different calibre of players.
Change is required coach around our strengths and adopt game plans accordingly.

That last sentence is spot on, EODT! What's the point of trying to adopt the exact type of game plan with a totally different type of team? Sure, some elements of the Roosters old game plans may be used, but a good coach should be able to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of each individual and work out a new game plan from there, not just try to implement a carbon copy of the structures from his previous squad. Well said, mate.
Totally agree...

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:33 pm

Newtown wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:

Agree .. We have talent

Wests Tigers lost all of their match winners, Benji, Austin, Koro and even Bodene Thompson. We traded some of these for players like Moses who certainly hasn't shown anything as a 1st grade 5/8 that looks match winning.
They lost there jerseys as well.....?!
Bring back the attack and orange jerseys
Remove the boring faction feom the club..,

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:38 pm

Sometimes I feel they just don't care. When they lost that scrum against the feed, I said to my son - watch this , they'll go up the other end and score now. What happened....? Predictability happened. Yeah, Moses made two decent runs....when the defence in front of him was non existant. Sheesh, Collis or Ayshford could have done that. Not his fault though if he's being told to withhold his enthusiasm. Who knows wtf is being said by the coach? I wonder if the Potter bashers are still happy?

biceps

Post by biceps » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:38 pm

While its hard not to like Naiqama, the guy is a liability. He conceeds at least 1 try a game, sometimes 3

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:52 pm

Siro is just a big cat. Offers nothing for his size.