Plodders have to go

GNR4LIFE

Re: Plodders have to go

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 May, 2015 2:39 pm

Outside Woods and Taupau, all our forwards would struggle making first anywhere else. Even Galloway.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 18 May, 2015 3:28 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Is it Sironen's fault that he has been advised to only run in a 15m channel on the field and not go looking for the ball elsewhere?

During City Country Fitler have him more freedom and he looked better.
How would you know what he has been advised?

He should not be anywhere near the first grade side. Very, very ordinary player.
Well youd be in the very, very small minority with that opinion. Each to their own.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 18 May, 2015 3:33 pm

I'd be more than happy For SIrro to have a go off the bench and rip in for 40 mins either side of half time, and maybe again at the end. But it won't help him develop his motor either.

The problem is he doesn't touch the ball often enough as we don't pass it to him. He's also obviously been told to use his ball skills by trying a few short balls, which our other forwards don't do. He's not purely a hit up guy. And the team's tactics are playing a big part in his performances i reckon.

Same with the halves. Skilful players aren't allowed to play their natural game. There needs to be more of a balance.

As has been said, 5 hitups and a bomb from halfway won't win you much. Ever. No other side does this. We are far too conservative and it plays against the styles of our best players.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 18 May, 2015 3:47 pm

The warriors do this.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 18 May, 2015 4:47 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:The warriors do this.
The Warriors have Shaun Johnson!

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 18 May, 2015 4:52 pm

Out of our side the reds need to go and the blues need to be used more wisely.

1 James Tedesco
2 Kevin Naiqama
23 David Nofoaluma
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Pat Richards
6 Mitch Moses
7 Luke Brooks

8 Aaron Woods
9 Robbie Farah (c)
10 Keith Galloway
11 Curtis Sironen
14 Dene Halatau
13 Martin Taupau

Interchange
12 Kyle Lovett
15 Ava Seumanufagai

16 Sauso sue
17 Matthew Lodge

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 18 May, 2015 4:55 pm

Add Richards to the red list, shouldn't be here past this year.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 18 May, 2015 5:02 pm

happy tiger wrote:Sironen is an easy issue

He can't handle the minutes , simple as that
I hope we don't get a media release about Sironen this week similar to Ben Elias' on Moses.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 18 May, 2015 5:08 pm

Newtown wrote:
I hope we don't get a media release about Sironen this week similar to Ben Elias' on Moses.
Fortunately, Scissors has a bit more class than Benny. Then again, Moses had an improved game, so maybe it worked.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 18 May, 2015 5:58 pm

I cant believe that SIro gets a hard time here every week, I thought he was good again.

He is playing an edge backrow role like most others. He is a very good front foot player, not as good as starting a role (loads of backrowers fit this role), happy is probably right, 80 minutes is a little tough for him now, and under fatigue he sometimes doesnt work quite hard enough. I reckon that JT is aware of this, knows we cant win the comp and is prepared to build his minutes.

We have a number of issues, we make too many silly mistakes, we give away penalties where we are not under pressure and we are probably a middle defender short. Currently the right edge is at sea, TBF though neither Noffa or Hoeter are centres at this level yet. Personally Id like to see us more expansive between the 30m lines, currently we only attack in the opposition 30, and look ok when doing so, we dont get there enough and ask little questions elsewhere.

Players have really defined roles, some of them are not glorious or produce big stats, it does not mean they are not doing their job.

Everyone keeps commenting on our player x is a coaches favourite. The fact that 3 coaches have picked most of these players whenever they are available should indicate that they are the best available.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 18 May, 2015 6:09 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Is it Sironen's fault that he has been advised to only run in a 15m channel on the field and not go looking for the ball elsewhere?

During City Country Fitler have him more freedom and he looked better.
How would you know what he has been advised?

He should not be anywhere near the first grade side. Very, very ordinary player.
Well youd be in the very, very small minority with that opinion. Each to their own.

That would be the " very, very small minority " that know a footballer when they see one.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 18 May, 2015 6:35 pm

Milky wrote:Out of our side the reds need to go and the blues need to be used more wisely.

1 James Tedesco
2 Kevin Naiqama
23 David Nofoaluma
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Pat Richards
6 Mitch Moses
7 Luke Brooks

8 Aaron Woods
9 Robbie Farah (c)
10 Keith Galloway
11 Curtis Sironen
14 Dene Halatau
13 Martin Taupau

Interchange
12 Kyle Lovett
15 Ava Seumanufagai

16 Sauso sue
17 Matthew Lodge
Not bad Milky, I'd red Galloway though, his best days are not in front of him.

Ava is the only one i think you underestimate, he is still young for a prop and is coming along and improving things in his game like his lateral defence not to mention his fitness.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 19 May, 2015 7:44 am

Halatau has been our of our best. He has to stay. Robbie is still a gun player. He is just overpaid for what he offers us now.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 19 May, 2015 8:22 am

Goose wrote:I cant believe that SIro gets a hard time here every week, I thought he was good again.
I think the opposition would also agree with this - he would be good to play against.

Nors05

Post by Nors05 » Wed 20 May, 2015 7:02 pm

I think a lot of our problems could be fixed with the following:

1. Sign two edge back rowers that are currently better than our stocks. These two players would take the 11 and 12, forcing Sironen to the bench where he can play an impact role and gradually build into his role as a backrower. Lovett can be kept as depth
2. Sign a prop to purely be used as a bench impact player. If we can find another Tupau...amazing
3. Sign a marquee centre. No idea who is in market at the moment but we need someone to fill in that right centre spot inside Nofoluma. Richards will retire (tbh I want him to stay because he is gun but more likely he will retire), Naquama will move to left wing, Hoeter can be kept as depth.

If Lawrence, Richards, Moltzen, Ava and Halutau end up moving on then surely we have enough to cover these signings right???