Train from Campeltown

tiger85

Train from Campeltown

Post by tiger85 » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi funlovers i will be in sydney on the weekend we play the cowboys. Me and the Mrs are staying in the CBD and wanted to catch a home game! i was just wondering what the trains back to the city are like after a game at that time of night. i assume there would be a bit of a crowd on them which is fine its just that line seems to pass through alot of the suburbs that are always on the news for the wrong reason sand was nervous about the 1.5 hr trip with the Mrs if its too sketchy, as the world has turned to s*** socially. Any advice or info would be great! :sign:
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:11 pm

http://tp.transportnsw.info/nsw/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2

The Trains are fine...run every 18 mins or so on that day after 21:30..50mins back to Central...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:18 pm

Doesn't matter where you are these days, anywhere is dangerous of a night, particularly on a train. I'd assume going back to the city you'd go via Granville which would take you through Livo, Fairfield, Merrylands and Lidcombe.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:22 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Doesn't matter where you are these days, anywhere is dangerous of a night, particularly on a train. I'd assume going back to the city you'd go via Granville which would take you through Livo, Fairfield, Merrylands and Lidcombe.
...and Guildford!

Just dont make eye contact you should be OK

Illek

Post by Illek » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:24 pm

Going back to the city you'd take East hills line. Through padstow revesby. It's alright. Even South line through Merrylands etc is ok.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:26 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Doesn't matter where you are these days, anywhere is dangerous of a night, particularly on a train. I'd assume going back to the city you'd go via Granville which would take you through Livo, Fairfield, Merrylands and Lidcombe.
All the options say via East Hills/Airport line...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:40 pm

Train from Leumeah to Central via the Airport, will take an hour, depart Leumeah 9.26pm, arrive Central 10.25pm or depart 9.56pm and arrive 10.55pm.

No trackwork on the Airport/East Hills line that weekend
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

krayola

Post by krayola » Wed 13 May, 2015 7:05 pm

Gees, you'd think Sydney was a warzone the way some people on here and in society describe the place. A Sydney train at 9:30 in the evening is as safe as they come.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 13 May, 2015 7:36 pm

Tweeker ville ..do not wear jewellery, probable would be better not to shower for a few days to blend in ...sit next to the guards pigeon hole,do not make eye contact , talk about how good the dole payments are and how great it is not to have to work,put all money in your socks other than that have a good night hope we get a post the week after the game so we know you got back to the CBD OK ....maybe might not be this bad but in all honesty trains at night are not a good place in Sydney and do not forget your opal card .

kafta

Post by kafta » Wed 13 May, 2015 7:43 pm

Don't worry about getting mugged you will freeze to death first.
Sheesh it's cold out here.

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 13 May, 2015 7:55 pm

kafta wrote:Don't worry about getting mugged you will freeze to death first.
My daughter in law just rang complaining how cold it was in Narellan ,any wonder my grandkids need toughing up when they come to grandpas house in the inner west.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Thu 14 May, 2015 1:51 am

To be honest I've found other areas closer to the city (Refern, Sydenham) more intimidating then Sydney's western suburbs when catching a train on a Saturday night. The people are usually drunk or so high on drugs that you spend the whole train ride thanking your parents for teaching you the adverse impacts of drugs.

If you mind your own business and don't provoke anyone where ever you are in the world then you'll be sweet.

Whilst you may come across some socially incapable douche bags they won't be of harm to you.

If your Wife is a good sort though I'd suggest you ignore the comments that will most definitely come her way otherwise you're asking for trouble with any reaction. Just take it as a compliment, thats what I do these days..
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Magpie Ryan

Post by Magpie Ryan » Thu 14 May, 2015 7:48 pm

tiger85 wrote:Hi funlovers i will be in sydney on the weekend we play the cowboys. Me and the Mrs are staying in the CBD and wanted to catch a home game! i was just wondering what the trains back to the city are like after a game at that time of night. i assume there would be a bit of a crowd on them which is fine its just that line seems to pass through alot of the suburbs that are always on the news for the wrong reason sand was nervous about the 1.5 hr trip with the Mrs if its too sketchy, as the world has turned to s*** socially. Any advice or info would be great! :sign:
You have nothing to worry about Tiger85,I have been working a night shift for the last 5 months. I'm literally on the last train out of campbelltown (East hills line) to kingsgrove and haven't had any issues what so ever.
You'll be fine mate!
Enjoy the footy....

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 14 May, 2015 7:59 pm

Snake wrote:
kafta wrote:Don't worry about getting mugged you will freeze to death first.
My daughter in law just rang complaining how cold it was in Narellan ,any wonder my grandkids need toughing up when they come to grandpas house in the inner west.
Kafka,come out to the Southern a Highlands and find out what cold is....fill up the hot water bottle and enjoy the trip......haha... :D
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

LCA

Post by LCA » Thu 14 May, 2015 8:00 pm

krayola wrote:Gees, you'd think Sydney was a warzone the way some people on here and in society describe the place. A Sydney train at 9:30 in the evening is as safe as they come.
Well said. Where did reality go in this world?

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 14 May, 2015 8:05 pm

LCA wrote:
krayola wrote:Gees, you'd think Sydney was a warzone the way some people on here and in society describe the place. A Sydney train at 9:30 in the evening is as safe as they come.
Well said. Where did reality go in this world?
reality coloured by exaggerated perception