Press Conference: NRL Round 10

cunno

Re: Press Conference: NRL Round 10

Post by cunno » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:25 pm

I would prefer to watch JT deliver his mid season report to the Board on how the team is going along with their reaction. Such an opportunity would not only reveal what he has identified as the positives and negatives but also what he plans to do about them for the remainder of the season.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:30 pm

Geo. wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015 ... e_nrl.html

Sun 17th May, 07:26PM
Wests Tigers NRL Coach Jason Taylor and captain Robbie Farah spoke to the media after tonight's loss to the Newcastle Knights at Hunter Stadium.

See what they had to say about tonight's match and more in the video above.

Interesting...
What was interesting about it Geo?
Admitting the shortfalls in OUR game,,,refusing to blame the refs for the loss,,,identifying the areas we need to improve...as poorly as we played we still had a chance to win deep into the game...

Farah admitting HE made a bad play....

IMO it's not all doom and gloom...when this side clicks we will go on a run....this loss ATM is a bad one though...
I agree with you. We aren't playing as bad as some on here are suggesting.

Newcastle have some quality players and we contained them for the most part.

I am also very happy to see Taylor turn around the Wests Tigers culture of heads going down when a decision goes against us. That Manly game last year when Nofa's try was disallowed is a great example. Up until then we are competing with Manly - one bad decision and we fall apart. That is why I see Taylor's approach of not blaming the refs to be critical. It sends a message to the players, don't worry about the refs, worry about what you can control.

The above being, it was consistent with what Taylor has been saying for 10 weeks which is why I was surprised you called it interesting.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:48 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Admitting the shortfalls in OUR game,,,refusing to blame the refs for the loss,,,identifying the areas we need to improve...as poorly as we played we still had a chance to win deep into the game...

IMO it's not all doom and gloom...when this side clicks we will go on a run....this loss ATM is a bad one though...

I am also very happy to see Taylor turn around the Wests Tigers culture of heads going down when a decision goes against us. That Manly game last year when Nofa's try was disallowed is a great example. Up until then we are competing with Manly - one bad decision and we fall apart. That is why I see Taylor's approach of not blaming the refs to be critical. It sends a message to the players, don't worry about the refs, worry about what you can control.

The above being, it was consistent with what Taylor has been saying for 10 weeks which is why I was surprised you called it interesting.

Our heads went down when we lost that scrum we fed, and our discipline went out the window, and the game went with the Knights..while we should of been pressuring to lock it up!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:52 pm

I agree and thats what Taylor said we can't keep doing it. Unfortunately, how senior players have never been circumspect when it comes to referee decisions.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:10 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Refuse to watch it.

Will be the same old crap trotted out to make him look like he is doing an outstanding job trying to teach this young team.

In a round about way putting the club down and propping himself up.
So when has he put the club down? Perhaps if you watched these interviews you would realise he does nothing of the sort.

Ive watched every single one.

Not interested in the same old lines this week.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:24 pm

Russell wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Refuse to watch it.

Will be the same old crap trotted out to make him look like he is doing an outstanding job trying to teach this young team.

In a round about way putting the club down and propping himself up.
So when has he put the club down? Perhaps if you watched these interviews you would realise he does nothing of the sort.
TITG - how do you know this if you don't watch it?

This is for Russel, Southern and Littletiger.

As i stated in the last post, i have watched every single post match conference. Ive actually watched pretty much every interview Taylor has given since he came to the club.

I find he always starts with a negative about the club and then offers some explanation of how he is going to change it. Usually quickly followed by an it will take time.

Until i actually see changes in player attitude, the scoreboard or the ladder im bored with him and his press conferences.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:34 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:Waste of megabytes .....

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Aren't you on an unlimited plan yet?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:37 pm

Geo. wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Wests Tigers NRL Coach Jason Taylor and captain Robbie Farah spoke to the media after tonight's loss to the Newcastle Knights at Hunter Stadium.

Interesting...

There's hope for us after all. Love your positive outlook Geo :sign:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:45 pm

[quote="happy tiger"]More bored Robbie[/quote

I noticed that too Happy. Something's not quite right with Robbie. He even looked bored when we got the wins. :?: just doesn't seem happy. I could be reading too much into it, but I don't think so.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:55 pm

Boring just like the game! Same lines week in week out just like the game. Taylor needs to grow a set and think outside the square.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:00 am

innsaneink wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Our heads went down when we lost that scrum we fed, and our discipline went out the window, and the game went with the Knights..while we should of been pressuring to lock it up!
players are still human and change takes time.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:12 am

Geo. wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Interesting...

Running where though Geo ??

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:14 am

Tigermama wrote:
happy tiger wrote:More bored Robbie[/quote

I noticed that too Happy. Something's not quite right with Robbie. He even looked bored when we got the wins. :?: just doesn't seem happy. I could be reading too much into it, but I don't think so.
When is there anything ever right with Robbie ? Besides when he is playing SOO.
He looks the same as he did last year, maybe the Taylor and Farah relationship is heading the same way the Farah and Potter relationship went.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 2:03 am

Fumbles wrote:
Tigermama wrote:

He looks the same as he did last year, maybe the Taylor and Farah relationship is heading the same way the Farah and Potter relationship went.
Like the first swallow in Spring . We now have the first official Taylor/Farah relationship Difficulties report. ( or is it Groundhog Day????).
:wahoo:

thaitiger

Post by thaitiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 6:28 am

All I know is I have been watching JT's Press Conferences's since Round 1 and he is the same "Cardboard Cutoff" Warrior. Same old, Same old strategy of admitting our mistakes then praising the effort and then saying it will take time?????? WTF??

Stop with the excuses and "GET RESULTS" JT!!!!

He looks like a little scared boy up there and Robbie and the other players should be "held accountable" for such purile ,anemic and "cardboard cutout" performances week in week out ,
Get results JT, make changes it is as obvious as "dogs ball's" who should be axed and JT refuses to do it.
Also I am not a fair weather supporter which is the argument pulled out everytime there is legitimate criticism of the team and JT!!!! If there congtinues to be a "mamby pamby" supporter's in here accepting these z grade performances and making the same old "worn out" excuses that have been accepted over the years like a "old 33RPM Record"!!!!!!!!!

So frustrating and so mediocre and pussy like.
Get Real or Get Out".

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 18 May, 2015 7:06 am

I get the impression, behind closed doors, he's blaming the refs..................some of those calls weren't close, weren't 50/50 at all

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:11 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fumbles wrote:
Tigermama wrote:

Like the first swallow in Spring . We now have the first official Taylor/Farah relationship Difficulties report. ( or is it Groundhog Day????).
:wahoo:

Lol GCT, It's reared its ugly head once more.. 8-)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:16 am

JT needs to have his advisors standing behind him at the pressos all nodding when he says something

Much like the pollies do

Strange that Robbie doesn't do this occasionally