Two points

simonthetiger

Two points

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:32 pm

Lawrence got hit high.....they watched it five times.....apparently thats ok.

We had a scrum,their front rower kicked it into our pack and it bounced back and they got it.99 times out of 100 thats a repack.Thats ok.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 17 May, 2015 11:39 pm

Well I suppose the refs know jt wont make a song and dance out of it.......so they just play on
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:49 am

simonthetiger wrote:Lawrence got hit high.....they watched it five times.....apparently thats ok.

We had a scrum,their front rower kicked it into our pack and it bounced back and they got it.99 times out of 100 thats a repack.Thats ok.

We should have been given a penalty and Gidley placed on report. It was plain for all to see that Chris was hurt by the high tackle. Can't believe the Refs thought that was ok. :crazy

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Mon 18 May, 2015 1:39 am

Dunno about 2 points, I could bring up at least 10 in tonights game but whats the point really? The refs for years have been killing us. The bottom teams get no rub of the green whilst the top teams Manly/Storm/Bunnies/Dogs/Roorters/Broncos have always got 80%+ of the 50/50 calls. Money talks and there is no interest to the NRL for Canberra/Tigers/Cronulla/Parra etc to do well in this modern day comp and im sure refs are told certain agendas. Calls just simply cant constantly go against the bottom teams (at least thats one area refs are consistent in I guess). The no try to Rowdy last week is just such a prime example. Clearly that was a try, the commentators were as bewildered as us Tigers fans were. The next day just swept under the carpet and forgotten about never to be spoken of again. The Nofo try last year in the opening minutes of the Tigers/Manly game that Shayne Hayne called no try on the field when a reply showed he clearly scored. The list is endless

NQLD bang on about how duded they are with the refs, well, I reckon the Tigers get it more then NQ. With them its just highlighted as its happened in bigger games where as we get it week after week.

Teams do make their own luck but only to a certain extent. Players can try their butts out but if it continuously goes against you at every turn you do get disheartened. Yes the Tigers are a rabble of a team but give them a fighting chance! At times tonight I wish Robbie would have marched the team off the field but in the PC world of today there aint any Arjuna Ranatungas left. At least it would highlight and bring to the forefront of attention the disparity that bottom teams face. I remember as a young fella in the 80's playing park football and just knowing the game I was about to play in we had a ref that didnt like our team due to previous incidences, we were always pushing s%&t up hill from the moment the whistle blew. Country footy to Professional footy one would hope refs arent so easily swayed but questions need to be asked.

Few things that really irked me about tonight game -

*Twice we got penalised for stripping the ball when our player didnt do it intentionally, they were loose carries, then they do it to us against big Patty and the try is allowed. I agree it wasnt a strip but be god damned consistent!!! We literally got pinned 2 times for this within minutes before they did it to Pat and it was deemed a loose carry by Pat, try allowed. To make matters worse the very next set after they scored that try they knocked it on and Moses was deemed to have stripped the ball.....his back was to the player and BJ just dropped it cold trying to get up!!!! whistle blown, strip, penalty to the knights! I could not believe what I had just witnessed. A Parra fan and a Doggies fan I was watching the game with were blowing up deluxe! We had just had a huge conversation 30 seconds ago regarding the previous strip calls on the Tigers then the knights try was allowed. I could just sit there in stunned silence.

*Apparently its now ok to choke slam a player to the ground, ala Grubby Gidley on Moses. Everyone just happened to miss that one. They even replayed it, the commentators said nothing. Just left us dumbfounded in my lounge room.

*Apparently its now ok to dish out high shots, enough to make a player go off with concussion and the hit payers is deemed to have dropped the ball, no penalty right in front for a high shot (on Rowdy)

*Apparently its now legal for a front rower to strike at the ball as the ball is being fed into the scrum. 99.99% of these are re-fed or a penalty given to the attacking team.

I just cant be bothered going on with facts....off to bed

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Mon 18 May, 2015 1:56 am

Wests Tigers had received the most penalties of any team in the comp up to the end of round 9 (I haven't checked the latest stats). It's easy to feel like the refs are against us but I don't think we cop it any worse than any other team. i.e., the refereeing is not biased, just indiscriminately of a poor standard and all teams suffer from time to time.

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Mon 18 May, 2015 2:54 am

We dont cop it worse then any other team, just the same as the bottom teams every week not "time to time" and we get no where near the 50/50 calls the top teams get when we play them. One thing I hate is when refs blow get square penalties. I cant remember the game, either round 3 or 4 we got about 4 penalties in a matter of minutes at the back end of a game. All useless to us at the time, it was a clear get square for the ledger. You want the penalty running out of your own 20 to give you a leg down the pitch not 3 or 4 penalties in a row on their try line when the games already done.

Id love to see a stat for the penalties given to the Tigers in the first 20 mins of a game compared to the opposition when the arm wrestle for the dominance of the game is just starting. Not an end result stat that includes gift penalties that the refs blow to make it look even for their stats when in reality they had already rubbed us out of the game in the opening stanza by blowing the whistle against us. Even a stat of penalties at half time, I bet we don't lead that stat table, more likely the most conceded.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 18 May, 2015 6:36 am

fairdinkum wrote:
Few things that really irked me about tonight game -

*Twice we got penalised for stripping the ball when our player didnt do it intentionally, they were loose carries, then they do it to us against big Patty and the try is allowed. I agree it wasnt a strip but be god damned consistent!!! We literally got pinned 2 times for this within minutes before they did it to Pat and it was deemed a loose carry by Pat, try allowed. To make matters worse the very next set after they scored that try they knocked it on and Moses was deemed to have stripped the ball.....his back was to the player and BJ just dropped it cold trying to get up!!!! whistle blown, strip, penalty to the knights! I could not believe what I had just witnessed. A Parra fan and a Doggies fan I was watching the game with were blowing up deluxe! We had just had a huge conversation 30 seconds ago regarding the previous strip calls on the Tigers then the knights try was allowed. I could just sit there in stunned silence.

*Apparently its now ok to choke slam a player to the ground, ala Grubby Gidley on Moses. Everyone just happened to miss that one. They even replayed it, the commentators said nothing. Just left us dumbfounded in my lounge room.

*Apparently its now ok to dish out high shots, enough to make a player go off with concussion and the hit payers is deemed to have dropped the ball, no penalty right in front for a high shot (on Rowdy)

*Apparently its now legal for a front rower to strike at the ball as the ball is being fed into the scrum. 99.99% of these are re-fed or a penalty given to the attacking team.
Consistently inconsistent.

I don't know how they could get these calls wrong, some of these aren't even a 50/50 call.

That swinging arm on Rowdy should have been a penalty and would have been a penalty any other day and that scrum should have been re-fed, just like every other damn time..........reminded me of the semi final game against the Roosters......

And yeah those strip calls. They say Pat had a lose carry..........ok, you've made that call ref, why not stick with it then for when the Knights have a loose carry?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 18 May, 2015 8:45 am

Agreed we had a few calls go against us that normally would have gone the other way but it would have been a injustice if we had have won. We were woefull,no energy,no spark,kicking game was schoolboy stuff,chase game poor and no skill. If the Knights had shifted the ball to their wingers when they had overlaps it would have been a cricket score.

Time for Taylor and the team to have a hard look at themselves and where they are going,because on yesterday's effort the spoon looks a big chance

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:12 am

Lol I think I heard rick stone say Tigers were a bit lucky in the 2nd half

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:48 am

Yep, all the refs fault. As usual the accountability that should be on the players gets ignored

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:52 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Yep, all the refs fault. As usual the accountability that should be on the players gets ignored
The classic Wests Tigers way.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:56 am

we deserved to lose the game simply because we played one of our worst games of the year.

But gee the refs made some howlers yesterday. Obvious mistakes that were so easy to avoid.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:13 am

Can anyone tell me with a straight face that the forum would not have exploded if it was Newcastle who scored that Brooks try?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:18 am

We needed them....always next week
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:22 am

Not an excuse used by our coach GNR......and yes its on again on Saturday. Exactly what my golfing partner says when we have a shocker.....its on again next week.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:23 am

Geo. wrote:We needed them....always next week
Counting isn't a strong point I see

We needed 13 points , not two :brick:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:30 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:We needed them....always next week
Counting isn't a strong point I see

We needed 13 points , not two :brick:
I think you need to go back to bed... 2 Competition points... :D
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:31 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Can anyone tell me with a straight face that the forum would not have exploded if it was Newcastle who scored that Brooks try?
I probably would have lost my s***

But in all honesty that inside the 10 offside rule has got to be the most inconsistently applied rule ever.

As soon as the on field ref called "try" I was so confident that it wouldn't be overturned, the same as if it were to be the Knights who scored it.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...