Robbie looked bored at halftime

Geo.

Re: Robbie looked bored at halftime

Post by Geo. » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:20 pm

This is hilarious
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:23 pm

Wasn't really trying to bag him. I thought his body language was more a reflection of the lifeless game plan we were adopting.

He looked a bit resigned to our fate. Never once doubted his commitment on the field. He has given a lot to use over the years and still does.

It was just a stale, lifeless performance and that was reflected by the boy language in the sheds at halftime i thought.
Last edited by Eddie on Sun 17 May, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:25 pm

southerntiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Tough comments some of these. Thought he was pretty good all game.

Honestly, you cannot doubt woods, Farah, Taupau, Tedesco and moses' dedication in the game. They all try their best as far as I can see.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
No one doubts Robbie's commitment and dedication. He busts his ring out there. Unfortunately, there is more to success than effort.
Hmmm I don't think I'm biased but robbie is better than probably most of the other hookers playing nrl ATM. If it wasn't for him, we would be a bigger basket case on the field. Friend and smith come close to him but not many others.

Do you honestly see anyone else in the team ready to captain a first grade side? A hooker so defensively strong, decent service, great foresight and a kicking game as astute as his? I honestly don't. Robbie is talented- heaps talented and he's showcased that in each point of his career.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:28 pm

NJLM78 wrote:I was very bored at halftime too. That was one of the most boring games I have ever seen. Usually I get something out of every Tigers game. Not today. The difference in quality between that game and the Dragons v Raiders game before it was huge. Really glad I didn't make the trip to Newcastle for it.

Remember when Robbie used to go out and take control of games like that and get the competition points. Seems like a while ago.
Was that when every one here was squealing that Robbie was running the show too much???
Well you got what you wanted, he even said ( along with JT) that he was stepping back ( as some of you wanted ), and letting the halves run the show.
Now he's not doing enough. Lol.
He must have been real bored when he was making his approx 50 tackles.
Whose non tackling was he making up for???

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:31 pm

My thoughts were he was bored with the game plan. A game plan that is not utilising his or the teams strengths. It was almost a band handed compliment.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:32 pm

rex2ce wrote:I don't think it is a happy team, still some agendas floating around, the only explanation for their current poor form
Maybe some are cheesed off that no matter how little some people do , they still line up each weekend

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:32 pm

Today I give credit to nofoluma, Moses,brooks,Farah,halatua,taupau,lodge. Really liked Moses he was tough today,nofa looked real pissed off and brooks lived up abit today.......over the bomb on last play tho.....even rabs in the box was aswell
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:33 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:I was very bored at halftime too. That was one of the most boring games I have ever seen. Usually I get something out of every Tigers game. Not today. The difference in quality between that game and the Dragons v Raiders game before it was huge. Really glad I didn't make the trip to Newcastle for it.

Remember when Robbie used to go out and take control of games like that and get the competition points. Seems like a while ago.
Was that when every one here was squealing that Robbie was running the show too much???
Well you got what you wanted, he even said ( along with JT) that he was stepping back ( as some of you wanted ), and letting the halves run the show.

Not mine. I was sitting on the lounge waiting for something to happen.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:37 pm

NJLM78 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Not mine. I was sitting on the lounge waiting for something to happen.
:lol:

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:40 pm

i wonder if his neck issue is back (think it was the neck) A few seasons ago he was having trouble with it. Forget what it was exactly but i fully expected it to have come back by now as it didn't seem like an issue that would just go away for good.
I agree that he is looking really old out there currently. Although his dummy half service has never been outstanding, he was never bad at it.
Also seems to me his style of play isn't part of taylors game plan.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:42 pm

Know how he feels, I was so excited I put the bins out.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:42 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Tough comments some of these. Thought he was pretty good all game.

Honestly, you cannot doubt woods, Farah, Taupau, Tedesco and moses' dedication in the game. They all try their best as far as I can see.

No one doubts Robbie's commitment and dedication. He busts his ring out there. Unfortunately, there is more to success than effort.
Hmmm I don't think I'm biased but robbie is better than probably most of the other hookers playing nrl ATM. If it wasn't for him, we would be a bigger basket case on the field. Friend and smith come close to him but not many others.

Do you honestly see anyone else in the team ready to captain a first grade side? A hooker so defensively strong, decent service, great foresight and a kicking game as astute as his? I honestly don't. Robbie is talented- heaps talented and he's showcased that in each point of his career.

Sorry mate, you are biased if you believe that. There is no other hooker in the game who constantly throws balls to the ground. I accept Farah has influence in other areas but dummy half service is what he must be evaluated on primarily.

But for mine the following are better than Farah on form of the last 18 months - Smith, Friend, Luke, Segeyaro, McCullough, Peats, Ballin, Leuluai, Granville are all ahead of Farah on current form. And today, I was impressed with the service of Randell. It was far cleaner and crisper than Farah provided for us.

As a former hooker - albeit a poor one - I focus a lot on this area.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:44 pm

Geo. wrote:This is hilarious
He will be taking notes , will our Robbie

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:
I hope he does. I hope he proves me wrong.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:56 pm

southerntiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
I hope he does. I hope he proves me wrong.
I just can't believe people are reading into him looking bored

He would of been focusing on what he had to do in the 2nd half to help us get the result

When I'm focusing on what someone is saying to me , I usually look away to can concentrate on what they are saying

Then again I think I'm going deaf as well :lol: , probably doesn't help

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 May, 2015 8:59 pm

Does seem to be some extreme opinions here going off one persons reading of body lingo via TV minus any dialogue...extreme indeed

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:02 pm

ask alan pease

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:03 pm

body language expert

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"