Gidley Charged..

happy tiger

Re: Gidley Charged..

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:37 pm

I'd prefer Mrs Badger as well

At least we would have something to look at while she stuffed up as well

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:45 pm

Seems like I'm the only one who thought that wasn't a penalty. I remember looking at it in normal speed and thought Lawrence ducked his head too early to go to ground

A little off topic but I hate how high tackles are usually a one way street- there have been so many cases where players put their own head in a dangerous position (not always to earn a penalty). I think afl has a rule against that where if you put your own head in a dangerous position, it's a penalty against you.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:56 pm

jesus, its not netball its a physical game, its not difficult to get even. Dominate or be dominated. However it happens on the day, you shouldnt just lube up and grab your ankles, you make them regret the decision to even start with one of yours, and you tell them as you are doing it.

Flip and pretty... Gidley was a grub all game, by letting him go unscathed for slamming Moses earlier all but encouraged him to continue on.
Last edited by Black'n'White on Mon 18 May, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 9:57 pm

Lawrence was falling into the tackle

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:03 pm

In this instance its the video refs rather than Badger that are at fault aren't they? As it was explained during the telecast, only when its a reportable offence can the video referees advise the match officials to award a penalty after reviewing video of the incident. Of course in the mickey mouse way that the NRL does these things, the video refs have probably been left under-prepared for this change in process and not surprisingly no penalty was advised.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:06 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:In this instance its the video refs rather than Badger that are at fault aren't they? As it was explained during the telecast, only when its a reportable offence can the video referees advise the match officials to award a penalty after reviewing video of the incident. Of course in the mickey mouse way that the NRL does these things, the video refs have probably been left under-prepared for this change in process and not surprisingly no penalty was advised.

Its just another rule where there can be enough deniability to allow the video ref to pick and choose who he would like to penalise.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:07 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:I hate it when the joke is on us! Badger should be dropped, at minimum!
Far to late for justice deserved by Wests Tigers. This is not the first time this year Badger has turned the game against Wests Tigers. Imagine the furore had Toovey been our coach last Sunday.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:Lawrence was falling into the tackle
The point is that 999 million times out of a billion, if the replay shows a player's been hit in the head, whether on purpose or not, the penalty is given.

You even see refs say 'sorry mate but the contact was high' when they can tell it was unintentional - but the penalty is still given.

I swear we are a special case

Remember the time a tiger got penalised for pushing the marker over? I haven't seen that penalised since

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:31 pm

Winnipeg wrote:
The point is that 999 million times out of a billion, if the replay shows a player's been hit in the head, whether on purpose or not, the penalty is given.

You even see refs say 'sorry mate but the contact was high' when they can tell it was unintentional - but the penalty is still given.

Remember the time a tiger got penalised for pushing the marker over? I haven't seen that penalised since

On that note, when Leilua fell over as marker, was he actually pushed by one of our players?

Didn't seem like Nofo was anywhere near him.

Looked like he just fell over.

Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:46 pm

i was pretty annoyed at gidley in that game too. the back slam he did on moses was unnecessary and i thought warranted at least something.
i dont really blame him for the lawrence hit though; he was just going in for a hard tackle and lawrences head was on the way down. not much he couldve done imo, just something that happens.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 10:50 pm

guyofthetiger wrote:
Winnipeg wrote:

On that note, when Leilua fell over as marker, was he actually pushed by one of our players?

I'm talking about the charge not the possible penalty or even the possible return of the ball

Seeing the ball spill happened after the contact to the head I can't understand at the least why the ball wasn't returned to the player who would replace Rowdy

We see it when players get serious leg or neck injuries when a player puts the ball down beside him when they are injured

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:15 pm

happy tiger wrote:
guyofthetiger wrote:
Winnipeg wrote:
"happy tiger" wrote:Lawrence was falling into the tackle

I'm talking about the charge not the possible penalty or even the possible return of the ball

Seeing the ball spill happened after the contact to the head I can't understand at the least why the ball wasn't returned to the player who would replace Rowdy

We see it when players get serious leg or neck injuries when a player puts the ball down beside him when they are injured

Sorry, I went on a tangent to the separate incident when we were penalised for pushing the marker over, Leilua.

Seemed like he just lost his balance.

Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:16 pm

happy tiger wrote:

i think thats exactly right. i was surprised that given lawrence only dropped the ball following the head shot that they didnt retain possession. as you say, it happens all the time.

grrrrrrrrrr

Post by grrrrrrrrrr » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:33 pm

The video ref has been told to go easy on jumping in to avoid players taking a dive however blind freddy could see he was hit with a illegal swinging arm

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 18 May, 2015 11:41 pm

turnstyle wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

i think thats exactly right. i was surprised that given lawrence only dropped the ball following the head shot that they didnt retain possession. as you say, it happens all the time.
The Tackle was not complete...simple
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 19 May, 2015 5:07 am

The second joke decision of the game, following on from the overturn despite the second man in striking at the ball and knocking it forward for the opening try. But wait there's more, next up tight head props are now allowed to strike for the ball in scrums.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 May, 2015 7:11 am

Geo. wrote:
turnstyle wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Well seeing it has been classed as an illegal tackle the tackle was completed the moment Gidley made contact with his head

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 May, 2015 7:41 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
turnstyle wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Well seeing it has been classed as an illegal tackle the tackle was completed the moment Gidley made contact with his head
Yeah lets go back and replay the game from that point... :roll:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..