Re: Shocker

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 17 May, 2015 10:01 pm

I couldnt find the right post to have a whinge in so i will start here

What the hell is wrong with some of the boys giving away stupid Penalties
Hand in the ruck is a no no, refs always pick on that
laying all over someone or pushing them down with your head aint much better
Kyle lovett , looks like Bryce Gibbs and gives dumb penalties like him away too
Tell the kid this is FG, dumb tactics do not work

Breaks my heart to see hard work from Marty, Woodsy and others go to waste when we give away avoidable penalties

End of rant

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 May, 2015 10:01 pm

wd in perth wrote:Sometimes I feel they just don't care. When they lost that scrum against the feed, I said to my son - watch this , they'll go up the other end and score now. What happened....? Predictability happened. Yeah, Moses made two decent runs....when the defence in front of him was non existant. Sheesh, Collis or Ayshford could have done that. Not his fault though if he's being told to withhold his enthusiasm. Who knows wtf is being said by the coach? I wonder if the Potter bashers are still happy?

It's frightening how often you can predict those types of things happening during our matches. Much like the obligatory try conceded on halftime, which usually happens around 80% percent of the time.

It does seem like they just don't care at times, despite all the rhetoric to the contrary. I know one thing for sure though - I am beginning not to care, because I'm not the least bit upset that we lost today. In fact, I hardly get upset at losing at all anymore and THAT is what's really scaring me. This team, this club and the continuous circles they seem to go around in, has just zapped the passion out of me.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 May, 2015 10:06 pm

Newtown wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Idk what's missing. We have footballer and athletes all around the park. Honestly, our 1-17 is first grade material. Our coaching team is not too bad either.

Is it just the inexperience? We do seem boring- it's frustrating to not see results but I don't know how long we'll have to wait for that.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Agree .. We have talent
Think we are missing confidence.
We seem to be missing that ONE match winner, like we used to have in Benji
One that does something, backs himself.

We are too tamed to be called the tigers at the moment.
Wests Tigers lost all of their match winners, Benji, Austin, Koro and even Bodene Thompson. We traded some of these for players like Moses who certainly hasn't shown anything as a 1st grade 5/8 that looks match winning.
Lol Austin, Koro and Thompson match winners? I'll give you benji and possibly Austin coz he scored a few tries here and there with us but srsly Koro (a fast winger, who can finish a try) and bodene (a fringe first grader)- not really.

Maybe it's confidence as LTWT said. I don't think it's the lack of match winners, talent, skill, ability, passion etc. most players IMO are putting in 100%

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 May, 2015 10:12 pm

Richards probably had his worst game since he's come back to the club. Does he deserve to be crucified? No, but it should serve as a warning about giving him any contract that stretches beyond a yr. He's a yr to yr proposition.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 May, 2015 10:14 pm

no one can argue with that Axel

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:29 pm

Flippedy wrote:
wd in perth wrote:Sometimes I feel they just don't care. When they lost that scrum against the feed, I said to my son - watch this , they'll go up the other end and score now. What happened....? Predictability happened. Yeah, Moses made two decent runs....when the defence in front of him was non existant. Sheesh, Collis or Ayshford could have done that. Not his fault though if he's being told to withhold his enthusiasm. Who knows wtf is being said by the coach? I wonder if the Potter bashers are still happy?

It's frightening how often you can predict those types of things happening during our matches. Much like the obligatory try conceded on halftime, which usually happens around 80% percent of the time.

It does seem like they just don't care at times, despite all the rhetoric to the contrary. I know one thing for sure though - I am beginning not to care, because I'm not the least bit upset that we lost today. In fact, I hardly get upset at losing at all anymore and THAT is what's really scaring me. This team, this club and the continuous circles they seem to go around in, has just zapped the passion out of me.
It's sad that's happening Flip. We've had years of this sort of thing. Hope the team starts playing with heart and show some pride in the Jersey they wear. There seems to be a lot of complacency in the team. There's no consequences when they don't perform to their abilities. I thought that would change with JT as coach. But no it's the same old, same old. :roll:

coopy

Post by coopy » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:15 am

I have read a lot here this evening and I think a key point has been missed - variation.

The general attacking structure is ok without being brilliant. Pretty bog standard actually. The issue for mine is that the structure should be the platform in which to launch an attack. At the moment it is the crescendo or pinnacle.

I think our yardage is ok, it's just our last tackle options that lack vision and we are bereft of ideas when in the opposition's red zone. We still seem to play the same football whether we are a metre out from our try line or a metre out from the oppositions.

Gus made a good point today when referring to Moses. He said that he thought that Moses looked much more comfortable when he could play what was in front of him and wondered if the flair was being coached out of him?

Perhaps JT is too controlling and demanding regarding "his" structures? Remember, JT was never flamboyant when he played either. He steered teams around well but always very disciplined and structured.

Perhaps he needs to let the boys go with their natural instincts occasionally and play some footy.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 1:37 am

Black Orange White wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
rex2ce wrote:Naqaima has a fantastic haircut, but is wasted space as an NRL player
Ouch.. thats uncool

He has been consistent so far this season for us.
Doesnt set the world on fire but not much more i'd ask of him
He's mediocre to average. In a team like Souths he's fine because he's one of the worst starters but in our team he's one of our best which speaks volumes about our talent. I hope we didn't pay him too much.
On the wing so far, he has been consistently one of our best, and that's where he should have been yesterday, trouble is neither Noffa or Kevin is a centre.
He wasn't great yesterday , but the same goes for three quarters of the team.
Going on how hard it is to get dropped from this team, even without SOO, he will be there next week and hopefully be back to his best
I thought that Brooks was ok in patches ,and tried hard , and even though I thought that Moses showed a lot of courage again, he still adds very little to the team,
I wish some of our forwards were as gutsy as him though.
Did anyone hear anything about Taupau getting an injury? I thought that JT had forgotten about him in the second half, and when he got on , he didn't seem like his usual self.