Let them Play

Cheffo

Let them Play

Unread post by Cheffo » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:00 pm

I was more than happy for JT and come in and put in the structure, particularly in defence but we just don't have the cattle to match opposition. We defending much better, but it's hard to see points coming with these attacking structures. Let the young boys off the leash in attack please. We need to score 20+ points to win our games and we can't do playing this style in attack. We saw glimpses from Brooks, Tedesco and Moses today when they didn't have to stick to the structure. Let them play!

Has liked: 397 times
Been liked: 104 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:14 pm

Moses looks the most likely, you are right let Brooks, Moses and Teddy play what they see and think.
Go hard or go home

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Unread post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:17 pm

Let the kids be kids. I feel we are strangling the life out of their game

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Pokies

Unread post by Pokies » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:19 pm

It's very frustrating isn't it.
I'm all for a strong structure for us to play from but there needs to be some type of flexibility to the structure if the boys see something they can take advantage of.
At the moment it's just playing one out hit ups in a 5m corridor either side of the play the ball followed by a midfield bomb. The opposition defence just has to compress its line and pick off our runners one at a time. Then once we do get the ball down the other end it seems to be a hit up to the middle followed by an out the back play to tedesco and hope he can create something.
At the moment we are just a very weak & poor imitation of the roosters.

krissy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by krissy » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:23 pm

Totally agree. They are with the club because of the way they play, so why now try to make them change it all? Let them play what they see and have confidence in their abilities. Worse case scenario, we lose, umm well yeah .

russelldp
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by russelldp » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:51 pm

Our young side is never going to out structure a team with Jeremy Smith and Beau Scott in it- they eat that stuff for breakfast!

Andrew Johns said it right last week - its crazy to play Brooks and Moses on either side in attack.

And don't get me started on those bloody useless mid field bombs...

I've never ever switched off a tigers game but fair dinkum, a couple of our games this year have nearly bored me to death.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:09 pm

Cheffo wrote:I was more than happy for JT and come in and put in the structure, particularly in defence but we just don't have the cattle to match opposition. We defending much better, but it's hard to see points coming with these attacking structures. Let the young boys off the leash in attack please. We need to score 20+ points to win our games and we can't do playing this style in attack. We saw glimpses from Brooks, Tedesco and Moses today when they didn't have to stick to the structure. Let them play!
Sounds like 05

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:18 pm

Cheffo wrote:I was more than happy for JT and come in and put in the structure, particularly in defence but we just don't have the cattle to match opposition. We defending much better, but it's hard to see points coming with these attacking structures. Let the young boys off the leash in attack please. We need to score 20+ points to win our games and we can't do playing this style in attack. We saw glimpses from Brooks, Tedesco and Moses today when they didn't have to stick to the structure. Let them play!
Sometimes the best form of defense is attack. We really do need to play what is in front of us, not bomb aimlessly on 5th tackle to capable running fullbacks!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 19 May, 2015 8:57 am

russelldp wrote:Our young side is never going to out structure a team with Jeremy Smith and Beau Scott in it- they eat that stuff for breakfast!

Andrew Johns said it right last week - its crazy to play Brooks and Moses on either side in attack.

And don't get me started on those bloody useless mid field bombs...

I've never ever switched off a tigers game but fair dinkum, a couple of our games this year have nearly bored me to death.

I Hear Ya RDP... I like to see our team mix it up a bit. Structure is needed , but nothing beats an exciting game of footy,and we haven't had much of that recently.

Return to “Round 10: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”