Robbie looked bored at halftime

Eddie

Robbie looked bored at halftime

Post by Eddie » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:38 pm

They spanned to the dressing room and he was there with his legs cross leaning back, staring into space. Maybe it was just the timing that looked bad but I said then there is not too much fire in the belly with the tactics we were using.

I am sure he would be very gun shy about saying even 1 word against the game plan or the tactics after last years disaster for him. We kicked a nice 40/20 but other then that he looked disinterested at did Woods for much the game.

Maybe it was just trying to get through the game for origin. . Maybe Taylor has sucked the life out of them or maybe they just lack aggression and attitude. However for our 2 best players they didn't look ready to do everything possible to drag us over the line in a crucial game in the context of the year.

We just look rudderless at the moment. Like I said its not a great team, but it should be doing better then it is. Hard to know where to point the finger, but losing to a dreadful Knights team after 5 straight losses rings alarm bells for the rest of the season.

He tried his best on the field. I just don't know if we are using his strengths an the teams flair to our advantage at all.
Last edited by Eddie on Sun 17 May, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:40 pm

Robbie and Woodsy probably can't wait until Origin time, so they can get some excitement back in their footballing lives!
Last edited by Flippedy on Sun 17 May, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:40 pm

If he only he was bored enough to retire. It would free up cap space and we could get someone in dummy half who can pass.

Tough comments I know but his service this year has been close to the level of Lee Jackson - the worst regular dummy half I have seen in 30 years of watching the game.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:44 pm

Flippedy wrote:Robbie and Woodsy probably can't wait until Origin time, so they can get some excitement back in their footballing lives!
I wonder if they feel for the Wests Tigers faithful fans who can't get any excitement either.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:45 pm

Farah is the new Gallen all he is concerned about at 31 is making huge money playing Origin and just putting in at club level ...he has it all his own way now he got rid of the only MAN that called him OUT!

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:48 pm

He still looks like he is sooking.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 17 May, 2015 7:50 pm

I was very bored at halftime too. That was one of the most boring games I have ever seen. Usually I get something out of every Tigers game. Not today. The difference in quality between that game and the Dragons v Raiders game before it was huge. Really glad I didn't make the trip to Newcastle for it.

Remember when Robbie used to go out and take control of games like that and get the competition points. Seems like a while ago.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:00 pm

Tough comments some of these. Thought he was pretty good all game.

Honestly, you cannot doubt woods, Farah, Taupau, Tedesco and moses' dedication in the game. They all try their best as far as I can see.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:02 pm

I don't think it is a happy team, still some agendas floating around, the only explanation for their current poor form

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:03 pm

southerntiger wrote:If he only he was bored enough to retire. It would free up cap space and we could get someone in dummy half who can pass.

Tough comments I know but his service this year has been close to the level of Lee Jackson - the worst regular dummy half I have seen in 30 years of watching the game.
This. I'm pretty sure we could get 4 good players for his money. Farah is not worth his money playing club football, and we are too talent struck to pay a player that much who as of now doesn't impact the game very much, forget about the rest of deal where he will be declining.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:03 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Tough comments some of these. Thought he was pretty good all game.

Honestly, you cannot doubt woods, Farah, Taupau, Tedesco and moses' dedication in the game. They all try their best as far as I can see.

No one doubts Robbie's commitment and dedication. He busts his ring out there. Unfortunately, there is more to success than effort.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:05 pm

Black Orange White wrote:
southerntiger wrote:If he only he was bored enough to retire. It would free up cap space and we could get someone in dummy half who can pass.

This. I'm pretty sure we could get 4 good players for his money. Farah is not worth his money playing club football, and we are too talent struck to pay a player that much who as of now doesn't impact the game very much, forget about the rest of deal where he will be declining.
You are right. Forget the fact that his passing isn't good enough. He simply doesn't come up with the clutch plays that you need from your marquee player. That 4th tackle kick that went well over the dead ball line sums up Robbie these days.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:09 pm

He may have looked bored but he still puts in his best on the field.

So many times him and woods have to clean up others missed tackles.
Might not be the most liked leader we have had but wont dis the bloke for as long as he has our jersey on

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:09 pm

rex2ce wrote:I don't think it is a happy team, still some agendas floating around, the only explanation for their current poor form

Sounds like that's what you are hoping for

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:10 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Black Orange White wrote:

You are right. Forget the fact that his passing isn't good enough. He simply doesn't come up with the clutch plays that you need from your marquee player. That 4th tackle kick that went well over the dead ball line sums up Robbie these days.
Sums up his ego. Cue another "hand over the reigns" article
It's obvious he's struggling not being the go to man

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:13 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:He may have looked bored but he still puts in his best on the field.

So many times him and woods have to clean up others missed tackles.
Might not be the most liked leader we have had but wont dis the bloke for as long as he has our jersey on
Agree with this. He defense is still very good. I have seen enough State Cup to know Cherrington does not yet have the ability in defense to play first grade.

I dont dislike Robbie. In the past I haven't rated him as a leader but he seems to have improved in this area. However, age has badly caught up with him in very important areas of his game.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sun 17 May, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:14 pm

Tough assessment. Newcastle, for all their ineptness, wanted it more than us today. The one Tigers player I thought wanted a win bad was Farah. Sorry Nofo also - awesome display for third game of the season.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:15 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Tough assessment. Newcastle, for all their ineptness, wanted it more than us today. The one Tigers player I thought wanted a win bad was Farah.
As always, he gave his all. I certainly don't doubt Robbie has always given his all every time he steps out on the field for us.